WhiteJC

Results

Thursday
Hull
2-1
Middlesbrough

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest, Fulham & Celtic involved in failed Aston Villa transfer raid

Aston Villa midfielder Jota rejected loan moves to the likes of Nottingham Forest, Fulham and Celtic in January, according to reports from The Athletic.

Jota was a standout player in the Championship for Birmingham City in 2018/19, scoring three goals and registering nine assists before leaving for Aston Villa in the summer.

The 29-year-old has since found game time hard to come by under Dean Smith, making only nine Premier League appearances this season with only four of those coming from the off.

There was a chance for Jota to leave Villa Park on loan in January, according to The Athletic, with Fulham, Celtic and Nottingham Forest all said to have been keen on acquiring the winger's services.

But Jota turned down the chance to depart on loan, despite Fulham and Forest both fighting for promotion in the Sky Bet Championship, and Celtic on the verge of another league title win.

Jota has featured only once for Villa since turning down a loan move away in January, making an appearance in the 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea in late June.

The Verdict

Jota could have been an excellent signing for both Fulham and Forest, but I think Forest needed him the most.

They bid farewell to Albert Adomah in January, with the winger joining Cardiff on loan, and Adama Diakhaby has failed to make an impact since joining on loan from Huddersfield.

A tricky, inverted winger like Jota could have really suited Sabri Lamouchi's style of play, but fair play to him for wanting to fight for a place at Villa.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-fulham-celtic-involved-in-failed-aston-villa-transfer-raid/

WhiteJC

End of Season Clearance

Our End of Season Clearance starts now with fans able to take advantage of some fantastic store-wide savings across kit, fashion, gifts and much more.

Supporters can head to the newly re-opened Stadium Store or browse online and pick up some great deals on FFC merchandise.

Get kitted out and represent the team from home in style with 2019/20 Home Kit available from just £15!

Don't miss out while stocks last!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/01/end-of-season-clearance

WhiteJC

Referee confirmed for the Fulham game

Referee Keith Stroud will take charge of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship fixture between Fulham and Blues at Craven Cottage.

So far this season the Hampshire-based official has refereed 28 games, where he has produced a total of 88 yellow cards, three reds and awarded four penalties.

The last Blues game he refereed was our Championship away game at Bristol City in February.

Blues won that match 3-1 and no players from either side were cautioned.

Mr Stroud has refereed 20 Blues games in total, with Blues winning six of them, drawing seven and losing seven.

The last Fulham game he took charge of was their Championship away fixture at Preston in December 2019.

Fulham lost that game 2-1 and there were five players booked and two sent off.

Josh Onomah was cautioned for the Cottagers, with Denis Odoi receiving a straight red for the visitors.

He has refereed 16 Fulham games during his career, with the Cottagers winning seven, drawing four and losing five.

Mr Stroud will be assisted on Saturday by Darren Blunden and Robert Merchant, with Craig Hicks acting as the fourth official.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/referee-confirmed-for-the-fulham-game/

WhiteJC

Lyle Taylor, Striker released by Charlton along with long-serving Chris Solly

Charlton have released top-scorer Lyle Taylor after the forward refused to agree a contract extension.

The 30-year-old has not played since the Championship resumed last month after being halted due to coronavirus.

Having scored 11 goals in 22 appearances this season, manager Lee Bowyer said Taylor did not want to jeopardise a "life-changing move".

Taylor also scored 25 times last season as Charlton won promotion back to the Championship through the play-offs.

Long-serving right-back Chris Solly, 29, has also left the club after 18 years.

Having joined the club's academy as an 11-year-old, Solly went on to make 313 appearances for the Addicks, scoring three times.

"I would like to wish Chris and Lyle the best," Bowyer told the club website.

"They both gave everything for the club every time they pulled on the shirt and they've both been an important part of the team during my time here."

Loan players David Davis and Matt Smith have returned to Birmingham City and Manchester City, while the club has taken up one-year contract options on Charles Clayden, Ben Dempsey, Nathan Harness, Jay Mingi, Joseph Osaghae, Johl Powell, Luca Vega and James Vennings.

Wassim Aouchria and Armando Junior Quitirna have signed new one-year contracts ,with an option for a further 12 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53264710

WhiteJC

Exclusive: West Brom set sights on signing Fulham player, £5m will seal deal

West Brom have set their sights on a move for Fulham defender Joe Bryan this summer, Football Insider can reveal.

