watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav vs Parker Surprising Stat

Started by ByTheRiver, July 23, 2020, 09:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

the thing is with slav's team I had 100% confidence we had a system that workedm suited the players anddesppite the best efforts of our oiwner and his son to sabotage the squad by making use of amateurs, we were totally brilliant. a better more imaginative ownership and we would have walked the division the year we played reading.

with parker we have stuttered and been way to conservative in the manner of play. but aaon the poor squad has doone for him. if the management would have managed to secure two fit center halves and decent full backs we probably would have run away with the league. as it was TK's obsession with lightweight wingers and ignoring the defence has done for us. it is all really that simple, no more no less.

But of the two managers, I would have slav in a heart beat. I like parker, think he has done OK for a first season, expect him to be manager next season come what may, but in slav I trust, he was totally undermined and sabotaged when we were in the prem. our problem is not the manager.

HV71

It's like comparing Audrey Hepburn to Hilda Ogden - I happen to like them both but .....it's simply no contest. Goodnight - in Audrey I trust!

RaySmith

'Moon River, wider than a mile.
I'm crossing you in style,
some day.'

HV71

Hopefully the "style" will come soon , at Wembley, Ray . That would be nice.

Jim©

Quote from: ByTheRiver link=topic=76436.msg1145838#msg1 Wequote author=ByTheRiver link=topic=76436.msg1145838#msg1145838 date=1595528889]
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 23, 2020, 06:58:49 PM
Question.  Based on what we spent for players this season you would say our talent is substantially better than the talent we had on the 17/18 squad?

We had 5 players on more money than anyone else in the league. We had the depth (over stocked and maybe not balanced but look at CM compared to other clubs!). We were top of the wage and budget bill by almost double second place.

To say we haven't underperformed is crazy talk. 

The only crazy talk is see is someone with an exact list of every player in the championship and what they earn. I reckon, purely as a guest that we have one in the top 5.