watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain Tom Cairney!

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 03, 2020, 02:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Signed in 2015 and 200 appearances with some sublime goal scoring (check the video on the Offal, it'll warm your heart). What a Fulham man! 049:gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Bump.

I know we're a sorry, sad lot right now with people in all sorts of moods over our current predicament ... but can we all please show TC the respect he deserves as a steward of FFC? 200 appearances is no small feat!

What's your fondest memory of TC? I think Wembley takes the cake, but my lord I've never see a *bad* Tom Cairney goal. What a wonderful left peg he has.

SP

:plus one: quite right, well done TC.

Sgt Fulham

Nothing but love for TC. My favourite Fulham player from the Chamlionship era. Who will forget that goal against Leeds (or the other one), that volley against Wolves, or the almost casual curler against Newcastle. Ain't nobody...

Statto

Deserves more credit that he's getting.

He's consistently been at least among our top 3 players, and for large periods our best player, for 4-5 years now, and none of the others in that bracket has been here as long or played as consistently well.

Numerous great goals as Sgt Fulham says. Captain of a promotion team and scorer of the winner at Wembley.

I've also warmed to his style of captaincy. Mr reliable. Focuses on fitness, football and his family.

Approaching 'legend' status IMO (or whatever status it is that we give to the likes of Brian McBride, Sean Davis, Simon Morgan, Danny Murphy et al who aren't at the Haynes/Cohen level but only one step down)

filham

Great respect for Tom and his loyalty and service to Fulham. No doubts about his skills and a sweet left peg that has scored may memorable goals.
Just feel he is a little below his own standard this season and in need of one or two more of those great goals.

Motspur Park

I am a big fan of Tom and feel that when Tom is anonymous, Fulham have a poor game. Lately, far too often, Tom has had too little involvement in the game. In past seasons, teams have doubled up on him to make him less effective but now he needs to demand the ball more and make more of an impact.

grandad

We would get the best again from him if he played further upfield behind a front 2 where he can thread balls through or to pass it to our non inverted wingers.. If he plays in the centre circle he will continue to be swamped.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Simply91

Not only has he delivered for us on multiple occasions (most notably Wembley which is obviously a day that will stay in the hearts of All Fulham Fans) but he has demonstrated great loyalty to our club.

We are lucky to have him.

MikeTheCubed

Had a much improved game today which was more reminiscent of the displays we're used to seeing. Was surprised however that after Onomah scored the goal everyone but Cairney ran over to him to celebrate, which seems unusual for a captain. That said Cairney did appear to be hobbling somewhat.

Andy S

You have to give credit to opponents that mark him out of the game or don't let him get the ball where he can do some damage

Matt10

He has been all over the pitch. Versus QPR we simply attacked their left side for about 30 minutes, led by Tom. I said it earlier, it's not wonder he as cramping up towards the end, but he still pushed through - and it was again through him that we maintained possession and was able to build the attack which [finally] led to the goal. Legend status already for me.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 11:17:45 PM
Had a much improved game today which was more reminiscent of the displays we're used to seeing. Was surprised however that after Onomah scored the goal everyone but Cairney ran over to him to celebrate, which seems unusual for a captain. That said Cairney did appear to be hobbling somewhat.

Tom did take a knock and was hobbling about... at the end he jogs over to Onomah - I do feel he was in a little pain though.

colinwhite

Excellent performance against Birmingham . Mom for me and the classiest player on the pitch.

Bill2

Was holding back of his leg at the end of the game yesterday and looked like he had an ice pack on it as left the pitch. Hopefully nothing serious and he will be fit for Tuesday.