watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would you do with the loanees?

Started by Brawn, July 06, 2020, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

Money no object, and let's say that the other club in question is willing to do whatever we want, what would you do with following players, and obviously, does your decision change depending on which division we're in?

At Fulham:
15 Terence Kongolo - not sure. He's a bit unnecessary and I think we could do better at CB. Hector and Mawson going forward would be OK and we ought to sell Le Marchand, Ream, and Odoi. I'm really not sure what to do with him.
18 Harry Arter - return to Bournemouth. Not a great signing, and although he's better than McDonald these days at DM, Reed is better than them both.
24 Anthony Knockaert - buy. A good player merely out of form, and although the likes of Solly March are better than him, I suspect he could more than do a job at Premier League level.

Out on loan:
31 Fabri - not sure. With Rodak and Bettinelli we don't really need him. But would be a useful depth option if we opt to sell Bettinelli.
Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa - retain. Shouldn't really have been let go and is a big upgrade over Arter, McDonald, etc.
Jean Michael Seri - retain. Wasn't brilliant last year but some of the criticism was unwarranted. A big upgrade on the CMs if you ask me.

I would also keep Harris, Mundle-Smith, and Abraham, the three yoofs currently out on loan.

@jolslover

It depends what division we are in - realistically we could never keep Anguissa and Seri in the Champ
If Betts goes I wouldn't mind Fabri as rotation with Rodak but not sure what his wages are like
Knockaert it depends on fee but he hasn't hit his best for Fulham no doubt
Arter I wouldn't keep regardless of division
Kongolo I would keep whether Champ or Prem and feel he could be an asset in either division.
STH H3

The Rational Fan

If we go up, I'd buy existing loan players Reed and Knockaert plus bring Fabri, Anguissa, and Seri, then if fit brings back Calum Chambers and Ryan Sessegnon. Then buy an RB, CB, Targett, Babel, and Quick Backup Striker. I think that would be enough for the pre-season and the first few games, bring a couple of players in on deadline day to strengthen the bench where ever we have injuries.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Brawn on July 06, 2020, 04:52:20 PM
Let's say that the other club in question is willing to do whatever we want?

The assumption other clubs do what we want is crazy. In the summer of 2018, when we went up our plan was to buy promoted players, but the initial prices were just too high with Targett £20m, Norwood £15m, and Kalas £12m, so FFC went for Bryan, Seri, and MLM instead.

Rumors are that after we filled the 17/18 players' spots, those 17/18 players were sold to other clubs for much less than FFC was willing to pay for them. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know what players were available to Fulham at what prices.

Milo

Would buy Reed.. and Knockaert provided price was right.

Ordar

Buying Reed is an absolute no brainer (if they'll let him go)

I would try and loan to buy Kongolo, as I feel like its worth another look

Arter can go back,

Knockaert can go back

Fabri can go

Anguissa I think we'll lose as they have an option to buy. But I want back

Seri needs a team built around him, so if we're prepared to do that then keep, otherwise sell.

FulhamStu

Buy Kongolo and Reed.
Buy Knockaert if the price is right and we can afford his wages.
Arter to return to Bournemouth.
Frank and Seri I think should be sold but for the right price.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 07, 2020, 04:50:41 AM
If we go up, I'd buy existing loan players Reed and Knockaert plus bring Fabri, Anguissa, and Seri, then if fit brings back Calum Chambers and Ryan Sessegnon. Then buy an RB, CB, Targett, Babel, and Quick Backup Striker. I think that would be enough for the pre-season and the first few games, bring a couple of players in on deadline day to strengthen the bench where ever we have injuries.
Crikey!  That's quite some shopping expedition........ 079.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Full concentration on buying Reed, not too worried about the others as better players are probably available from other clubs.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 07, 2020, 08:32:12 AM
Crikey!  That's quite some shopping expedition........ 079.gif

Yes, but if we go up we can afford to spend another £90m. Chambers and Sessegnon would be loans, so would a few of the deadline day strengthing players. Targett should cost around £15m, Reed around £15m, Knockaert around £10m, and Babel around £5m, which is totally about £45m. Leaving £15m each for RB, CB, and backup Striker.

