watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan to WBA.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 02, 2020, 04:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Any truth in this or or just rumours on the gossip pages,and on 5 live.

fulhamben

Would anyone care if he did go, hardly been a massive hit. I kinda wish that Bruce had of caught up with him on the m40
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

The rumour is 5 million? I would think we could potentially get more than that for Joe. Especially if WBA get promoted, we should be looking at double that.

Whilst I don't think he should be playing LB for us, he is not a bad player per se. And, in the right system (possibly as a LWB in a back 5), could be a very good player indeed.

70sPimlico

We ask him to push and then give him no support. When he does push, the movement around him is mostly focused on supplying Mitro. I think he has the potential to be a really good player, def premiership standard and it pains me to say it, under current set up, he should go for his own career.

Seems a really great chap. I can only assume the standing off players is under instruction, i.e rather a cross comes in than you get beaten down the line.

I'm a little flat by the whole season. Hoping we get some sort of spark in these last few games. We need AK47 and I can't believe I'm saying that

Jims Dentist

WBA currently have Kieran Gibbs at LB

filham

A wild rumour no doubt but I think Parker should now continue with playing Odoi at left back until the end of the season and by  second half substitution in the next few games try to find a more attacking role for Bryan.

F.luke

Does he need a lift. Lazy and only good when we're winning

alfie

Quote from: F.luke on July 02, 2020, 06:42:56 PM
The one thing he is not is lazy
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Matt10

He leads the team in assists. Why would we want to get rid of him?

Played a pretty big part here too:

Twig

Joe Bryan lazy? I sometimes wonder what planet some people are on. Any opportunity to take a pop at our players (even though they are apparently the best squad in the division). Unbelievable from so called "Supporters".

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2020, 04:46:58 PM
Would anyone care if he did go, hardly been a massive hit. I kinda wish that Bruce had of caught up with him on the m40

Leads the team in assists, our best crosser of the ball, but no hardly a massive hit. Of course I'd care if one of our better players left.

AnOldBrownie

I like Joe.   I'd keep him if we played him further forward and we had an actual left back to cover for him.  (Antonee Robinson)

I think the currently as constructed need a better LCB and a better starting LB.   Then I'd have Joe as the LW and Ivan as our RW.

But Joe was signed to be our LB, so if he can't do that job (which I don't think he can) I'm ok with selling him for someone who is better at defending...(on the ball defender, recovery speed, can play the ball in the air pretty well).

From watching Joe for two years, he's a better winger than he is a defender.

Wingnut

I'd hold on to him for the moment. Strong on the assists front and an XI player for us if we are in the Championship again next season. We'd have to go out and buy a LB if he leaves. A RB and another striker to help Mitro out on the goals front have to be our primary targets in the next transfer window.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2020, 07:17:34 PM

Leads the team in assists, our best crosser of the ball, but no hardly a massive hit. Of course I'd care if one of our better players left.
thats great, but he is a defender and I care more about what he does at the back than what he does going forwards. And let's be honest its not that hard to be the best crosser ( although I'd say ak was better) when your midfielders are always inverted. And Parker obviously doesn't rate him as high as you do as he was dropped for the qpr game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2020, 07:46:17 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2020, 07:17:34 PM

thats great, but he is a defender and I care more about what he does at the back than what he does going forwards. And let's be honest its not that hard to be the best crosser ( although I'd say ak was better) when your midfielders are always inverted. And Parker obviously doesn't rate him as high as you do as he was dropped for the qpr game

Parker put Knockaert on the left vs QPR because Odoi was in as a right footed LB. We need the chance of crosses from the left side of the pitch, which is why Cairney also doubled up on that side to send crosses in. It's just different strategy without Mitro, I wouldn't say it's about being in or out of favor.

Also, you should care about what he's done going forward. In an inverted winger system we need wingbacks like Bryan to stay wide, while our RB, such as Christie vs QPR, to stay more central. Crossing the ball with as much whip and angle that Bryan does is a highly valued trait that managers seek. This is why a lot of wingers have been converted to fullbacks in the modern game.

bobby01

I think Bryan is a good player but like many of the others he has had a disappointing season. Personally I believe the system we play does not suit so many players in the squad. But all we do is go over the same ground but nothing really changes, but lazy, I don't know how that can be levelled at him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnOldBrownie

Joe is actually having a great STATISTICAL season.  I seriously like what he provides us in the attack.

It's hurting him defensively.   Actually, having Tim as the LCB is also hurting him.   

davew

Quote from: Twig on July 02, 2020, 07:15:47 PM

Joe Bryan lazy? I sometimes wonder what planet some people are on. Any opportunity to take a pop at our players (even though they are apparently the best squad in the division). Unbelievable from so called "Supporters".
+1 Twig
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

He is worth £10m as a left winger and/or left back.

Carborundum

Like him, hope we keep him.

Any analysis of who plays on which side with which natural foot in order to get crosses in wouldn't be complete without the observation that against QPR and for the next two games there's no-one very likely to get their head on it.