watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Had we won just one more game this season

Started by General, July 11, 2020, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

by and large we have underachieved. i think the key issue was the poor squad as usual
instead of getting decent full backs and a center half we got more lightweights.
hector should have been signed first not as an after thought that we missed out upon.
sess should have been made to honour his contract if the same did not go through at least a week before deadline day
the team is run on amateur lines and we are paying the price now.
we might go up, but i do not think we will, I had absolute faith in the 2018 team, but not this one, it does not have enough guile.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 11, 2020, 10:56:39 PM
Before the season, I posted what should be obvious that getting at least five wins against three promoted teams is essential to getting the 27 wins in a season for required for automatic promotion, but we got one win from those six games. The promoted league one teams have been decent this year, but we had to do better, because a promoted team normally needs four to six double game victories a season.

A win is always 3 points and it doesn't matter against what teams you claim those wins. The essential part is getting enough wins in total, nothing else. If anything, it is more important to beat those teams closer to the top, because that ensure that one of your promotion rivals drops points.

Contrary to what some claim (with no further supporting evidence whatsoever) I believe that the league is stronger than ever (also without further supporting evidence).. Not even the teams at the bottom are push overs, but very capable on their day.

ffcne

11 points dropped to Barnsley 6,Luton 2 Hull 3

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 12, 2020, 06:32:21 AM
Before the season, I posted what should be obvious that getting at least five wins against three promoted teams is essential to getting the 27 wins in a season for required for automatic promotion, but we got one win from those six games. The promoted league one teams have been decent this year, but we had to do better, because a promoted team normally needs four to six double game victories a season.

A win is always 3 points and it doesn't matter against what teams you claim those wins. The essential part is getting enough wins in total, nothing else. If anything, it is more important to beat those teams closer to the top, because that ensure that one of your promotion rivals drops points.

Contrary to what some claim (with no further supporting evidence whatsoever) I believe that the league is stronger than ever (also without further supporting evidence).. Not even the teams at the bottom are push overs, but very capable on their day.

Blackburn getting a draw against WBA, sums this Championship season up. WBA were so poor, their Manager got a yellow card for not giving the ball back.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 12, 2020, 08:27:15 AM

Blackburn getting a draw against WBA, sums this Championship season up. WBA were so poor, their Manager got a yellow card for not giving the ball back.

I agree, it does sum it up. It's a very strong league.

Andy S

No team is going  to role over and let you rub its belly. Even relegation bound clubs are going to have some fight. There are some supporters on here who think there is a magic formulae for promotion. The only one I know is hard work and we have worked hard all season. Some were saying sack the manager a few games back? I'm bloody glad nobody listened as it was never going to be the right answer. It's not a lot of good moaning about what has gone wrong. Look back to the beginning of the season and the club was relegated and in a mess. The powers that be have worked wonders to get us to the play offs. Let's just hope that we can win them

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on July 12, 2020, 09:42:06 AM
No team is going  to role over and let you rub its belly. Even relegation bound clubs are going to have some fight. There are some supporters on here who think there is a magic formulae for promotion. The only one I know is hard work and we have worked hard all season. Some were saying sack the manager a few games back? I'm bloody glad nobody listened as it was never going to be the right answer. It's not a lot of good moaning about what has gone wrong. Look back to the beginning of the season and the club was relegated and in a mess. The powers that be have worked wonders to get us to the play offs. Let's just hope that we can win them

Yep the same 'powers' that got us relegated twice with the familiar '3 managers in a season' routine.

ALG01

IMO what has been an achilies heel all season is the squad and not having hector properly signed on day one.
we desparately needed a good center half that was not a sick note. TK concentrated on bringing others but neglected the central defender role. i heard his interview a few weeks ago and he seeks to justify the unjustifiable. we needed a center half and he didn't sign one, that in the end is the begining middle and end.

If we would have had at least one of the defenders we so desparately needed we possibly would have just kimped over the line with a few more points... there will always be individual games where the team doesn't turn up or the ref gets it wrong, but over the season, especially the first half we were surely lacking.

WindyCity

Auto promo lost during first 7-8 games of the season with many points dropped.  Not to mention that drubbing at CC from bottom table Barnsley.