Bizarrely, if we go up nearly all Tony Khans signings from the "summer of 2018" could be sold at the end of the season for an FFP profit as there book value would have mostly been written off.

rebel

It all depends where we are after game 38 + 2 + 1.

Maidstone Lee

Kongolo - Try and get on loan again next season if still in the Championship

Arter - Send back

Knockhaert - Send back, tries hard but not the same player he was and very selfish on the ball.

Reed - Must buy!

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Wingnut

Kongolo - Take on loan next season, if we are in the Championship.

Arter - Send back. Move just hasn't worked out for either party. Have nothing against him.

Knockhaert - Send back. Not the right fit for us in either division. Hasn't settled at the club. Just can't warm to the chap for some reason.

Reed - A 'must sign', whether we are in the Championship or PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2020, 10:15:16 AM
Full concentration on buying Reed, not too worried about the others as better players are probably available from other clubs.
✔✔✔✔

Jims Dentist

I would be very reluctant to bring back players to play in The Premier who have previously, already failed to make the grade their with us.

Brawn

Was Chambers not one our best players last season? And Sessegnon is about 20, so hardly past it.

FulhamStu

Kongolo is contracted to Huddersfield until 2022.   I can't imagine he will stay there, he has either to go out on loan again or be transferred.   I can't imagine he would cost much.  I would try and do another loan with a buy option as we have done this season for Cav BDR and Knockaert.   I think he would work far better with Bryan as he has pace to cover when Bryan goes forward.  Christie and Odoi have done well at right back and we have Sess and a number of good young prospects coming through.  Kamara has proved he can cover for Mitro and we have just won 3 straight games without either. In Mawson and MLM I am really not sure, if they could get fit they would be more than good cover and push for a starting place.   We have abundant midfield and wide attacking options and Reid as a permanent signing would just add to that strength in depth.  One of the big questions is can we keep Mitro ?   If we can, and I think it is possible, it's happy days.

Frankly, this squad, if in the Championship next season really should be able to get promoted.  Another year together will mean we should hit the ground running next season and Parker will have gained a huge amount in his first year, he will not be sacked so we might as well get behind him.   It is entirely possible that we will be able to go up this season, but if not, we will be in the best shape we ever have in recent times for a big push season next.   It would certainly be far more enjoyable than the inevitable relegation battle if we go up, just ask Villa fans or cast your minds back to 12 months ago.

We Are Premier League

Sell:
Betts
Fabri
Seri
MLM

Out on loan:
Anguissa

Buy:
Reeeeed
Karlan Grant
Ben Gibson
Niclas Eliasson
Arter
Tyler Blackett (Free)
Rob Dickie

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 13, 2020, 01:33:09 AM
Sell:
Betts
Fabri
Seri
MLM

Out on loan:
Anguissa

Buy:
Reeeeed
Karlan Grant
Ben Gibson
Niclas Eliasson
Arter
Tyler Blackett (Free)
Rob Dickie
Two things locked in stone.

1. Buy Harrison Reed. Either league we're in next season he'll have a chance to start as our #6

2. Sell Seri...before anything else. I watched him play today and he still plods around the pitch like he's in mud. Not for the championship or premier league imo.

Loan Kongolo again, and hope he's healthy enough to steal Reams starting spot.

Arter...if it's between keeping him or Stefjo, I'd keep Stefjo.

MLM...Sell him. Tim Ream would get his minutes...

Anguissa...loan him back to Villarreal if we're not promoted...if we are...not sure.  There are only 3 midfield spots in our starting 11...and though I like Zambo...Id currently start Harrison as our #6 and I'd be looking for a gritty #8 to help police the midfield along with Reed in the EPL.  We could keep him as good backup...but I doubt he'd be ok with that.

Zambo is a good luxury player in LaLiga..but I don't think we have a spot for him.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 08, 2020, 10:49:39 PM
I would be very reluctant to bring back players to play in The Premier who have previously, already failed to make the grade their with us.

If you only want to keep players that haven't failed at premier league (or Bundesliga) this is going to be a very small squad (Rodak, S.Sess, Knockaert, Mitro and Cav), and we will be upgrading too many players.