https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reid

Started by irishfulham, July 04, 2020, 07:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

He really needs a goal.....has not be composed at all

grandad

It was his great turn on the touchline & pass to Reed that produced our goal. I would love him to score that his work rate deserves.
Where there's a will there's a wife

irishfulham

Yeah his build up play and quick touches have been good but his finishing has a lot to be answered for

The Swan

Don't worry he will score against Cardiff.
The Swan

clarkey

Does anyone not realise by now that Cav is a waste of a shirt.He has been awful before, but today and against QPR he took the biscuit. Absolutely zero effort, zero game sense and zero contribution to the cause.

At least AK runs around and tries. Cav is awful.

We would be better off playing Cav through the middle. This inverted wingers business is a dreadful tactic when Mitro plays and just as bad when he doesn't.

Parker subbed Arter when he was playing well, but kept Cav on, just terrible decision.It was a horror show today.One beacon of hope was team kept going to the end and scored eventually.But Brum were terrible, we will rarely play such a bad side.Cairney looked only player of true class though Reid (H) of course looked good again.The other Reid... terrible finishing.

This is a badly set up side.Why not try StefJo he would be perfect box to box.Such a predictable, one paced performance. Depressing.

Statto

Quote from: clarkey on July 04, 2020, 10:44:02 PM
Does anyone not realise by now that Cav is a waste of a shirt.He has been awful before, but today and against QPR he took the biscuit. Absolutely zero effort, zero game sense and zero contribution to the cause.

We would be better off playing Cav through the middle. This inverted wingers business is a dreadful tactic when Mitro plays and just as bad when he doesn't.

Parker subbed Arter when he was playing well, but kept Cav on, just terrible decision.It was a horror show today.One beacon of hope was team kept going to the end and scored eventually.But Brum were terrible, we will rarely play such a bad side.Cairney looked only player of true class though Reid (H) of course looked good again.The other Reid... terrible finishing.

This is a badly set up side.Why not try StefJo he would be perfect box to box.Such a predictable, one paced performance. Depressing.

But Cavaleiro is significantly more productive than Knockaert.

Knockaert "runs around and tries" but he doesn't score, doesn't get assists, and even to the extent he tracks back, he's poor defensively and nearly gifted the opposition a goal today with that terrible pass inside our own penalty area.

Cavaleiro has been far from great but has more goals and assists to his name than Knockaert, and has had to play on his weaker side, the left wing, because Knockaert has generally been given the spot they both prefer on the right.

If either of them are to be dropped, it should be Knockaert, then at least let Cavaleiro play on his preferred side, and give Bryan - and excellent LW who's currently sat on the bench - a go on the left.

Baszab

Need someone to drive forward with the ball from midfield - realistically only Onomah or StefJo
This creates space for the front man or gives options to use wings
Our build up play is so boring and predictable

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2020, 11:21:48 PM
Cavaleiro has been far from great but has more goals and assists to his name than Knockaert

While this is true his record has been woeful in the time since his transfer was made permanent on January 7th.

Prior to this he had provided 5 goals and 6 assists in 1919 minutes (25 appearances), which works out at a goal every 384 minutes and an assist every 320 minutes.

Since then he has provided 1 goal and 1 assist in 979 minutes (15 appearances), which is self-explanatory.

In comparison Kamara has provided 4 goals and 4 assists in just 898 minutes all season, which works out at a goal/assist every 225 minutes (appreciate he's not currently available for selection).

Personally think they should both be dropped!

Statto

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 05, 2020, 12:06:31 AM
Cavaleiro has been far from great but has more goals and assists to his name than Knockaert

While this is true his record has been woeful in the time since his transfer was made permanent on January 7th.

Prior to this he had provided 5 goals and 6 assists in 1919 minutes (25 appearances), which works out at a goal every 384 minutes and an assist every 320 minutes.

Since then he has provided 1 goal and 1 assist in 979 minutes (15 appearances), which is self-explanatory.

