https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team vs Cardiff

Started by Hatch007, July 07, 2020, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Quote from: Big T on July 08, 2020, 01:49:09 AM
If anyone was useless today it was Cav

Care to expand on that? He worked his socks off. Was sprinting like a lunatic in the 90th minute closing Forest down.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamfever

I reckon we should go out all attack at home for this game. It's such a weird season after the break we have had a weird set of results with a weird list of goal scorers. Please just win me not care what team ya put out.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2020, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 08, 2020, 10:25:36 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 08, 2020, 10:03:30 AM
What's the obsession with playing Bryan at LW I don't get it - he has never played as a winger in a 433 in his career

Officially he played wide-left in a 433 in the cup game against Villa in January, though going by the average position map (and what I saw with my own eyes) I'd argue it was more of a 3-5-2 or 3-6-1. He has also in recent games provided some dangerous crosses (at least one of which should have been scored from) and shots at goal from an advanced position when we've been chasing a goal. It's surely worth a try?

Quote from: @jolslover on July 08, 2020, 10:03:30 AM
Kebano, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Reid we have some of the best wingers in the Championship

On paper or in a more counter-attacking side perhaps, but the performances have been largely ineffective throughout the season.

I'd add...
He looked very good at LW against Villa IMO
He connects well with Mitrovic (has assisted him frequently) and our second-choice CF, Reid, is his best mate as well
He's spent as much of his career (before Fulham) at LM as he has at LB
He's a terrible defender (and we already have another terrible defender in defence - Ream)
None of Knockaert, Cavaleiro or Reid is a LW. Reid is an attacking midfielder and Knockaert and Cavaleiro both prefer playing on the right.

In general they are good points to be fair (wouldn't say very good vs. Villa but did well maybe) - would also add LM in a 5 ATB system is different to being a winger in a 433 though.
Him being a terrible defender probably isn't a reason he should be selected at LW as well
STH H3

clarkey

You absolutely can not change the back four with  clean sheets on the bounce, Mawson can wait. The problem is in scoring not stopping them right now and Cav has to be dropped, and AK combined with Mitro and BCR

Also big lesson for Parker from Forest was how good StefJo is, he is box to box, clever and cool in possession. He plus Onomah should start.With MoM Arter naturally and Harrison Reed

clarkey

Also Wingnut Cav was not sprinting at the end, his closing down is terrible. He simply never stops crosses coming in.He is a liability, we played with ten men.

twang

Quote from: clarkey on July 08, 2020, 01:44:45 PM
You absolutely can not change the back four with  clean sheets on the bounce, Mawson can wait.

But Parker changed it after the first clean sheet, bringing Bryan in for Christie.

filham

Quote from: twang on July 08, 2020, 02:26:03 PM
Quote from: clarkey on July 08, 2020, 01:44:45 PM
You absolutely can not change the back four with  clean sheets on the bounce, Mawson can wait.

But Parker changed it after the first clean sheet, bringing Bryan in for Christie.
I suspect Parker has a dillema in whether Christie or Bryan gives the best assistance to the attack but feels that playing both of them would be defensive disaster.

We Are Premier League

Rodak
Christie - Hector - Ream - Bryan
Arter - Reed
Knockaert - Onomah - Kebano
Mitrovic

Reid and Cav coudl do with a break and would be great options to come of the bench if we are not winning....

LittleErn

I'd like to see Kebano given another go. With Mitro in the middle he has a target for his crosses, and he does manage to get outside his marker on occasions. The crosses do need to be better quality I'll admit, but it's worth a go.

@jolslover

Quote from: clarkey on July 08, 2020, 01:46:14 PM
Also Wingnut Cav was not sprinting at the end, his closing down is terrible. He simply never stops crosses coming in.He is a liability, we played with ten men.

Knew you posted this before I looked to check who posted this, just looked through your last 15 posts and 80% mention Cavaleiro. Does he have your family hostage??

Like we played with 10 men haha, just not true.
STH H3

Matt10

I think Onomah can play anywhere, but it's a matter of what Parker will do with Cairney. I think Cairney is crucial to our transition play and maintaining possession when we're under pressure. In the event he's injured, I'd opt for StefJo. Onomah opens himself up so well in receiving passes, and has some tricks. He's big and aggressive, so he can find himself centrally with back facing goal as well. Even though I prefer Christie, Odoi was solid defensively and won some key headers.

Rodak

Odoi    Hector      Ream      Bryan

Arter     Reed      Cairney/Stefjo

Onomah       Mitro        Cavaleiro