more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last 3 Championship Seasons...80 points

Started by AnOldBrownie, July 18, 2020, 04:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Khans are doing something right.

We just need them to figure out that pesky premier league.

Thank you on your birthday Mr. Khan.

ChesterTheTabby

Progress. Last time we were here we finished 6th. Now we're between 4th-2nd going into the final game of the season. They're figuring it out.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sting of the North

Quote from: OhConnah on July 18, 2020, 04:03:51 PM
Progress. Last time we were here we finished 6th. Now we're between 4th-2nd going into the final game of the season. They're figuring it out.

Sorry to be that guy, but last time we finished 3rd.  :003:

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 18, 2020, 04:05:14 PM

Crap you are correct! In fact, you're "call outs" of my posts are actually usually spot on, so please keep them coming, I don't want to be spreading misinformation :) I just meant that to get into the playoffs I am pretty sure we ended 6th? I will have to double check. Always respect your input, Sting!

Twig

Quote from: OhConnah on July 18, 2020, 04:09:21 PM

Crap you are correct! In fact, you're "call outs" of my posts are actually usually spot on, so please keep them coming, I don't want to be spreading misinformation :) I just meant that to get into the playoffs I am pretty sure we ended 6th? I will have to double check. Always respect your input, Sting!

No, we finished 3rd I think.

filham

It really looks like our third play off season in the last four years, plus a premier league relegation season. We can't complain of being bored.

Parker has some work to do in the next few days, our usual composure was lost in that second half.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Twig on July 18, 2020, 05:11:28 PM

No, we finished 3rd I think.

Right, looked it up, you're correct, not sure what I was thinking!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on July 18, 2020, 05:12:30 PM
It really looks like our third play off season in the last four years, plus a premier league relegation season. We can't complain of being bored.

Parker has some work to do in the next few days, our usual composure was lost in that second half.

Due to the left side of our defense.   I'll cut them slack since they haven't played together much...but Jacob Murphy only played the second half and it showed how weak we were on that side.   Hell, who knows what might have happened if he'd started the game.

ALG01

why are there so many continual posts about how brilliant things are at the moment
since the khans arrived we have been relegated twice, the first needless mismanagement the second just as ridiculously unnecesary'
we flirted with league one twice
and now we have made the play offs thrice without ever really looknig like we could get automatic promotion
and all that with masses of investment

I think that is underachievement on a spectacular level

and even as thrilled as we would all be for wba annd the bees to foul up and us to go up as second it would not be because we desrve it 9in terms of looking the part

so I think these type of posts serve no purpose. when MAF took over we were in wha is now league one and we just steam rollered our way through because he brought in top class profesional management to run the team and he turned up at games and was visible even when it was going well.
at the minute we have an amateur in charge and the owner never shows up...

If you think this is good, then the bar is set very low from where we started when they got here.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ALG01 on July 18, 2020, 05:43:53 PM
why are there so many continual posts about how brilliant things are at the moment
since the khans arrived we have been relegated twice, the first needless mismanagement the second just as ridiculously unnecesary'
and now we have made the play offs thrice without ever really looknig like we could get automatic promotion

and even as thrilled as we would all be for wba annd the bees to foul up and us to go up as second it would not be because we desrve it 9in terms of looking the part

so I think these type of posts serve no purpose. when MAF took over we were in wha is now league one and we just steam rollered our way through because he brought in top class profesional management to run the team and he turned up at games and was visible even when it was going well.

If you think this is good, then the bar is set very low from where we started when they got here.

They serve a purpose.  You just don't like the purpose they serve. (A counter to your negativity about the ownership)

As a Fulham fan I want the team to be competitive, strive for improvement, and hopefully have an owner that won't settle for them being a mid table championship side.

Apparently that's the Khans.

I'm willing to give them the time to figure it out.  You apparently are not.   Good luck with that.  They aren't going anywhere as long as they keep providing top of the Championship squads.

Correct me if I'm wrong with the following.

The first two years of the Khans ownership they finished 17th and 20th in the championship correct?

Then they appointed TK as DoF...right?

Since that time...three 80 win championship seasons and a premier league relegation..correct?

Not saying the bar has been met...but I'm content right now.  I see growth.

rebel

In both our relegation seasons we've had 3 managers. So if anyone thinks they are doing a great job, they need to think again. Having 3 managers the first time should have taught them something, but no it didn't.

Sting of the North

082.gif

FulhamStu

Errr, not quite a fair reflection in my book.  When Khan took over, the team was hugely under invested in and yes, the Khans did not understand football but I don't think Mo left things in good shape at all.

Our owners have been trying different ideas, Rigg being one and I firmly believe we are in better shape than for a while. 

Investing massively in Craven Cottage and Motspur Park is for the long term and I don't think many owners would have the ability to do half as much as they have financially.

Now I am not saying they have not made big cock ups, but I do think they hold their hands up and try and improve.

Personally I am very happy with our owners and think we are lucky to have them.

Statto

Andy S

Lets look at the now. We will finish in the top 6 today showed the depth we have in the squad. Our manager Scott Parker has a decent set of coaches below him. Since the lockdown we haven't been out played by anyone. Brentford picked up a couple of goals late in the game after we had not taken good chances earlier in the game. It seems we are a very hard side to beat at the moment. If we go up we will deserve to so lets cut out the negativity and support the team