watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Mitrovic Returns

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 05, 2020, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

The key and most integral part is that the team begin to play more like they don't have Mitrovic when they in fact they do have him. Sounds rough around the edges, but the issue we have had that I think everyone on this board can see is that we become so one dimensional and predictable that once a team marks Mitro out, we are in for trouble. With a monster player like Mitro, the key is to almost take him out of the game intentionally, stop focusing our plan of attack on constantly getting him the ball, and instead have Cairney and Bryan and Reed, etc. start to shoot and become danger men to mark, and then start bringing Mitro in for the killer tap in, header, or given space to shoot. I think the one thing that has brought a real eyebrow raise is how devastating some of our midfielders and wing-backs can peg an accurate shot on goal. This kind of sporadic, but accurate peppering of the goal to keep teams on edge with potential spillage by the keeper is what we need to be doing to mix our tactics up.

Mitro isn't the problem, his absence is not why we won 2 on the trot - they were ground out results - but we did see more effort, fluidity, and innovation on behalf of our midfield and some daring shots from Onomah, Arter, Reed, Bryan, and Christie, all of which were rockets and forced keepers into fine saves. Do this, with Mitro up front for the rebound, or at least play in such a manner that teams focus less on shutting down our only attacking outlet, and watch the sparks fly!   082.gif :beer: :wine:
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Andy S

Playing without a crowd does not help either

H4usuallysitting

I'd stick him on the bench....to make him want it....then I'd look at him alluringly, and say Mitro get warmed up, and make the tea at half time

ex-Pat

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 05, 2020, 12:57:32 PM
I'd stick him on the bench....to make him want it....then I'd look at him alluringly, and say Mitro get warmed up, and make the tea at half time

Wouldn't put him on the bench,,,a lot better without him, we were becoming a boring one dimensional team trying to get the ball to him all game,,,,very boring.

Bill2

In my opinion we must not use him as a long ball target man, that never seems to work. Keep the style we had yesterday by working the ball down the flanks, Joe Bryan certainly helped there, and then play the ball in either on the ground or in the air and then get Mitro on the end of them. That is where he is most effective not the long ball down the middle.
we all know he is not the quickest but certainly one of the strongest and will out muscle most opposition in the box and get on the end of the cross.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Bill2 on July 05, 2020, 02:08:29 PM
In my opinion we must not use him as a long ball target man, that never seems to work. Keep the style we had yesterday by working the ball down the flanks, Joe Bryan certainly helped there, and then play the ball in either on the ground or in the air and then get Mitro on the end of them. That is where he is most effective not the long ball down the middle.
we all know he is not the quickest but certainly one of the strongest and will out muscle most opposition in the box and get on the end of the cross.

Absolutely. Work some cut backs into the box for Mitro to slam home or tap in around the 12 yard box like Onomah yesterday.

john dempsey

Quote from: ex-Pat on July 05, 2020, 02:02:01 PM

Wouldn't put him on the bench,,,a lot better without him, we were becoming a boring one dimensional team trying to get the ball to him all game,,,,very boring.
Well of course yesterday was so exciting.

grandad

The problem is not Mitro but how we use him. Nearly every game he is isolated . Balls punted up to him are a waste as he has no one to lay it off to or hold it up for. To get the best from him he needs us to play 4-4-2 with non inverted wingers & with someone close to him to work as a tandem.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: ex-Pat on July 05, 2020, 02:02:01 PM

Yes, 34 goals this season (including internationals) is very boring.

SP

Another ex-Pat classic to add to the ever growing collection.

WindyCity

With Mitro in the team, it would be awfully hard to try a game plan that 'omitted' him.  I don't see how that is really done.  Actually, sometimes, and I do say sometimes, Mitro is the problem.  The team is too one-dimensional with Mitro as the central, and seemingly only character.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench and brought in during second half.  I think there were a game or two earlier in the season when FFC won games without his presence. 

Artful Dodger

Sadly our tactics don't play to Mitro's strengths....the only person who doesn't seem to realise this is Parker.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

grandad

If we didn´t have Mitro & his 23 goals where do you think we would be?
Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: grandad on July 05, 2020, 06:16:50 PM

We'd be in a bad place, no doubt. I'm just trying to posit that instead of pumping the ball to him and going one dimensional, we instill in our midfield that it's okay to not always just look or go to him. Take some long range shots, give others runs into the box for goals, take some of the focus off Mitro and then he can be more
Effective and deadly.

Finnans Right Peg

As I have said in another thread Mitro isnt the problem its how he is used thats the problem. He wasnt the problem when we won promotion because he was used correctly

YankeeJim

Our attack with Mitro leading the way is predicable and quite honestly boring, regardless of its success. That's not to say that we are anything other than lucky without him. We need different tactics. I'd like to see the team switch off to a 4-4-2. Bring Reid up alongside Mitro or even one of those wonder boys that the under 23s always seem to have. I think it'd be effective against teams that bunker like Brum. The fluidity of the team would improve if we switch off during the match. I can't see Parker's tactics working against even lower mid level teams in the Prem much less the likes of City or Liverpiddle.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

70sPimlico

Quote from: grandad on July 05, 2020, 06:16:50 PM

If we didn't have Mitro (who I love) we'd have someone else, who would not be as good at some things but possibly better at others. Like, when people on here said exactly the same things about Ross McCormack. When we didn't have his goals, we ended up spreading the goals about, became quicker, less predictable and scored far more. And got promoted.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 05, 2020, 08:09:34 PM
Our attack with Mitro leading the way is predicable and quite honestly boring, regardless of its success. That's not to say that we are anything other than lucky without him. We need different tactics. I'd like to see the team switch off to a 4-4-2. Bring Reid up alongside Mitro or even one of those wonder boys that the under 23s always seem to have. I think it'd be effective against teams that bunker like Brum. The fluidity of the team would improve if we switch off during the match. I can't see Parker's tactics working against even lower mid level teams in the Prem much less the likes of City or Liverpiddle.

I dig this. We should do Reid or Cav off Mitro and Bryan at left wing potentially (if Cav goes up top with Mitro). I'd love to see Stansfield or some other U23 wonderkid get the call up. Breed our own striker into a Champ/Prem striker for a change rather than just selling them off. It would reduce the focus on Mitro and open the game to more fluidity.

The Rational Fan

Mitrovic plans his runs to last 90 minutes, hopefully when he comes back he runs non-stop until he's exhausted and then we substitute him maybe the 75th minute. I think Mitrovic will never be fast, but he can run more confusing defenses especially if he plays less than 90 minutes.

Big T

He's been looking fat and aloof lately and at a 100k a week he's taking the mick, I'd have him polishing AK's Boots for the time being