watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MLS Cup Final -- Dallas 1 Colorado 2 a.e.t

Started by HatterDon, November 22, 2010, 05:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

What a fun match. What a great antidote to my depression over Fulham's cratering earlier today.

120 minutes of football. Three goals -- all scored against the run of play. A referee bound and determined NOT to show a card [I think it took them pulling a knife or a shotgun to get his attention].

It's really fun to watch a football match that you have no rooting interest in. And how hilarious is it to schedule the final in Toronto in late November.

Feeling better now; bring on the Brummies.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Quote from: HatterDon on November 22, 2010, 05:13:39 AM
What a fun match. What a great antidote to my depression over Fulham's cratering earlier today.

120 minutes of football. Three goals -- all scored against the run of play. A referee bound and determined NOT to show a card [I think it took them pulling a knife or a shotgun to get his attention].

It's really fun to watch a football match that you have no rooting interest in. And how hilarious is it to schedule the final in Toronto in late November.

I dunno, Don. I'll say the first 25 minutes or so were really open and good.

Then Dallas scored and started time wasting.

Then the fans left. Then Don Garber said he's going to further "incentivize the regular season" by allowing everyone to make the playoffs.

Then Stoke City, erm, Colorado scored two absolute garbage goals and ended up winning the title.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

HatterDon

Quote from: timmyg on November 22, 2010, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 22, 2010, 05:13:39 AM

I dunno, Don. I'll say the first 25 minutes or so were really open and good.

Then Dallas scored and started time wasting.

Then the fans left. Then Don Garber said he's going to further "incentivize the regular season" by allowing everyone to make the playoffs.

Then Stoke City, erm, Colorado scored two absolute garbage goals and ended up winning the title.

Eurosnob  :airfix:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

Have been chewing on this thread for a while now...thinking of the right thing to say.  In a word, Disappointed.  FC Dallas are/were the better team but were beat out by a team with thug & slug tactics and a referee willing to allow that style.

I did my best this year to keep up with FC Dallas & MLS, which was made a lot easier by the record Dallas acheived.  Making the playoffs was a credit to the team & the Coach...it'd been too long.  After enjoying the ride though, I began to analyze the playoffs & they're such a farce.  I've become quite disgruntled with Don Garber and his insistence on the East/West thing - it's pointless.  Stick with the balanced schedule and take the Top 8 teams (now 10 - don't get me started on that either) into the playoffs regardless of geographical region.  In fact, Don's theory on the West & East Trophy being great for the fans actually makes the other available trophies less desirable.  The Supporters Shield is a semi-hollow trophy...why have two other hollow trophies?

MLS going with a balanced schedule is great, now if they can just fine tune the way they crown a Champion, I think fans will come...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09