The Championship high flyers are in the market for a left-back and are targeting a move for the 26-year-old.

A West Brom source has told Football Insider the club are weighing up a move for Bryan after learning he may be available for transfer.

Fulham value Bryan at around £5million after previously setting a £7m asking price for him.

He was the subject of interest from Southampton in January while Italian club Atalanta were keen to sign him on loan.

Bryan was also wanted by Newcastle United last summer.

The left-back has been a mainstay at Fulham since signing in 2018 from Bristol City for around £6million.

He was the regular left-back during their season in the Premier League that ended in relegation and has started 35 of their 40 Championship matches this season.

Bryan moved to the west Londoners after proving himself to be one of the best full-backs in the Football League during his time at Bristol City.

At the south-west club, he made 230 appearances after graduating from their youth team.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-west-brom-set-sights-on-signing-fulham-player-5m-will-seal-deal/

WhiteJC

A Tribute to Tom Cairney

In the modern football world it's rare to see a player stay at a club for a sustained period of time and continue to play week in, week out. With the high turnover of managers naturally comes a high turnover of players and the idea of a 'one club man' seems to be a thing of the past. When we consider this, it's all the more remarkable to see Tom Cairney hit the double century milestone for Fulham. When we signed him back in 2015 for a reported £3million, I'm not sure anyone could have foreseen just how important he would become for the club over the next five years. But here we are, five years later and able to look back at his 200 appearances for Fulham knowing that we have someone really special at the club. He has been the captain ever since the 2017-18 season and while he has had a great deal of criticism at times, we know that when Cairney plays well, the team plays well. He has been a crucial part of any success that we have had over the past 5 years.

However, it hasn't always been easy, with Cairney criticised at times for shying away and not really taking games by the scruff of the neck. We know that he has the talent to win games, or save us from defeat at least, so it's frustrating when he isn't able to show that on the pitch. Often the criticism is unfair though with people sometimes claiming that he doesn't care, but I don't think a player can reach the 200 appearance mark when they don't care. Even if they were good enough, they just wouldn't get played! He has changed as a player and as a man whilst at Fulham. Injuries have maybe meant that he has had to play deeper than he would have when he was younger and gone are those iconic knee slides (probably banned by the physio in case he wrecks himself again!) He has also became a father whilst at Fulham and that brings with it more responsibilities and therefore maturity. Things are quite difficult at Fulham right now, but Cairney is the sort of player who can get us through it.

I love watching Cairney when he is in full flow. He can look so graceful on the ball, and when he is really on it, he must be an opposition manager's worst nightmare. He has the ability to completely change the game and can keep the ball like the best of them. When he is given freedom to join the attack you just know that in an instant he can either find the right ball to unlock a defence, or to have a go himself. Who can forget those late goals against Leeds in both 2016 and then in 2017? Or that winner against Blackburn at Ewood Park in 2016? One of my biggest frustrations from this season, and last, is that Cairney has clearly been told to play a much deeper role. It often means that we don't get to see him really own games the way he used to. I fully believe that if Parker starts playing him further up the pitch that things will change for us in the final push in the season.

When Cairney stroked the ball past Sam Johnstone on that famous day at Wembley, I think my head nearly exploded. For it alone he will go down in Fulham history. But there is so much more to the Tom Cairney story at Fulham than that day, I'm proud to have been able to watch him dance around pitches up and down the country in the famous black and white. Long may it continue.

#COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/07/a-tribute-to-tom-cairney/

WhiteJC

Cardiff Game Televised

Our home fixture with Cardiff City has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The matchup at the Cottage will now be played on Friday 10th July, 8:15pm.

The original tie was due to be played on Saturday 11th July with a three o'clock kick off, but with the affair being selected for broadcast, it will now be played on a Friday night.

This will mean that only Season Ticket Holders who chose the livestream option will be able to view the game on FFCtv. Match passes will not be available.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/02/cardiff-game-televised

WhiteJC

Larkeche Signs For Fulham

The Club is delighted to have fought off significant competition from some of Europe's biggest clubs for the signing of Paris Saint-Germain left-back Ziyad Larkeche on a free transfer.

