News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Live football at The Cottage next season?

Started by Robbie, July 16, 2020, 01:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Until this virus has gone I will not be going to a pub let alone to the Cottage. Suffolk isn't too bad for rates here but I still have family that have got it!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Whitestone

We're probably about 8-10 weeks away from the new season so not that long. The Covid situation is very fluid so it's difficult to predict where the country will be by then. That said I think there's a will from the government to get life back to normality as soon as it is safe, including the relaxing of social distancing. I'd be more than happy to be a spectator in a stadium if the right measures were in place.

N_O_W_S

My understanding was that obviously social distancing cannot be adhered to.

I think in the Netherlands they have set an initial limit of 25% capacity.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Penfold on July 17, 2020, 10:12:36 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on July 17, 2020, 09:37:44 AM
Going by the current suggestions only every third seat can be occupied unless the group are from the same household in any row, also the row in front and behind will also need to be unoccupied. So only a third of seats in any row occupied multiplied by only half the rows means about 3,333 supporters at each game for a 20,000 capacity stadium, maybe a few more for people from the same house hold. Don't forget no singing or cheering if we score and everyone will be wearing masks.

When you look at the potential numbers allowed in, it will cost the club more in stewarding etc. than they would generate from those spectators.
Agree Penfold.

Statto

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 18, 2020, 05:29:10 PM
Quote from: Penfold on July 17, 2020, 10:12:36 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on July 17, 2020, 09:37:44 AM
Going by the current suggestions only every third seat can be occupied unless the group are from the same household in any row, also the row in front and behind will also need to be unoccupied. So only a third of seats in any row occupied multiplied by only half the rows means about 3,333 supporters at each game for a 20,000 capacity stadium, maybe a few more for people from the same house hold. Don't forget no singing or cheering if we score and everyone will be wearing masks.

When you look at the potential numbers allowed in, it will cost the club more in stewarding etc. than they would generate from those spectators.
Agree Penfold.
Surely if there are only one third the number of spectators, they only need one third the number of stewards, one third the number of burger outlets open, one third the number of gates open etc etc

Although FWIW I still cannot see them opening at one third capacity because it will be sh1t frankly, and also it'll mean the virus remains a threat. It'll be all or nothing IMO.