https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lyle Taylor

Started by Molesey white, July 02, 2020, 12:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molesey white

I see he is available ??

bog

Is he the one who refused to play on for Charlton in case he got injured so thus jeopardizing a transfer?

092.gif   

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on July 02, 2020, 01:10:07 PM
Is he the one who refused to play on for Charlton in case he got injured so thus jeopardizing a transfer?

092.gif   

Yes Captain, another McComack, Grabban type.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 02, 2020, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: bog on July 02, 2020, 01:10:07 PM

092.gif   

Yes Captain, another McComack, Grabban type.

No thanks, do it with them, do it with us. Thank you and good night.

092.gif 

H4usuallysitting

If we're in the championship next season, I'd take him.... But, you're right...he also walked away from AFC Wimbledon

FPT

To be fair to Lyle, he's had to work his way up from the bottom (released from Millwall, his first club was Concord Rangers). This is his last opportunity for a big move and earn some money, his next move could secure his and his family's financial future. We'd all do the same.

He'd be a decent back up to Mitro, sure.

Jeroen

If we stay in the champ we will loose Mitro, he would be a good replacement in the champ  - we can than use the millions of Mitro to strengthen other areas like our defence

FulhamStu

Yes, he is 30 I think, so for a few years would be a good squad player and would not cost much.  Give him a 20k a week 3 years deal, sets him up for life and is a free transfer.

FPT

Quote from: Jeroen on July 03, 2020, 08:29:46 AM
If we stay in the champ we will loose Mitro, he would be a good replacement in the champ  - we can than use the millions of Mitro to strengthen other areas like our defence

Bold strategy. Mitro's provided 43% of our goals this season and the others don't even look like scoring. I'm not sure 11 goal Lyle Taylor (4 pens in there too) is a 'replacement' really.

Whitestone

Quote from: FPT on July 03, 2020, 08:58:55 AM

Bold strategy. Mitro's provided 43% of our goals this season and the others don't even look like scoring. I'm not sure 11 goal Lyle Taylor (4 pens in there too) is a 'replacement' really.

That's not a bad return for only 22 appearance though is it ?

FPT

Quote from: Whitestone on July 03, 2020, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: FPT on July 03, 2020, 08:58:55 AM

That's not a bad return for only 22 appearance though is it ?

I feel like his numbers are a little padded out with goals from the penalty spot and then largely against the sides around Charlton. Lyle Taylor could do a job but (and I accept this may age badly), to put your faith in him to score you to promotion from the Championship is lacking ambition and I think you'll underwhelm.  Charlton are set up to be highly efficient and I think he benefits vastly from that.

I would only be disappointed if we went Lyle as our Mitro replacement, and did it in the same manner our current squad is, i.e, Mitro is all we need at the centre forward spot. If we got Taylor, I'd want possibly two more forwards like WBA with Robson-Kanu, Austin and Zohore.