The 17-year-old French international became the youngest player in PSG history to play in the UEFA Youth League under the management of Thiago Motta.

Larkeche featured for the PSG Under-19s and helped his side through to the quarter-finals of the Coupe Gambardella, with a goal in a 5-1 win over Lyon.

He has been brought in to join up with Mark Pembridge and Colin Omogbehin's Under-23s side next season.

Fulham have already successfully developed young players from PSG's Academy, with Moussa Dembélé making the same move in the Summer of 2012.

On his switch to Fulham, Ziyad said: "I am over the moon with this move. Joining a traditional and historic club like Fulham is a dream come true.

"From the first sight, the club really convinced me that it was the best option for me so I look forward to giving my best for the team.

"I would like to thank the club and my agents, Gold Kick, for this massive opportunity."

Academy Director, Huw Jennings added: "We're absolutely delighted for Ziyad to be joining us. We've been looking out for a talented attacking minded left-back and feel this signing is a major coup.

"He will initially compete in our Under-23 team and hopefully he can move forward from there."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/02/ziyad-announcement

WhiteJC

Bowie Signs For Fulham

The Club is pleased to confirm the arrival of February signing Kieron Bowie from Raith Rovers.

The 17-year-old striker joins Fulham after continuing to further his development with the Scottish League One side for the remainder of the season.

A local Kirkcaldy boy who used to attend Raith Rovers matches with his grandfather, Bowie became a regular for Rovers last season, helping them to the top of League One and has amassed a total of ten goals and five assists in all competitions.

Upon signing his pre-contract with the club, Bowie expressed his delight at signing with Fulham and paid tribute to the support Raith have given him.

"The last year or so has been a whirlwind and dream to play and score in the first team. To now get the chance to join a club the size of Fulham is really exciting and a great opportunity to help progress my career.

I will be forever grateful for the chance the management team have given me, so it was really important for me to finish the season with Raith. I'm looking forward to joining Fulham and getting started."

Academy Director, Huw Jennings added: "We are delighted that Kieron has joined Fulham. We were aware that a significant number of clubs were tracking him, and we moved very quickly to secure his services.

"Kieron is an exciting prospect, he is a commanding central striker for his age, he has an eye for goal and knows how to lead the line. He has an excellent temperament and is ideally suited to the Fulham way.

"We are indebted to Raith Rovers for their support in enabling Kieron and his family to visit our Motspur Park training ground to help confirm the deal.

Raith Rovers manager John McGlynn shared his sentiment at working with the striker and highlighted the 'right fit' Fulham can provide.

"Everyone at Raith Rovers FC are delighted for Kieron who has agreed to join Fulham FC on 1st July. It has been a pleasure working and seeing Kieron develop so quickly, he has improved beyond all recognition in the last 12 months.

"We feel it's a great opportunity for Kieron to join a club such as Fulham who have a great history and think it will be a good fit for him.

Pictures provided by Tony Fimister.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/02/kieron-bowie

WhiteJC

Fulham sign French left back

Fulham have this afternoon confirmed the signing of young French full back Ziyad Larkeche from Paris Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer.

Larkeche had been targeted by a number of European sides after deciding to leave the French giants this summer when his existing contract expired. The 17 year-old had become the youngest player to appear for PSG in the UEFA Youth League and helped the Parisian giants' under-19 side reach the quarter finals of the Coupe Gambardella.

Larkeche is delighted to have finalised his move to London. He told Fulham's official website:

"I am over the moon with this move. Joining a traditional and historic club like Fulham is a dream come true. From the first sight, the club really convinced me that it was the best option for me so I look forward to giving my best for the team. I would like to thank the club and my agents, Gold Kick, for this massive opportunity.

Fulham academy director Huw Jennings said:

"We're absolutely delighted for Ziyad to be joining us. We've been looking out for a talented attacking minded left-back and feel this signing is a major coup. He will initially compete in our Under-23 team and hopefully he can move forward from there."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/07/fulham-sign-french-left-back/

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Birmingham City - prediction, team news, lineups

Fulham square off against Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday afternoon having ended their two-match losing streak with victory over Queens Park Rangers.

Although they remain clear of the relegation zone, Blues head into the game at Craven Cottage on a nine-match winless run in all competitions.

