watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactics to win tonight

Started by Bassey the warrior, July 14, 2020, 10:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I would put us outside favourites, it still bothers me that Betts made that massive error costing us the points in the reverse game, but hopefully this will motivate us.

To win, we need to play the same way we did against Cardiff from about 30 mins in, as they started dangerously. We kept it very tight at the back, moved the ball quickly and got players in the box. I'd keep the same line up but swap Arter for Johansen. Cairney is a bit too much of a luxury, but a great sub to bring on to help create chances.

I hope at some point we will see Kamara again, he would be a great addition to bring on as a super sub.

filham

Yes, I agree , we have to again play it tight and show that we are ready for a scrap. Think I would start with Arter and replace him with Johanson on 45 minutes or 60 minutes.

ByTheRiver

Cairney and Kamara are out anyway, Parker confirmed in the press conference yesterday.

I'd keep Arter in and go the same team. Agree about Steff but I feel there must be an issue (fitness, that ongoing knee complaint) that we don't know the extent of, otherwise he would have featured more.

bog

I seem to recall them flying and unbeaten when they came to the Cottage early in the season and us out playing them for 80mins then they being gifted a goal and a point. I have high hopes for 5pm. Did anyone see Bilic's hissy fit at Blackburn?

092.gif   

Fulham Joe

Apologies, but I just have to ask, what is an outside favourite?
I've been a gambler for almost 50 years, and there is no such expression.

filham

Here is a tactical thought. Two years ago we qualified for promotion through the play offs with a very good team and the real strength at the heart of that team was the engine room of Cairney, Johanson and McDonald. Here we are again in a similar position but it looks as if we are going to overlook that engine room for three more effective players in midfield.

Perhaps our recruitment this season has not been too bad.

Facts Not Fiction

Score first. That's all we probably need to do.

rebel

Quote from: bog on July 14, 2020, 01:19:58 PM
I seem to recall them flying and unbeaten when they came to the Cottage early in the season and us out playing them for 80mins then they being gifted a goal and a point. I have high hopes for 5pm. Did anyone see Bilic's hissy fit at Blackburn?

092.gif   

Yep, it was 'hilarious' he would give the ball back. He should of got a straight 'red'. What's the point in giving him a 'yellow'?