Main Menu

Summer Signing #1

Started by Deeping_white, July 02, 2020, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/02/ziyad-announcement

Ziyad Larkeche Signs For Fulham
Thursday 2 July 2020 15:30
The Club is delighted to have fought off significant competition from some of Europe's biggest clubs for the signing of Paris Saint-Germain left-back Ziyad Larkeche on a free transfer.

The 17-year-old French international became the youngest player in PSG history to play in the UEFA Youth League under the management of Thiago Motta.

Larkeche featured for the PSG Under-19s and helped his side through to the quarter-finals of the Coupe Gambardella, with a goal in a 5-1 win over Lyon.

He has been brought in to join up with Mark Pembridge and Colin Omogbehin's Under-23s side next season.

Fulham have already successfully developed young players from PSG's Academy, with Moussa Dembélé making the same move in the Summer of 2012.

On his switch to Fulham, Ziyad said: "I am over the moon with this move. Joining a traditional and historic club like Fulham is a dream come true.

"From the first sight, the club really convinced me that it was the best option for me so I look forward to giving my best for the team.

"I would like to thank the club and my agents, Gold Kick, for this massive opportunity."

Academy Director, Huw Jennings added: "We're absolutely delighted for Ziyad to be joining us. We've been looking out for a talented attacking minded left-back and feel this signing is a major coup.

"He will initially compete in our Under-23 team and hopefully he can move forward from there."

Mince n Tatties

I should think he good enough to go straight in at left back next season,from what I've read about him.😣

davew

Is he eligible to play for us straight away?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

The way things go with our youth players, he will be the next target for Man City or Spurs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on July 02, 2020, 04:43:39 PM
The way things go with our youth players, he will be the next target for Man City or Spurs.
the way things are going, they would probably get more game time there too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

And welcome young Ziyad. Looking forward to seeing him play for us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2020, 04:14:04 PM
I should think he good enough to go straight in at left back next season,from what I've read about him.😣

The club must rate him quite highly if they're planning on putting him straight into the U23's when he's only 17

Penfold

Quote from: grandad on July 02, 2020, 04:43:39 PM

On a three year deal so if one of them does get interested, we should get a fee!

Ronnief

Surely Kieron Bowie from Raith Rovers was our first summer signing as a pre contract agreement was made in January.
He is another 17 year old who will obviously go into the under 23s. Anyone know what will happen with Crossdale-Taylor or Abraham?

FPT

He'll start for the U23s straight away (largely because we don't have a left back). Could be Drameh and Ziyad at full backs, look for a loan for Fossey.

filham

Good to hear that we are signing these two young players but I suspect it will be a while before they get a 1st team chance.