watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham coverage very amateurish

Started by Andy S, July 11, 2020, 12:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Today at Ht they suddenly fire into adverts while Jim and Jamie were discussing the first half and then they put up a thing on screen that Christie had been booked when he haven't. Lots of little things like that throughout the game but I'm glad to have it anyway.
Obviously I didn't watch Sky but Mitro copped an elbow the like of which he was suspended for 3 games. Did they say that the Cardiff guy should be suspended?

fulhamben

Didn't look like an intentional elbow to me. Looks like he just hard his arm out as he jumped.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

I don't know how you can say that only the perpetrator knows for sure

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2020, 01:27:32 AM
I don't know how you can say that only the perpetrator knows for sure
quite easily, sky did look at it a few times after the game, and it was quite clear that he didn't throw an elbow. Then was no sudden direction change of the arm. Hectors on the other hand, was extremely stupid and bloody lucky that he got a yellow
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

You were very lucky to be watching Jim and Jamie's version, I was fed up with the Sky commentary by the end. Continuously saying how hard Cardiff have worked, how Fulham were constantly giving away free kicks. Both were true. What they weren't saying was how brilliantly we defended after the first 15 minutes and how hard our team was working. Their continuous themed commentary began to grate by the end.

alfie

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 11, 2020, 09:00:52 AM
You were very lucky to be watching Jim and Jamie's version, I was fed up with the Sky commentary by the end. Continuously saying how hard Cardiff have worked, how Fulham were constantly giving away free kicks. Both were true. What they weren't saying was how brilliantly we defended after the first 15 minutes and how hard our team was working. Their continuous themed commentary began to grate by the end.
Slightly wrong the sky commentator mentioned a couple of times how well the defence played.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

glenhodgso

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 11, 2020, 09:00:52 AM

...and Sky initially credited Josh's goal to BDR - how on earth did they do that? Josh is a clear six inches taller

Andy S

I do agree about sky. There was nothing wrong with Jim and Jamie though it was the technical team that need to up their game. Other nit picking I know is why that big shield with FFC has to continually rotate at half time beggars belief. Put it in the corner out of the way and let's watch the players on the pitch. That is the time for the birthdays to be read out etc. As is said else where in general it's ok and better than sky

Bill2

While the commentary from GJ is fine I get really fed up when the camera is on one of the management team instead of the action, why would I want to see long shots of Neil Harris or Scott Parker when the ball is in play.

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2020, 12:47:30 AM
Today at Ht they suddenly fire into adverts while Jim and Jamie were discussing the first half and then they put up a thing on screen that Christie had been booked when he haven't. Lots of little things like that throughout the game but I'm glad to have it anyway.
Obviously I didn't watch Sky but Mitro copped an elbow the like of which he was suspended for 3 games. Did they say that the Cardiff guy should be suspended?

Perhaps i'm not sure which two incidents you are referring to, but if they are
1. The retro Red card Mitro received for the forearm smash on Ben White when the ball was nowhere near either player

2. The elbow that Mitro received when he and an opposition player we both in the air challenging for the ball

Then it is chalk and cheese comparison.

The first was such an indefensible and blatant attack on an opposition player it deserved a red card, just as much as the Rooney forearm smash of 9 years ago on James McCarthy that Rooney got away with. The second was something we see week-in and week-out when challenging for a ball, just as much as studs up and two-footed challenges.  That is not to justify the latter in any shape or form.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

White seems very close to Mitro considering the ball isn't there.
I think he must have done or said something that caused Mitro's response.

Mitro should have  known better though, when the blue mist came down, and definitely deserved a red card.

Need to look again at the other decision to make any comment.

Dodgin

The elbow on Mitro, didn't get any response from him, took it on the chin.

Logicalman

Quote from: Dodgin on July 11, 2020, 05:57:48 PM
The elbow on Mitro, didn't get any response from him, took it on the chin.

Well, on the left ear, at least!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: RaySmith on July 11, 2020, 05:34:35 PM
White seems very close to Mitro considering the ball isn't there.
I think he must have done or said something that caused Mitro's response.

Mitro should have  known better though, when the blue mist came down, and definitely deserved a red card.

Need to look again at the other decision to make any comment.

Sorry for the poor quality (and the triangle in the middle). This is the challenge where Mitro got it in the left ear when challenging for a ball in the air

Matt10

Just a healthy challenge, nothing malicious. Mitro v Leeds was in the open and he wasn't even looking at the ball, nor did he win the headed attempt.

Logicalman

Quote from: Matt10 on July 11, 2020, 06:49:37 PM
Just a healthy challenge, nothing malicious. Mitro v Leeds was in the open and he wasn't even looking at the ball, nor did he win the headed attempt.

Totally agree Matt, even though Mitro got a FK out of the challenge, and no yellow for Tomlin. As you say, just part of the physical game.