more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 04, 2020, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 05, 2020, 04:15:31 PM
He's looked slightly off the pace since the comeback. Quite heavy footed at times, positioning slightly off which causes planting of the feet too. Sure it's just a matter of blowing off the cobwebs.

Cobwebs?  We've had four games now since restart.  Just how much cobwebbing is required?

:)

The Rock

Quote from: grandad on July 05, 2020, 12:46:11 PM
The problem is he has to not only do his job but to keep an eye on what Ream is up to. Hector really needs a commanding CB to partner him.

Agreed. If you had two capable CB's or even 4 defensive players of his quality one might call it promotion or PL standard. He has to babysit at the moment. He's not even that impressive, just commanding enough for what we need. This lack of recruitment of defenders as we know has been the weakest link all season.

Besides Ream, the sniper got Odoi about 3 times against Birmingham; shot cold blooded and fell to the pitch, lifeless, at the feet of the looming winger.

The Rock

I didn't even catch he was playing RB vs. CB which only adds to the credibility of my statement above.

filham

The whole back four were just getting it together before Lockdown but since coming back have failed to put things together and certainly Hector has suffered loss of reliability. Parker now has big problems both in attack and defense and matches and matches are coming too quickly too providetime for corrective action on the training ground.

General

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 05, 2020, 11:44:31 AM
Not just one bad pass - got skinned by their forwards quite a few times in the first half

Our defence as a whole has been all over the place since we restated the season - Hector and Ream have often been dragged out of position to cover for the full backs who had bombed up front and have been caught out.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rock on July 06, 2020, 03:59:00 PM
I didn't even catch he was playing RB vs. CB which only adds to the credibility of my statement above.

He was obviously not playing RB, where on earth are people getting this from? He has been playing right sided centre back every game for us. This in my book rather detracts heavily from any statements because of the obvious lack of attention.

Other than that, interesting that any bad plays from Hector is seemingly because the other players are bad and has nothing to do with him. A little bit strange though that these are the same player he played with when he looked great earlier on.

Matt10

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 06, 2020, 07:03:05 PM
Quote from: The Rock on July 06, 2020, 03:59:00 PM

He was obviously not playing RB, where on earth are people getting this from? He has been playing right sided centre back every game for us. This in my book rather detracts heavily from any statements because of the obvious lack of attention.

Other than that, interesting that any bad plays from Hector is seemingly because the other players are bad and has nothing to do with him. A little bit strange though that these are the same player he played with when he looked great earlier on.

I was going to say the same thing, but just didn't feel like getting into it. We play an attacking fullback system that means the CBs cover the width of the pitch. In addition, Ream has more license to go forward, leaving Hector alone essentially. Ream can play short passes, Hector can play long ones. Similar to when SSess plays, Christie has license to roam on the right hand side, whether it means towards the sideline or tucking in centrally like another CDM.

I have yet to see Hector needing to cover for Ream, and have yet to see Ream needing to cover for Hector.

The Rock

I also was certain he was playing RCB which was confusing. I still think he's the strongest of the weakest links, that being our defence.

Actually, Christie's display and goal against QPR was solid. And again, Ream and/or Rodak's nap time in the first minunte was not.