watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 04, 2020, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Been very poor since return from lock down. Was a real liability today in the first half

alfie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 04, 2020, 05:16:14 PM
Been very poor since return from lock down. Was a real liability today in the first half

Another one gone from our defensive saviour to liability?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bill2

He nearly cost us a goal in the first few minutes but then picked up. His distribution of the ball is probable the best amongst our back four, especially when pinging it down our left.

fulhamben

Quote from: Bill2 on July 04, 2020, 05:22:41 PM
He nearly cost us a goal in the first few minutes but then picked up. His distribution of the ball is probable the best amongst our back four, especially when pinging it down our left.
yep agree with this, it seems it takes us ten minuets to get going nowadays. Think he also played one suicidal ball across the back, but other than that, was pretty solid. Cut out a lot of the long balls too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Looked nervy early on, but definitely  showed his  worth as the game went on.

Good sign that he didn't let an early rushed, unlighted backpass, under pressure, that nearly led to a conceded goal , affect his confidence.

colinwhite

and bobby reids useless,but he made the goal. Football is full of nuances.

Slaphead in Qatar

Not just one bad pass - got skinned by their forwards quite a few times in the first half

rebel

Getting into the 'Zone' seems to be a big issue, stumbling into matches rather then 'mindset' on the game from the off. Maybe the 'Adrenalin' that a crowd brings isn't there from the off, some are still trying to get use to it.

The Swan

I posted following the Rangers game that I thought he was playing out of position. He should be our main central defender and not playing to the left or right of the middle. He has been skinned by tricky wide men.
He must play as our main central defender.
The Swan

The Swan

I hope that Parker plays him as our main central defender, and not to the right or to the left.
The Swan

grandad

The problem is he has to not only do his job but to keep an eye on what Ream is up to. Hector really needs a commanding CB to partner him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

Quote from: colinwhite on July 04, 2020, 05:38:10 PM
and bobby reids useless,but he made the goal. Football is full of nuances.

No doubt DR  made the goal - but his contribution over the course of the season has been truly underwhelming - not picking on him  ....but SP could give others more game time

H4usuallysitting

I always thought he was an old fashioned sweeper

filham

Really the whole team, including Mitro, have struggled since the return from lockdown, the only player to show top form has been Reed.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on July 05, 2020, 01:10:34 PM
Really the whole team, including Mitro, have struggled since the return from lockdown, the only player to show top form has been Reed.
josh has looked good off the bench too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Texas White

Yes he got better as the game went on. Not sure any one started the game pumped up and ready to go.

WindyCity

Agreed.  This is NOT the preCovid Hector, that's for sure!  He's been terrible.......

FFC1987

He's looked slightly off the pace since the comeback. Quite heavy footed at times, positioning slightly off which causes planting of the feet too. Sure it's just a matter of blowing off the cobwebs.

RaySmith

I think he still played a big part in us winning those two games.

Matt10

He'll get there, just have to accept it's part of getting back to match form. I know we don't have much of it, but give it time.

Also, he's playing RCB from day one and hasn't changed. Not sure why or how that's being affected.