more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What positions need improvement...

Started by AnOldBrownie, July 08, 2020, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

at the next level?

This is not a negative post regarding our current squad and how they would handle another season in the championship.  Personally, I think another season together would have us closer to automatic promotion the following year even if we lost Mitro and replaced him with a quality Championship CF.

If Fulham win promotion the ownership group will have to evaluate what players, in Scott Parker's system, are starting player material in the EPL.

imo...

Winger
LCB
Left or Right sided fullback
CDM (unless we sign Reed to a permanent deal)

That's 4 starting positions I think will need to be addressed after guaranteed promotion.

General

I'd switch CdM with AM and make a LB and RB compulsory on top of the LCB.

That said our squad is very championship level currently.

The Rational Fan

People are saying sign Reed the only problem is if he plays like this for another 7 games then £20m isn't going to seem insane (they asked that for Targett). I have never been a Reed fan but my opinion is changing every minute he has been on the field since lockdown. If Mawson (or other LCB like Ream) finds that kind of form, we will be come the clean sheet kings of the championship (Rodak, Hector, Mawson, Reed) at least through the centre.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 08, 2020, 07:47:33 PM
If Fulham win promotion the ownership group will have to evaluate what players, in Scott Parker's system, are starting player material in the EPL.

imo...

Winger
LCB
Left or Right sided fullback
CDM (unless we sign Reed to a permanent deal)

That's 4 starting positions I think will need to be addressed after guaranteed promotion.

If we go up the first thing I'd do is bring back Fabri, Anguissa and Seri that maybe initially bench players that may break in the team, don't move them on until the winter or next summer unless the price is amazing. I'd also get Chambers, Targett, Reed, Babel and Sessegnon some of whom on loan.

Then we need to bring in a new RB, backup striker and LCB. I liked Cash as RB, Grabban as CF and think the centre back should be no older than mid 20s (maybe younger) and prepared to play in both leagues, so we can build around him.

In total thats adding ten positions GK, RB, CB, LB, DM, CM, AM, RW, CF and LW without an entirely new team on deadline day. I am absolutely convinced that last years squad had a good enough front six to stay up. We now have Rodak and Hector so really only need a RB, Targett and another CB plus a fit Mawson for cover.

If we go up or go down, a sell off of players will occur. But profits will be large with Anguissa book value being £10m by the end of next season and Seri being only £7.5m. The rebuild will then slowly occur and hopefully this time it's with more permanent players that will stay with this yo-yo club for at least five years.

Lastly, I would beef up the under 21s squad and send players with championship experience yet on loan, we need a plan if we go down again.

Andy S

If the club can find affordable players better than the ones we have then get the cheque book out

RaySmith

You have to get the balance right between the players who have been good enough as a team to get promotion, and bringing in  better quality players, but how  will they  merge into the team?

I don't think  you want too many strangers coming in at one time, however good their reputations, and high their price tags.

I would be looking a t a couple of experienced Prem players, who the manager thinks can readily fit in with the curent team and their style of play.

Obviously, who is available and wants to come here, is a big question for Fulham.

VegasFulham

Patson Daka- absolutely amazing on ball skills. He is still very young but looks a real talent at the forward position. He can take on defenders with ease and has a good eye for goal too. No doubt he will be a star.

Antonee Robinson- very good left back. He has really turned it on since the restart for Wigan. He can get forward and provide a cross, but still has very good defensive skills and doesn't forget that he is still a defender unlike half of all full backs nowadays.

Weston Mckennie- turning into quite the box to box midfielder. Very good at breaking up play and has improved his passing and on ball skills a lot this season. Schalke need to sell so it would work into our advantage.