https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Headless

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 04, 2020, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Luka on July 04, 2020, 05:18:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 04, 2020, 05:07:20 PM
oops we scored, and it was a well worked goal, sorry doom mongers everything comes to he who waits.
You will have to wait until Tuesday to moan again.

Win, draw or loose it's the manner in which we do it that matters.
That dull and turgid  performance sums up the Parker brand and I for one don't want to buy it anymore.
We looked absolute dog sh#t this afternoon and lucky for Parker they were even worse.

Well against Brentford we looked decent for most of the game but got turned over in the dying minutes. So can I assume you were happy with that game because, like today, you focused on the performance rather than the result?

filham

Quote from: ron on July 04, 2020, 04:07:37 PM
It was varied though....we managed to squeeze in a defensive horror show in the first ten minutes...
We should have been three down after ten minutes, I bet Forrest will not miss the sort of chances we gave away at the start of this match.

joef

Same old same old. It's a team with the handbrake on for 80 minutes at which point they go looking for a goal either as a leveller or winner. Why not start a game that way.

Plodder

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 04, 2020, 05:12:31 PM
oops we scored, and it was a well worked goal, sorry doom mongers everything comes to he who waits.

You genuinely don't believe there's anything anyone can moan about after that performance? It was absolutely turgid, Parker has been bailed out again

"Bailed out" by winning games ?

Hatch007

That dull and turgid  performance sums up the Parker brand and I for one don't want to buy it anymore.
We looked absolute dog sh#t this afternoon and lucky for Parker they were even worse.

[/quote]

Well against Brentford we looked decent for most of the game but got turned over in the dying minutes. So can I assume you were happy with that game because, like today, you focused on the performance rather than the result?
[/quote]

I agree with Statto.

"Win, draw or loose it's the manner in which we do it that matters." So on that summation you'd accept us losing provided we played an attractive brand of football. I find that very strange.

Luka

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2020, 05:22:44 PM
Quote from: Luka on July 04, 2020, 05:18:11 PM

No.

SuffolkWhite

I thought second half we were much better with tempo and passing and deserved the win. Yes I would like us to start a game how we finished today.

Onwards and upwards.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

H4usuallysitting

2nd half.... 400% better with 4 shots on target.....yep, got the result - but so bored.....

Whitesideup

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 04, 2020, 06:13:54 PM
2nd half.... 400% better with 4 shots on target.....yep, got the result - but so bored.....
Let's not forget it takes 2 to tango. Sure we weren't at our best and there is a real issue with our style which often produces little in the final third. And yes, we really struggled to break down a team hell-bent on 0-0. B'ham's 2nd half performance in particular was about as negative as it could get, and to be fair, their spoiling game in general was quite effective. But God it's dull. I am surprised they gave us so much respect, but finally they got what they deserved... nothing. 

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 04, 2020, 06:23:22 PM
Let's not forget it takes 2 to tango. Sure we weren't at our best and there is a real issue with our style which often produces little in the final third. And yes, we really struggled to break down a team hell-bent on 0-0. B'ham's 2nd half performance in particular was about as negative as it could get, and to be fair, their spoiling game in general was quite effective. But God it's dull. I am surprised they gave us so much respect, but finally they got what they deserved... nothing. 

Surely, after the first 10 minute's of the first half, we should of realized that Birmingham weren't here for a win....and changed our tactics to accommodate them.....all I could see was thirty sideway passes & a team that looked like they didn't know each other

alfie

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 04, 2020, 07:24:41 PM

Surely, after the first 10 minute's of the first half, we should of realized that Birmingham weren't here for a win....and changed our tactics to accommodate them.....all I could see was thirty sideway passes & a team that looked like they didn't know each other
Explain what should have happened, what "tactics" would you employ against an 11 man defence.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: alfie on July 04, 2020, 08:29:20 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 04, 2020, 07:24:41 PM

Explain what should have happened, what "tactics" would you employ against an 11 man defence.

So, we're in agreement.....thought i was going mad