Match preview
On the back of defeats to Brentford and Leeds United, Fulham went from having outside hopes of claiming a spot in the top two to needing to defend their position in the playoffs.

However, those concerns have now been eased to a certain degree after an impressive comeback victory over Queens Park Rangers in midweek, establishing a seven-point advantage over seventh-placed Derby County.

Facing the same gap to West Bromwich Albion, occupants of the second automatic promotion spot, Scott Parker will now be focused on ensuring that the Cottagers remain in contention for the playoffs at a time when the teams below them are putting together consistent run of forms.

Although the absence of Aleksandar Mitrovic through suspension is a blow, it may force the rest of the Fulham squad to take on more responsibility in the final third rather than relying on a player who has netted 15 goals more than anyone else.

Providing that they can continue to get points on the board over the next two games, Parker may feel that it will prove to be a blessing in disguise with regards to the development of his talented squad.

Heading into the resumption, Birmingham felt at ease to acknowledge that Pep Clotet would be departing the club at the end of the campaign in order to pursue other opportunities.

However, collecting just two points from three matches has left Blues yet to move themselves away from a relegation battle, with just seven points separating the club from 22nd-placed Hull City.

Other teams below them would also have to improve in order to bring the West Midlands outfit back into the equation, but that remains a possibility as long as Clotet's side continue along a winless streak which has now stretched to eight matches.

At a time when the goals have dried up for Lukas Jutkiewicz and Scott Hogan, Birmingham have conceded six goals at home to Hull and Huddersfield Town, something which will naturally concern Clotet heading into Saturday's fixture.

Fulham Championship form: WWDLLW

Birmingham City Championship form: DDLDDL

Team News
Mitrovic will serve the second of his three-match ban, which should lead to Bobby Cordova-Reid taking his place in attack.

With Neeskens Kebano also suspended, it may lead Parker to select an unchanged starting lineup.

However, opposite number Clotet will likely make several changes, including handing recalls to Marc Roberts and Ivan Sunjic.

The Spaniard may opt to switch to five in midfield, resulting in Scott Hogan dropping to the substitutes' bench.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Odoi; Reed, Arter; Knockaert, Cairney, Cavaleiro; Decordova-Reid

Birmingham City possible starting lineup:
Camp; Colin, Roberts, Clarke-Salter, Pedersen; Crowley, Bellingham, Gardner, Sunjic, Bela; Jutkiewicz

We say: Fulham 2-0 Birmingham City

With Fulham having gotten back on track in midweek, that should act as the springboard for an improved run going forward. With out-of-form Birmingham ideal opponents at this stage, we expect the Cottagers to enjoy a comfortable afternoon.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-birmingham-city-prediction-team-news-lineups_404702.html

WhiteJC

I spoke to Dembele before choosing Fulham, reveals ex-PSG youngster Larkeche

The teenage defender sought the advice of his fellow Frenchman, who made the same journey to London eight years ago

Ziyad Larkeche has revealed he spoke for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele about his time at Fulham before joining the Cottagers from Paris Saint-Germain.

The 17-year-old was released by French champions to sign for the Championship club, where he will initially link up with their U23 side next season.

It is exactly the same move made by Dembele as a 16-year-old back in 2012, with the forward later moving on to Celtic and now Lyon.

Larkeche says he spoke to the now 23-year-old about his early career, a conversation which helped him decide to sign for the Cottagers.

"It's true that I spoke with Moussa," Larkeche told Goal. "He called me. It was an afternoon. I was at home watching TV.

"He said 'do you know who I am?' I said yes because I knew he was going to call me. We talked for 30 minutes about PSG, Fulham, and more generally English football.

"Like me, he comes from PSG. And even if we don't play at the same position, I asked him for lots of advice. He spoke with my father. The chat was very enriching, constructive, and I can only thank him for that."

Larkeche is rumoured to have turned down a number of offers from across Europe to sign for Fulham, a decision which may surprise some given the London club is currently in England's second tier. But the defender is confident he has made the best decision for the good of his career.

"I have been approached by English, Italian, Spanish, French and Belgian clubs. But I finally opted for Fulham," he added. "English football is forward thinking, where there is a high intensity and it matches my qualities. I like to give intensity in my offensive runs. I like to do it also defensively when necessary.

"Fulham is an historic club of London with great ambitions, values and a state of mind that suits me. I'm convinced that I'll thrive in this club.

