watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer signing number 2

Started by fulhamben, July 02, 2020, 05:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

The Club is pleased to confirm the arrival of February signing Kieron Bowie from Raith Rovers.

The 17-year-old striker joins Fulham after continuing to further his development with the Scottish League One side for the remainder of the season.

A local Kirkcaldy boy who used to attend Raith Rovers matches with his grandfather, Bowie became a regular for Rovers last season, helping them to the top of League One and has amassed a total of ten goals and five assists in all competitions.

Upon signing his pre-contract with the club, Bowie expressed his delight at signing with Fulham and paid tribute to the support Raith have given him.

"The last year or so has been a whirlwind and dream to play and score in the first team. To now get the chance to join a club the size of Fulham is really exciting and a great opportunity to help progress my career.

I will be forever grateful for the chance the management team have given me, so it was really important for me to finish the season with Raith. I'm looking forward to joining Fulham and getting started."

Academy Director, Huw Jennings added: "We are delighted that Kieron has joined Fulham. We were aware that a significant number of clubs were tracking him, and we moved very quickly to secure his services.

"Kieron is an exciting prospect, he is a commanding central striker for his age, he has an eye for goal and knows how to lead the line. He has an excellent temperament and is ideally suited to the Fulham way.

"We are indebted to Raith Rovers for their support in enabling Kieron and his family to visit our Motspur Park training ground to help confirm the deal.

Raith Rovers manager John McGlynn shared his sentiment at working with the striker and highlighted the 'right fit' Fulham can provide.

"Everyone at Raith Rovers FC are delighted for Kieron who has agreed to join Fulham FC on 1st July. It has been a pleasure working and seeing Kieron develop so quickly, he has improved beyond all recognition in the last 12 months.

"We feel it's a great opportunity for Kieron to join a club such as Fulham who have a great history and think it will be a good fit for him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

Were we linked with him a while back? The name seems to ring a bell.

Hope he turns out to be a Starman and not a Rebel Rebel...

(don't worry, I've already collected my coat and am heading for the door...)

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 02, 2020, 05:15:28 PM

yes the article says the deal was arranged earlier in the season. But couldn't go through till July the first

Ronnief

See my comment in Summer signing No 1

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2020, 05:16:51 PM

yes the article says the deal was arranged earlier in the season. But couldn't go through till July the first

Cool. That will teach me to read the first line and reply...!

Mince n Tatties

Kenny Dalgleish mark2 been said about him,if he half as good he'll be OK.

Enfield

You won't get a chance here.

FPT

I thought this had already been done in Jan, he was just on loan back to Raith Rovers. Either way, it's interesting because we now have a bit of a crowd in the U23s striking positions. Martell Taylor-Crossdale may be loaned by there's also Cameron Thompson and Jay Stansfield, whilst Timmy Abraham returns from his loan at Bristol Rovers (though he may be sent out again of course) but also I think Tiehi and Ablade of the U18s graduate to the 23s as well.

Though importantly, we haven't seen our released and retained list yet.

alfie

Quote from: Enfield on July 02, 2020, 05:49:42 PM
Why do keep insisting we rush 17 yr olds, we were lucky with Sess.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dgnffc

Looking forward to him and Stansfield playing together

Twig

Quote from: Enfield on July 02, 2020, 05:49:42 PM

Oh dear more doom and gloom. How about, welcome Kieron.

The Cravenette

I believe he is known as Ziggy. Cant think why.....?

Penfold

Quote from: FPT on July 02, 2020, 05:50:43 PM
I thought this had already been done in Jan, he was just on loan back to Raith Rovers. Either way, it's interesting because we now have a bit of a crowd in the U23s striking positions. Martell Taylor-Crossdale may be loaned by there's also Cameron Thompson and Jay Stansfield, whilst Timmy Abraham returns from his loan at Bristol Rovers (though he may be sent out again of course) but also I think Tiehi and Ablade of the U18s graduate to the 23s as well.

Though importantly, we haven't seen our released and retained list yet.

My understanding was that the deal was done earlier in the season with the transfer to go through on 1 July, that way, he would get first team football at Stark's Park up to the end of the season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2020, 05:39:08 PM

If he's a 17yo Kenny Dalgleish mark2, then Mitrović is not even close to the best striker in the championship.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2020, 10:18:04 PM

If he's a 17yo Kenny Dalgleish mark2, then Mitrović is not even close to the best striker in the championship.
man we've had some great players in the last  two decades, we had the American beckham, the new Patrick klyuvert and now the second coming of dalgliesh. Just hope he plays at some point and bags a few goals.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2020, 10:50:32 PM

man we've had some great players in the last  two decades, we had the American beckham, the new Patrick klyuvert and now the second coming of dalgliesh. Just hope he plays at some point and bags a few goals.

I was privileged to see Kenny Dalgleish play at the cottage once against Brown and Gale, very privileged.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2020, 10:50:32 PM

The American Beckham, yes another who hit a brick wall..😁