watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47

Started by Jamie88, July 06, 2020, 01:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

AK47 is a real asset, the type of player that is useful no matter what we division we are in. Whether it's league 2 or the premier league if you are a defender and Kamara comes on in the 65th minute you will he very worried
STH H3

Milo

I am more excited when AK has the ball at his feet on the edge of the area than anyone else in the squad.

Fulham 442

I read on here earlier in another thread about his rolled ankle but was hoping he would come back before the end of the season.  He certainly seems to make an impact when he comes on and gives us another dimension.  I know he has had his issues in the past but that is all water under the bridge now and he seems to be fully integrated back into the team.  You always get the feeling he is giving his all in every game, whether starting or off the bench.  He is a big miss for us imo.

Wingnut

AK is a good impact sub. Could really do with him in the play offs.

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 06, 2020, 05:02:57 PM
Quote from: Baszab on July 06, 2020, 04:54:26 PM
His absence will cost us promotion

I'll think you'll find that Charlton and Millwall away cost us promotion, plus, Brentford and Leeds.

Barnsley (X 2), Luton and Hull were the real killers. Three relegation candidates and we dropped eleven points against them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas White

AK scares defenders. We miss his energy. Bobby tried hard but is not physical enough.

The Rock

Quote from: Statto on July 06, 2020, 05:36:47 PM
Quote from: St Eve on July 06, 2020, 04:19:31 PM
I think he is what we need at the moment, passion,energy, speed etc. Not sure if he is faster than Frederics but there is not much in it

In any case, if I were a defender I'd be less intimidated by Fredericks moving towards me at 30mph than Kamara moving at 25mph.

Pretty funny visual indeed. Like a bull vs. a bunny rabbit.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 06, 2020, 03:03:28 PM
Never understood what some people see in Kamara.  About 16 goals in 75 games for Fulham.  Not a great return.  He has pace agreed but no great control and lousy finishing.  I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the summer break (if we have one) if any club makes an offer.  For a club which has had strikers like Saha, Hayles, Davies, Zamora and McBride we can do so much better.

He has more goals than Knockers and Cav combined and most of his appearances are as a sub. The guy can score and Lord knows we need that now.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Wingnut on July 06, 2020, 06:34:30 PM
AK is a good impact sub. Could really do with him in the play offs.

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 06, 2020, 05:02:57 PM
Quote from: Baszab on July 06, 2020, 04:54:26 PM
His absence will cost us promotion

I'll think you'll find that Charlton and Millwall away cost us promotion, plus, Brentford and Leeds.

Barnsley (X 2), Luton and Hull were the real killers. Three relegation candidates and we dropped eleven points against them.

God that's depressing to know had we simply nicked more off the bottom like we should have we'd be top two.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Always liked AK for his energy and power. But if we are missing him then it proves that we just don't have the players to do damage. We have the big names that two or three years ago scared teams in this league. But they are luxury players and cannot do damage week in week out.  That is the problem. We have a team that two seasons ago at the top of their form, whatever club they were playing for, could do the damage.

However that was two seasons ago.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2020, 11:37:19 PM
We have the big names that two or three years ago scared teams in this league. But they are luxury players and cannot do damage week in week out.  That is the problem. We have a team that two seasons ago at the top of their form, whatever club they were playing for, could do the damage.

You do realise those players are 26/27/28?

We're not talking about a 36 year old Karagounis or 33 year old Diarra here

These sorts of comments are literally a full decade from being correct

Asotosyios

Always liked AK for his energy and power. But if we are missing him then it proves that we just don't have the players to do damage. We have the big names that two or three years ago scared teams in this league. But they are luxury players and cannot do damage week in week out.  That is the problem. We have a team that two seasons ago at the top of their form, whatever club they were playing for, could do the damage.

I definitely don't agree with that.

However, we will start talking about how Parker utilises these players and this is not the subject of this thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 06, 2020, 11:45:39 PM
We have the big names that two or three years ago scared teams in this league. But they are luxury players and cannot do damage week in week out.  That is the problem. We have a team that two seasons ago at the top of their form, whatever club they were playing for, could do the damage.

You do realise those players are 26/27/28? We're not talking about a 36 year old Karagounis or 33 year old Diarra here. These sorts of comments are literally a full decade from being correct

James Milner, David Silva, Jamie Vardy, Pablo Hernández and Curtis Davies are all a lot older than anyone in this squad. Jordan Henderson is older than everyone except Ream, Odoi, MLM, KMac, and Arter. Players younger than Henderson shouldn't be noticeable losing fitness, especially with five subs.

