more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert £10.5 m - is this a wind up ?

Started by howitis, July 01, 2020, 10:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-closing-in-on-eight-figure-signing/

Surely this cannot have any truth. He has shown absolutely nothing whilst with us and has no future value. If this is true we have even bigger problems.

Why are we not identifying young talent ??

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

South Coast White

ChesterTheTabby

Knockers is worth $5 mil max. Outrageous.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jimsbeerbelly

We are NOT paying 10.5M for Knockhaert, I can categorically tell you that. Made up media bullpoo, so they can have something to write about, and it came from that Wayne Veysey bloke, who's renown for it. Along with the loan fee, it's around 5 - 5.5M which is reasonable.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 02, 2020, 12:00:27 AM
We are NOT paying 10.5M for Knockhaert, I can categorically tell you that. Made up media bullpoo, so they can have something to write about, and it came from that Wayne Veysey bloke, who's renown for it. Along with the loan fee, it's around 5 - 5.5M which is reasonable.

Thank God.

The Rational Fan

Whoscored computer says better right wingers than Knockaert include:
Jed Wallace
Joe Lolley
Bryan Mbeumo
Sam Gallagher
Yakou Meite
Daniel Crowley
Bright Samuel
I really wonder why the scouts prefer Knockaert over statistical better players that could be bought for less.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2020, 12:04:58 AM
Whoscored computer says better right wingers than Knockaert include:
Jed Wallace
Joe Lolley
Bryan Mbeumo
Sam Gallagher
Yakou Meite
Daniel Crowley
Bright Samuel
I really wonder why the scouts prefer Knockaert over statistical better players that could be bought for less.

He's French? No clue really.

The Rational Fan

I like players with great statistics like Jed Wallace whose stats are amazing. The statistics say Knockaert moves  brilliantly with the ball but then misses the target repeatedly, while watching that is great, the statistics say that a player like that is a valueless in a team looking to win.

Jims Dentist

Our club these days is pretty secretive about transfer dealings, with good reason.

Although I think I remember reading that the original deal was a £4m season long loan and another £6m to make it permanent.
Is it best to write off the £4m or to pay the rest in the hope he comes good.
He is 29, as painfully as it might be to swallow the £4k loss might well be the best option.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2020, 12:13:29 AM
I like players with great statistics like Jed Wallace whose stats are amazing. The statistics say Knockaert moves  brilliantly with the ball but then misses the target repeatedly, while watching that is great, the statistics say that a player like that is a valueless in a team looking to win.
Hi TRF.
So reading the above what logic is there for TK (who you defend as if you life depends on it) signing him in the first place.

@jolslover

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 02, 2020, 02:24:11 AM
Hi TRF.
So reading the above what logic is there for TK (who you defend as if you life depends on it) signing him in the first place.

It's not hard to understand - everyone said we had to get Championship experienced players and when Brighton went up he was the best player in the whole league. That is why we signed him and why it was a good signing at the time.
STH H3

alfie

Quote from: @jolslover on July 02, 2020, 08:45:58 AM
Hi TRF.

It's not hard to understand - everyone said we had to get Championship experienced players and when Brighton went up he was the best player in the whole league. That is why we signed him and why it was a good signing at the time.
It's the same old story, everyone loved these signings, best squad in the league they say, and when those players don't perform, TK gets it for making bad signings.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: alfie on July 02, 2020, 08:50:48 AM
Hi TRF.

It's the same old story, everyone loved these signings, best squad in the league they say, and when those players don't perform, TK gets it for making bad signings.

I think a lot of people recognise that TK did what should have been a good job with the signings. The defence (specifically FBs) should have been a higher priority, but on the large he provided us with what should have been a top 2 squad.

Statto

Quote from: alfie on July 02, 2020, 08:50:48 AM
Hi TRF.

Only from some. I've been one of TK's biggest critics in the past but still think he did a really good job this year.

Statto

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 02, 2020, 12:00:27 AM

Sorry, to clarify, does that £5m figure include the loan fee, or is that on top of the loan fee?
I wouldn't be surprised if the loan fee alone was almost that much.

bill taylors apprentice

If we fail to get promoted we will need to rebuild and his wages alone would be better spent.

If we go up, I don't see how he will be worth a place.

filham

I wonder if the stats indicate how many of Knocks shots are going way over the bar.

alfie

Quote from: filham on July 02, 2020, 11:49:55 AM
I wonder if the stats indicate how many of Knocks shots are going way over the bar.
I wonder if the stats indicate how many players other than him are having shots.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't