watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Brom 4 v Hull 2

Started by filham, July 05, 2020, 08:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

That West Brom. result today that means we need eight points to get above them with only five matches left to play.
I know that it is popular to say that we should not give up on automatic promotion until it is arithmetically impossible but it is hard to see how we can catch the top two and our best chance of promotion is undoubtedly through the play offs.

We have a good nine point lead over the team in sixth place and must be expected to meet Forrest in the two legged semi final.

With only five matches left a couple of wins is all we need and after securing those six points Parkers priority should be avoiding tiredness among the players and ensuring they are fresh and fit for those final play off games. We can now afford to swallow a couple of meaningless defeats.

FFC1987

I think realistically, people gave up hopes on automatic after the Brentford game really.

Jimsbeerbelly

We are not going up via the top two.

Need to win ALL our games including games away to Forest and WBA, to be within any type of chance.

Even then, we need Brentford to slip up, which again, ain't happening with their current form.

It's the playoffs.

AnOldBrownie

Excited for the playoffs.

049:gif

ChesterTheTabby

The objective doesn't change - promotion! How we get there is all in the fun!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

To go up, we have to find our winning combination in the next three games, win one of the next three and then last five ganes W-D-W-D-W will take us up. If in the next three games, the team improves in little in one part of the field, say attacking midfield then I think other areas like the wings would become hard to handle too.

As well as improving, I see the other playoff teams are very dependent on a few players, so while Brentford maybe favourites to win the playoffs, they are also one injury away from being least favourite.

All Fulham have to do to get promoted is play every game better than the one before. Our hope is someone like Knockaert, Onamah, Reid, Cairney or Cav absolutely fire in the last eight games, while the rest of the team maintain at least their current form. If Fulham play well, we don't have anyone like Wolves that can stop us going up.

Andy S

There is a lot to be said for experience and we have done Wembley it is no new

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 06, 2020, 12:40:53 AM
To go up, we have to find our winning combination in the next three games, win one of the next three and then last five ganes W-D-W-D-W will take us up. If in the next three games, the team improves in little in one part of the field, say attacking midfield then I think other areas like the wings would become hard to handle too.

As well as improving, I see the other playoff teams are very dependent on a few players, so while Brentford maybe favourites to win the playoffs, they are also one injury away from being least favourite.

All Fulham have to do to get promoted is play every game better than the one before. Our hope is someone like Knockaert, Onamah, Reid, Cairney or Cav absolutely fire in the last eight games, while the rest of the team maintain at least their current form. If Fulham play well, we don't have anyone like Wolves that can stop us going up.

If Cav, Cairney, or Knockers can start pinging in some beauties regularly between them, we will win the playoffs. We need others, not just Mitro, to take their chances and we will be fine
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WONKYTONKY

I actually think West Brom are catchable. With Hegazi getting sent off they'll be even weaker at the back and Hull where ripping them apart at times. That 4-2 score line is more than flattering to West Brom. Think Leeds have probably got 1st wrapped up now but think second is a 3/4 team roulette now. If anything happened to Pereira, WB would be so hooped. Brentford seem to have the momentum with them but that could swing anytime. Who knows Fulham could start to wake up just at the right time!