"My goal is to join the first team as soon as possible, and I will work hard as usual. Fulham showed me that they wanted me."

Larkeche also revealed his disappointment at not being offered a contract to stay at PSG, but says he is now focused on the challenge ahead of him in England.

"My family and I were surprised [not to be offered a contract]," he said. "I have been playing at PSG since I was nine and a half.

"Camp des Loges [PSG' training ground], I know it perfectly. Everyone knows me or my parents.

"It's a page that turns. I misunderstood at first, but I accept the decision and I won't forget the years spent at Paris Saint-Germain. Now I'm focused on the future. It's time for me to take a new step."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-spoke-to-dembele-before-choosing-fulham-reveals-ex-psg/1lr62mwuz46rg1gkarmaooj1b4

filham

With the Cardiff game brought forward to a Friday night we now face four games in eight days starting with Birmingham tomorrow and then three teams in the top six.
A very tough programme and Parker will surely need to make good use of subs in these matches to avoid tiredness.
Also worrying that we have two key strikers, Mitro and Kamara together with two centre backs Kongolo and Mawson unavailable.

Bill2

Quote from: whitejc on July 03, 2020, 12:03:58 AM
Preview: Fulham vs. Birmingham City - prediction, team news, lineups

Fulham square off against Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday afternoon having ended their two-match losing streak with victory over Queens Park Rangers.

Although they remain clear of the relegation zone, Blues head into the game at Craven Cottage on a nine-match winless run in all competitions.

Match preview
On the back of defeats to Brentford and Leeds United, Fulham went from having outside hopes of claiming a spot in the top two to needing to defend their position in the playoffs.

However, those concerns have now been eased to a certain degree after an impressive comeback victory over Queens Park Rangers in midweek, establishing a seven-point advantage over seventh-placed Derby County.

Facing the same gap to West Bromwich Albion, occupants of the second automatic promotion spot, Scott Parker will now be focused on ensuring that the Cottagers remain in contention for the playoffs at a time when the teams below them are putting together consistent run of forms.

Although the absence of Aleksandar Mitrovic through suspension is a blow, it may force the rest of the Fulham squad to take on more responsibility in the final third rather than relying on a player who has netted 15 goals more than anyone else.

Providing that they can continue to get points on the board over the next two games, Parker may feel that it will prove to be a blessing in disguise with regards to the development of his talented squad.

Heading into the resumption, Birmingham felt at ease to acknowledge that Pep Clotet would be departing the club at the end of the campaign in order to pursue other opportunities.

However, collecting just two points from three matches has left Blues yet to move themselves away from a relegation battle, with just seven points separating the club from 22nd-placed Hull City.

Other teams below them would also have to improve in order to bring the West Midlands outfit back into the equation, but that remains a possibility as long as Clotet's side continue along a winless streak which has now stretched to eight matches.

At a time when the goals have dried up for Lukas Jutkiewicz and Scott Hogan, Birmingham have conceded six goals at home to Hull and Huddersfield Town, something which will naturally concern Clotet heading into Saturday's fixture.

Fulham Championship form: WWDLLW

Birmingham City Championship form: DDLDDL

Team News
Mitrovic will serve the second of his three-match ban, which should lead to Bobby Cordova-Reid taking his place in attack.

With Neeskens Kebano also suspended, it may lead Parker to select an unchanged starting lineup.

However, opposite number Clotet will likely make several changes, including handing recalls to Marc Roberts and Ivan Sunjic.

The Spaniard may opt to switch to five in midfield, resulting in Scott Hogan dropping to the substitutes' bench.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Odoi; Reed, Arter; Knockaert, Cairney, Cavaleiro; Decordova-Reid

Birmingham City possible starting lineup:
Camp; Colin, Roberts, Clarke-Salter, Pedersen; Crowley, Bellingham, Gardner, Sunjic, Bela; Jutkiewicz

We say: Fulham 2-0 Birmingham City

With Fulham having gotten back on track in midweek, that should act as the springboard for an improved run going forward. With out-of-form Birmingham ideal opponents at this stage, we expect the Cottagers to enjoy a comfortable afternoon.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-birmingham-city-prediction-team-news-lineups_404702.html
Kebano is not suspended. He would have only got a one game ban for two yellows.