In comparison Kamara has provided 4 goals and 4 assists in just 898 minutes all season, which works out at a goal/assist every 225 minutes (appreciate he's not currently available for selection).

Personally think they should both be dropped!

Well even in that period he's scored or made more goals than Knockaert.

And Reid.

So you'd have to drop all three of them.

Which is possible - perhaps a frontline of Bryan, Mitrovic and Kamara - but only with everyone fit.

AnOldBrownie

Knockaert "runs around and tries" but he doesn't score, doesn't get assists, and even to the extent he tracks back, he's poor defensively and nearly gifted the opposition a goal today with that terrible pass inside our own penalty area.

Cavaleiro has been far from great but has more goals and assists to his name than Knockaert, and has had to play on his weaker side, the left wing, because Knockaert has generally been given the spot they both prefer on the right.

If either of them are to be dropped, it should be Knockaert, then at least let Cavaleiro play on his preferred side, and give Bryan - and excellent LW who's currently sat on the bench - a go on the left.

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that.   It was the play where he tried to pass the ball to Michael...but Mike thought for sure Knock was going to just long ball it out of their own box (he was ready to avoid the kick)...correct?

I'm not a big fan of either player...but I think Cav (who can be selfish with the ball) is a slightly better team player.  imo.

RaySmith

It's not uncommon for Knock to give the ball away  in defence, like yesterday, sometimes trying to dribble the ball out, or even losing possession while attacking, trying to beat one too many players, and initiating an opposition break - has he lost a bit of pace?

But at least he does track back, tackle, and puts in a lot of effort, and is maybe deserving of his team place.

Yesterday i think he did quite well actually. He certainly got some shots away, when we seemed so shot shy generally.
But was sometimes wasteful, too, as usual. Once , where  the ball fizzed across goal to past the far post., and he   was there to be on the end of it, but instead of shooting to the far post, or crossing - Carney was lurking in the box, he fired into the side netting.
Other shots from distance were wide of the goal, but at least he had a go, and always gives his all, and  we know what he can do on his day.

He is a frustrating player, but for his potential, and commitment, i think he is  worthy of his place in the squad.

As for Cav - i think he did ok, and  tried hard. Brum were so difficult to break down though.

Kebano  did well when he  came on, I thought, but faced the same problems as Cav. I think he did make a difference though, and was a threat.

Carborundum

Birmingham fit squarely in the category of Championship teams that defend heroically for 70 minutes and wilt horribly for the last 20.  To some extent the view of our players performance  depends on which minutes they were granted. 

Cavaleiro seems dependable, functional and skilful in a tick-box way.  What stops him being the flank player we would love him to be - think Dempsey - seems to be the courage to give the unconventional a try.  Cavaleiro must have defenders thinking "if I don't do anything stupid, he won't do anything dazzling".

Cavaleiro strikes me as someone who could win their personal battle if some mental shackles were released.  Knockeart knows he can't win his personal battle and constructs a elaborate cover story, involving huff, puff and shooting from distance to mask the reality.  As a coach, I'd be filling Cavaleiro with confidence and politely saying to Knockeart that we've taken this about as far as it can go.

As for Reid, I like him a lot.  A certain type of player does not look impressive on TV, where camera operators and production directors decide what gets looked at. Watch live and he's generally the one whose movement gives opposition headaches.  But he's not a lead-the-line centre forward and we miss Mitro's selfishness.

HV71

As for Reid, I like him a lot.  A certain type of player does not look impressive on TV, where camera operators and production directors decide what gets looked at. Watch live and he's generally the one whose movement gives opposition headaches.  But he's not a lead-the-line centre forward and we miss Mitro's selfishness.

+1

bill taylors apprentice

So obvious to me too, odd how the coach[/b] doesn't see it?

OdecaMynoT

I like Reid too for his all round effort.

He's quick,good positional play and gets goal scoring opportunities.

I think the goal needs to be twice the size for him to score regularly though.

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

WindyCity

Might be pressing a bit to tickle the twine since his production has been well below expectations.