watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Marshall

Started by ALG01, July 03, 2020, 02:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I was just thinking he doesn't get enough mentions on here. We all lover earl, Barrett, conway, Mullery Gale, Ivor but Marshall was every but as a much a club man that gave his all for the team and was, in my opinion, a very good player at that time and could possibly have played at a higher level.

This comment has come about for no other reason than his name popped into my mind.

filham

Yes, a very good and loyal player. In his early days had real pace but at some stage , probably following an injury, seemed to lose just a little of that pace which made a difference. He certainly clocked up a lot of appearances for us.

South Coast White

Another favourite to many fans was Viv Busby, stayed with us for a few seasons scored 38goals during his time with us.

thebumponleroyshead

Loved a bit of Masher, was with us through the hell of the early nineties. Top lad. Thighs the size of Cathedral buttresses.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Lighthouse

Marshal was one of my favourite players although I made the mistake of mentioning it on here once and was immediately met with abuse and criticism. But He was a real utility player which may well have meant that while his appearances went up,  opinions about him never reached the heights of players who dominated one position.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on July 03, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
I was just thinking he doesn't get enough mentions on here. We all lover earl, Barrett, conway, Mullery Gale, Ivor but Marshall was every but as a much a club man that gave his all for the team and was, in my opinion, a very good player at that time and could possibly have played at a higher level.

This comment has come about for no other reason than his name popped into my mind.
He was my favourite player ( well after Bobby Moore), and I don't really know why.
I remember at Brighton whe 12 or so of our supporters were giving some abuse, I just liked the way he just ignored it. Mind you the bunch were only kids 16/17 yrs, they soon got shut up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jarv

what dose he do now? Or, what after playing days?

Whitestone

Good shout. As you say rarely mentioned and one of my favourite players back then.

Head of recruitment at Wolves !

BarneyTravers

Right up there in terms of appearances...won a competition back in 86 courtesy of Deben Builders Merchants in Chessington..prize was a Fulham season ticket...John Marshall and Peter Scott came down to the premises and presented me with my award...gave the prize to my mate as my son was 2 and had to look after him when the wife worked on Saturdays...both PS and JM were nice fella's.

COYW