watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If I were the manager I would.....

Started by Keefy, July 02, 2020, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Keefy

what you would do if you were the manager.

Statto

If you were the manager you'd discuss what you would do if you were the manager?

rebel

Quote from: Statto on July 02, 2020, 10:41:58 AM
If you were the manager you'd discuss what you would do if you were the manager?

I think that's where Parker is at the moment, which Cardigan would I wear for Forest, that won't clash with their strip?

filham

As a start tell the players right now that the Birmingham game is the team's best chance of three points from any of the remaining games, so he is expecting an overdue team performance on Saturday.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on July 02, 2020, 11:55:26 AM
As a start tell the players right now that the Birmingham game is the team's best chance of three points from any of the remaining games, so he is expecting an overdue team performance on Saturday.

I think it would be very worrying if the manager had as little faith in our team as some on here do. Also, do you think it's as easy as just telling the team to go out and win? That if you just tell the team to perform then they will do it? Do you believe that Parker asks the team to give a below average performance normally?

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 02, 2020, 12:04:41 PM

I think it would be very worrying if the manager had as little faith in our team as some on here do. Also, do you think it's as easy as just telling the team to go out and win? That if you just tell the team to perform then they will do it? Do you believe that Parker asks the team to give a below average performance normally?
Note , I did say as a start. Of course there is a lot more, including stop playing Parker Ball around your own box, that needs to be said but I do think the team need to be made aware that the fans have now been waiting a long time for a top performance.

rebel

Well his management style is a culmination of years of note taking, the jury is out on who or how he developed 'Parker Ball'.
No doubt when he writes his autobiography call 'Parker Ball' it will be dedicated to some footballing guru.

Ronnief

Watching football at most high levels the style used by many coaches seems much the same except for the Keith Curle types. Parker Ball in my opinion was and is promoted at St. Georges Park by the FA. Should we continue to blame Parker for his style of football when when you look at many matches the same style is produced, but some do it better than others.

WindyCity

That doesn't show much confidence in his team if he were to address them in that way.  Can't go along with that thought....

filham

Lets change the title of the thread to "What Would Brian Clough Say To the team If He Were Manager". Those responses should be much more interesting.

ByTheRiver

... tender my resignation and look to maybe retrain as an electrician or other trade.

Twig

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 02, 2020, 05:04:12 PM
... tender my resignation and look to maybe retrain as an electrician or other trade.

If you were the manager of course you would have to tender your resignation as you have zero qualifications for the job (unlike Parker).

Matt10

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

The Rational Fan

I'd practice penalties in case its important in the playoff final.