Stanley Matthews played for England a full decade more than most of these players, played in the now premier league at an age twenty-years older than Arter is now, and scored a hat-trick for Blackpool against an Australian XI at 47 yo in 1962.

Frankly, the excuse that some of these players are aging and losing their legs is pathetic. No doubt some of them may be slowing down, but professionals have to adjust. KMac, Stefjo and Cairney shouldn't go from defeating Jack Glelish and Aston Villa to being worse than Barnsley in less than two years.

Frankly, two of Parker's main jobs are to bring young players in and extend the careers of older players. Klopp has done a brilliant job extending the careers of James Milner and Jordan Henderson, but apart from Odoi some of our players seem to be aging faster than they should.  I would note that Scott Parker himself had a rapid decrease in performance after the 2011/12 season onwards.

In June 2021, we lose "parachute payments", after that much of the younger squad will have to be sold to raise money. We simply cannot afford to get younger players (unless they are unproven youth) until we unlock parachute payments again.

The older members of this squad have one goal get us back in the premier league to unlock parachute payments again, after which you can go back home to finish your careers in USA, Scotland, and Belgium while remaining FFC Heros.

Big T

AK is a live wire and his energy would be much appreciated in this team right now, yes he's far from perfect but on his day he can tear anyone apart,
For some reason some people can't see past his little spat with Mitro, it's trendy to slag him off and criticize his first touch BUT anyone that can see his class can see right through that mentality..
I find it disappointing that the club don't let us know what's going on with him, as fans we deserve to know,
I do believe he could seriously be the missing link in us getting promoted this season

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Big T on July 07, 2020, 04:41:29 AM
AK is a live wire and his energy would be much appreciated in this team right now, yes he's far from perfect but on his day he can tear anyone apart,
For some reason some people can't see past his little spat with Mitro, it's trendy to slag him off and criticize his first touch BUT anyone that can see his class can see right through that mentality..
I find it disappointing that the club don't let us know what's going on with him, as fans we deserve to know,
I do believe he could seriously be the missing link in us getting promoted this season

I'd prefer the other teams have no idea when Kamara and Mawson will return.

FulhamStu

Kamara is good when the game get stretched and there is space.  Parkerball does not suit him at all, he is a great impact sub when the other team are tiring.  He is a better off the bench option than Kebano, that's for sure.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 07, 2020, 08:47:04 AM
Kamara is good when the game get stretched and there is space.  Parkerball does not suit him at all, he is a great impact sub when the other team are tiring.  He is a better off the bench option than Kebano, that's for sure.

We need impact subs, I am pretty sure if we go up it will be only by one-goal margin.

Lighthouse

Love the way you invent an argument that wasn't made. I never mentioned age. But form is everything. Ream was great two seasons ago but hasn't come close to that form since. Same with the players mentioned. A player or players may have a good few seasons but it doesn't mean they continue that form. Experts and fans still look at football as a computer game. When players don't play well they blame the coach but it is a fact not all players are consistent in form. Especially the luxury players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 06, 2020, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: Mullers OG on July 06, 2020, 03:03:28 PM
Never understood what some people see in Kamara.  About 16 goals in 75 games for Fulham.  Not a great return.  He has pace agreed but no great control and lousy finishing.  I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the summer break (if we have one) if any club makes an offer.  For a club which has had strikers like Saha, Hayles, Davies, Zamora and McBride we can do so much better.

This is somewhat misleading as 47 of those 75 appearances have been from the bench. If you go by the amount of minutes he has played in the league he scores a goal every ~210 minutes, which is fairly good and not a long way off Mitrovic.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Big T on July 07, 2020, 04:41:29 AM
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2020, 10:49:18 AM

Love the way you invent an argument that wasn't made. I never mentioned age. But form is everything. Ream was great two seasons ago but hasn't come close to that form since. Same with the players mentioned. A player or players may have a good few seasons but it doesn't mean they continue that form. Experts and fans still look at football as a computer game. When players don't play well they blame the coach but it is a fact not all players are consistent in form. Especially the luxury players.

Not really sure what you're on about TBH. So it's nothing to do with age but they've just inexplicably become crap in their mid-twenties? I've some sympathy for that argument in relation to Ream because he's been poor through most of his career and even in the brief season or two that he looked decent, he was still a limited player with major shortcomings. He's also reaching an age where you'd expect his performance to decline. But none of that applies to Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Cairney, Mitrovic et al. These are players that have been very good, for multiple seasons. The current Real Madrid squad won't all suddenly become crap players in two years time because "form is everything" and they are "luxury players".