What a joke

Started by St Eve, July 12, 2020, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Palace goal disallowed for handball. Clearly a goal. VAR is useless

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: St Eve on July 12, 2020, 02:27:48 PM
Palace goal disallowed for handball. Clearly a goal. VAR is useless

It's more of a nuisance than with it than without it, it seems.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SP

St Eve

Now Mings should have got a red card

ChesterTheTabby

And now Villa score. Undeserving.

HV71

And the commentators keep going on about how it would have been unfair if Villa had gone in at HT level ! Bias so blatant it's laughable

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HV71 on July 12, 2020, 03:14:50 PM
And the commentators keep going on about how it would have been unfair if Villa had gone in at HT level ! Bias so blatant it's laughable

So unfair... when VAR steals away a Palace goal.

HV71

Freakish making Tom Daley look like an amateur!!

HV71

Tabby

VAR gets redeemed somewhat. But Grealish should have a yellow for that.

john dempsey

ChesterTheTabby

Grealish is a fackin' cheat. I despise him with every ounce of my football-being.

SP

Only saw parts of the game but I'm surprised how lifeless Palace looked, Roy won't be happy with 5 defeats in a row. Perhaps the disallowed goal knocked the wind out of them?

Sgt Fulham

Too little too late for Not Fulham.

[email protected]

It really annoys me how all Sky went on about was the VAR decision from Villa's game against United and they deserved the rub of the green after it all. I wonder how much that influenced the final decision, as it looked incredibly harsh to rule out the goal. Sky 'conveniently' quickly forgot about the VAR decision that went Villas way in their game against Sheffield United a few weeks ago.

YankeeJim

VAR would be good if they'd use it properly. Using it on every slightly questionable play is very disrupting to the match. Especially on the off side calls. Two guys side by side and if the attacker has a slightly longer dingdong, he's off sides.
Why not leave it up to the managers? Give each manger one or two challenges a game. He can challenge whenever he chooses but it counts as a substitution and an occurrence. You could keep the current five subs or three occurrences. The manager must specify what he is contesting and if something is noticed aside from the challenge, it is not called.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bobbo

Quote from: OhConnah on July 12, 2020, 03:33:25 PM
Grealish is a fackin' cheat. I despise him with every ounce of my football-being.
me too. What's even more infuriating is that he's a very good footballer, but the biggest cheat.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HV71

It was such a blatant dive - his arms are down by his side - he stands on the Palace player's foot and then throws his arms up - above his head - and crashes to the floor. I can accept that any 'coming together' can make you fall to the floor but the natural thing would be to stumble and put your hands out in a forward motion to break the fall. You certainly wouldn't thrust them up in the air! He is 100% a cheat - but a 'media darling ' who can do no wrong.
So want Villa to be relegated

cottage expat

If an opposing player farts near him, Grealish will take a tumble.

jarv

VAR has made a few mistakes since the restart. Personally, I hate it. I think if fans were asked they would accept a referee mistake (only human) than someone sitting in a studio taking an eternity to decide the bleeding obvious and get it wrong.