watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WBA V DERBY

Started by rebel, July 08, 2020, 09:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

We need Derby to win this, they are missing Lawrence and Waghorn, but has some quality, Rooney and Martin.

Whitestone

Derby can  seriously affect the top 4 with victories against West Brom and Brentford this week 049:gif 049:gif

The Rational Fan

Derby is key to any chance we have with WBA and Brentford next two games.

rebel

Quote from: Whitestone on July 08, 2020, 10:16:39 AM
Derby can  seriously affect the top 4 with victories against West Brom and Brentford this week 049:gif 049:gif

Agree, who thought we'd be cheering for Derby, they play in 'black & white'.

rebel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 08, 2020, 10:32:29 AM

Yep, I think WBA might be in for a 'shock' tonight.

Statto

Got mixed views about this. Derby are in good form and will have an extra incentive to beat us having lost to us in the play-off semis when we went up. Plus they've been in the play-offs in 3 out of the last 4 seasons so they've plenty of experience and must be due some luck. I'd be more intimidated by them in the play-offs than West Brom, Forest, Cardiff or Swansea. So personally I don't want them creeping into 6th, unless it means we somehow finish 2nd.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2020, 11:07:52 AM
Got mixed views about this. Derby are in good form and will have an extra incentive to beat us having lost to us in the play-off semis when we went up. Plus they've been in the play-offs in 3 out of the last 4 seasons so must be due some luck. I'd be more intimidated by them in the play-offs than West Brom, Forest, Cardiff or Swansea. So personally I don't want them creeping into 6th, unless it means we somehow finish 2nd.

Yes but their efforts might mean we sneak into a 'automatic place', if we keep winning. 

joshfulham

I think I agree, to an extent.

There's no chance we are finishing in the top two now, but I do think our best case scenario for the playoffs is Brentford getting automatic promotion.

We just won't beat them if we inevitably end up playing them in the final, whereas I think WBA, Forest and whoever the 6th placed team ends up being are all very beatable.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2020, 11:07:52 AM
Got mixed views about this. Derby are in good form and will have an extra incentive to beat us having lost to us in the play-off semis when we went up. Plus they've been in the play-offs in 3 out of the last 4 seasons so they've plenty of experience and must be due some luck. I'd be more intimidated by them in the play-offs than West Brom, Forest, Cardiff or Swansea. So personally I don't want them creeping into 6th, unless it means we somehow finish 2nd.

If derby win and we beat West Brom - we have an excellent chance of top 2

clarkey

Exactly if Derby win then we can get closer to West Brom with a six pointer next week. Then it is in our hands. Far better they win.

FulhamKC

They didn't. Lost by two goals and one man.

SP

Quote from: rebel on July 08, 2020, 10:51:23 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 08, 2020, 10:32:29 AM

Yep, I think WBA might be in for a 'shock' tonight.

I think WBA were shocked how poor Derby played.

Carborundum

I'm surprised how Derby have surged up the table.  Thought they were desultory at the Cottage, the worst team I've seen this season.  Rooney obviously improves them, but one ageing player can only make so much difference.