watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does no ffc fans suit Arter, Bryan & Cyrus

Started by 70sPimlico, July 12, 2020, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I picked up a comment that Arter made recently about how he does his own thing and doesn't listen to some of the ffc fans (might have phrased that slightly wrong) but I certainly took it as he knows some home fans aren't that favourable. Joe Bryan has taken more than his fair share of stick both online and at games and Cyrus really hasn't been taken to the heart of many FFC fans (understatement).

I cant remember the game last season but I remember being at the cottage and the crowd pressure on Cyrus being tangible. He couldn't put a foot right. His touch was awful. It was the closest I have come to car crash football and I felt for him. I remember Boro fans supporting him as FFC fans were giving him so much grief.

I thought against Cardiff, the three of them for the first time, looked like the FFC shirt fitted them. They looked like they belonged.

I get a feeling that, particularly with these three players that we are seeing the real players with no fans.

I really thought they looked great on Friday

We Are Premier League

Arter is a very good championship player and would be good enough for EVERY squad in the league. That said, he would be my 4th choice (close call between him and Johansen) after Reed, Cairney, Onomah...and he is not this good https://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/harry-arter-22674/

70sPimlico

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 12, 2020, 11:01:00 PM
Arter is a very good championship player and would be good enough for EVERY squad in the league. That said, he would be my 4th choice (close call between him and Johansen) after Reed, Cairney, Onomah...and he is not this good https://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/harry-arter-22674/

Maybe I didn't make my point clear enough

Holders

I like Bryan and Christie and have never had a "problem" with them, just as I didn't for Chris Baird.

I must admit to an aversion to Arter after that ignorant tweet(?) he issued but that shouldn't affect my judgement on him as a footballer. He scored that valuable goal and has done well enough otherwise. Can't knock his commitment. I just think Bryan and Christie have a more attractive style of play, but that's the different roles.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dr Quinzel

I think it is also possible to account form. All players have good/bad runs, and really we should judge them over a course of a season, but it is in our nature as fans not to do so.

Even in his best form for us I still don't think of Arter as 'good' and same for the other two, with both of them for different reasons. Bryan I expected more from and have been so disappointed by him. Cyrus fulfills a role well, but I don't think will ever be our first choice right back. Which doesn't mean they're not good squad players, but could be eclipsed by others and maybe are not the best options in an ideal starting 11.

filham

All three have had poor spells but are just now showing signs of improvement.

Christie is now looking very good and I think is probably first choice at right back. Probably the fastest man in the team and his pace is really needed in attack. He initially had a problem in filling the boots of the successful Fredericks.

Bryan didn't live up to initial expectations showing that he was capable of telling defensive errors. He is demonstrating that he has value in attack and looking a little better in defence.

Arter, a hard worker and destroyer in midfield but we were used to our midfielders, like Cairney, Johanson and McDonald ,showing more class and it seemed with these three available plus Reed there was no place for him. Also there is always the feeling that he could pick up cards that are going to leave us playing with ten men.
Arter is now part of the defensive triangle that include Ream and Bryan and it does seem fragile at times and is often targeted by the opponents big strong players. However recent performances by Arter have demonstrated that he is adding to our midfield strength and he deserves his team place.

Us fans need to get behind these three players, our support could help them along.

Andy S

I rarely knock players but I have memories of lots of players being the target of the knockers. It is part of football an£ they have to get on with it but not let it get to them

70sPimlico

Quote from: Andy S on July 13, 2020, 08:56:25 PM
I rarely knock players but I have memories of lots of players being the target of the knockers. It is part of football an£ they have to get on with it but not let it get to them
Players have always taken stick during games but now they get it 24/7 on social media. Some of it is atrocious

We Are Premier League

Quote from: filham on July 13, 2020, 05:49:17 PM
All three have had poor spells but are just now showing signs of improvement.

Christie is now looking very good and I think is probably first choice at right back. Probably the fastest man in the team and his pace is really needed in attack. He initially had a problem in filling the boots of the successful Fredericks.

Bryan didn't live up to initial expectations showing that he was capable of telling defensive errors. He is demonstrating that he has value in attack and looking a little better in defence.

Arter, a hard worker and destroyer in midfield but we were used to our midfielders, like Cairney, Johanson and McDonald ,showing more class and it seemed with these three available plus Reed there was no place for him. Also there is always the feeling that he could pick up cards that are going to leave us playing with ten men.
Arter is now part of the defensive triangle that include Ream and Bryan and it does seem fragile at times and is often targeted by the opponents big strong players. However recent performances by Arter have demonstrated that he is adding to our midfield strength and he deserves his team place.

Us fans need to get behind these three players, our support could help them along.

surely he can't be faster than AK???

RaySmith

The negative vibes directed at  particular players/the team in general, can obviously affect the players, some more than others, so might be a bit of a blessing for some players, and teams, to have no crowd   present, though they all probably miss the atmosphere and support too.

Can be a lot of pressure on players in home games, especially v teams  that are seen as 'easy' wins, like Barnsley for instance - this is where the  'typical banana skin' air of some games comes in.

As far a Arter's remarks - if they are thee same ones as I saw , he said ' I always give my all in games, that's the way i am, and if some don't like it,  tough' I paraphrase, but in the quote i read he didn't mention FFC fans particularly, or any fans.

I suppose players have to  try and ignore negative fan criticism and abuse, often personal, and are probably advised to do this, and to focus on their own game, and I think this is what Arter was saying.