watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Always knew Parker was the worst, I mean, greatest

Started by domprague, July 04, 2020, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

Two defeats in a row and Parket's useless. Now it is wins in a row, including one against our biggest rivals. Do we still think Parker is clueless and gets nothing out of the players? And do we wonder why players and managers generally ignore the opinions of fans?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Statto

I think the team is underachieving significantly, and uless we make the top 2 (which we won't) I'll still think that.

But just looking at today, you can't really knock a clean sheet and a win. Or if you want to look at the performance rather than the result, fine but then you have to acknowledge that we outplayed Leeds for 45 mins and Brentford for 80 mins despite losing to both by fairly comprehensive scorelines.

Also IMO it shows the one thing Parker is actually very good at, which is grinding 1-0 wins out of bang average performances.

Tempest

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but its Parkers career is on the line not mine, if we get promoted, however that may be, this would be on his CV, it wouldn't mention turgid football but that isn't what matters to Chairmen.

I think, with experience,  Parker will be a well rounded manager in the PL but at the moment,  he needs to relax, let the players relax and play to their strengths. 

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

ChesterTheTabby

Parker has his dead set enemies on this forum - he could win us the title and it's never enough. He's my clubs manager until he isn't, and I will continue to support him and the boys through thick and thin because what other choice do we have? Capitulation? Ruin? Won't stand for it. He's got us in a great position in the toughest league in England. Well done Scott.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

domprague

Quote from: Luka on July 04, 2020, 05:24:29 PM
I do and they don't.

Which managers and players take fans' opinions into account? Or treat fans as if they know what they are talking about?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Mince n Tatties

Apparently he's sacked and Pinocchio ex Spuds is coming in,well so this guy told me walking through Bishops Park after game...😁

Luka

Quote from: domprague on July 04, 2020, 05:41:12 PM
Quote from: Luka on July 04, 2020, 05:24:29 PM
I do and they don't.

Which managers and players take fans' opinions into account? Or treat fans as if they know what they are talking about?

I have a number of close friends that are and were professional and elite sportsmen including footballers, rugby players and athletes.
They read, they listen and it matters to them that they are loved.

Actually maybe not the GB 400m runner. Athletes are so self focused they don't care about anyone's opinions other than their coach.

Arthur

Quote from: domprague on July 04, 2020, 05:41:12 PM

Very few, I guess. But that goes for the successful managers as well as the unsuccessful ones.