watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seko fofana scores winning goal for udinese

Started by General, July 23, 2020, 11:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Against juventus. Bulked up and scored quite a good goal. Thought he had potential when he played for us. Wish we put more faith in keeping younger players with talent who come to us on loan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q36zF9KyMnY&feature=onebox

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: General on July 23, 2020, 11:30:17 PM
Against juventus. Bulked up and scored quite a good goal. Thought he had potential when he played for us. Wish we put more faith in keeping younger players with talent who come to us on loan.

We do seem to be a shortsighted club at times.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alfie

Quote from: OhConnah on July 24, 2020, 12:49:37 AM

Why is it always the clubs fault when a player goes, just maybe some players want to go, might be nothing to do with not being selected etc.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

I think that you can find such examples from virtually every club out there. Not every player wants to stay after a loan, not every owner club wants to sell for a price that seem reasonable at the time.

Also, certain players do well under certain circumstances with certain teammates. There is absolutely nothing to say that Fofana would be good enough for us even now, because Serie A is a different beast (not saying better or worse, just different). The same way you could not know if Salah and De Bruyne would have had the same development if Chelsea had kept them.

Don't think we are generally doing too bad with young players though, but the simple fact is that most of them never reaches a level of being consistently good enough for a team aspiring for the premier league.

The Cravenette

Just watched it.  Where were Juve's defence for that first Udinese goal?  And we complain about our defence!!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 24, 2020, 11:15:38 AM

I think that you can find such examples from virtually every club out there. Not every player wants to stay after a loan, not every owner club wants to sell for a price that seem reasonable at the time.

Also, certain players do well under certain circumstances with certain teammates. There is absolutely nothing to say that Fofana would be good enough for us even now, because Serie A is a different beast (not saying better or worse, just different). The same way you could not know if Salah and De Bruyne would have had the same development if Chelsea had kept them.

Don't think we are generally doing too bad with young players though, but the simple fact is that most of them never reaches a level of being consistently good enough for a team aspiring for the premier league.

Yeah, I suppose that's a a fair assessment. Our academy does bring up some wonderful youngsters, but are most good enough for the PL? No. Are most club's academies pumping out PL players every year? No. The average Fulham academy graduate (for the length of their professional career), is probably best suited for the championship level - and that is a huge feat given how difficult of a league it is.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

General

Quote from: alfie on July 24, 2020, 11:00:34 AM

Why is it always the clubs fault when a player goes, just maybe some players want to go, might be nothing to do with not being selected etc.

Who said 'always'... I'm not talking about every player that ever came to the club on loan or was a youth player... I'm talking about Seko Fofana and maybe a few others. Of course some players want to go - I don't think there was any stopping Moussa Dembele, Patrick Roberts etc.

That said - there are a few players that have come to us, who have been young but showed potential - and I'd put fofana in that catergory who clearly wasn't getting game time at Man City and didn't look like he had a career there who was always going to have to find his feet somewhere else (and has subsequently found it at a good level), who if we had put effort into developing and bringing on and made feel welcome could possibly be a player for us.

Sgt Fulham

I liked Fofana when he was with us so I'm glad to see he is doing well. Unfortunately he was here when we had the worst team we had had for a couple of decades and got lost in that. He looked like he had good potential and scored a memorable goal against Huddersfield away where to say we got the rub of the green would be an understatement. Cracking goal!

alfie

Quote from: General on July 24, 2020, 02:57:20 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 24, 2020, 11:00:34 AM

Who said 'always'... I'm not talking about every player that ever came to the club on loan or was a youth player... I'm talking about Seko Fofana and maybe a few others. Of course some players want to go - I don't think there was any stopping Moussa Dembele, Patrick Roberts etc.

That said - there are a few players that have come to us, who have been young but showed potential - and I'd put fofana in that catergory who clearly wasn't getting game time at Man City and didn't look like he had a career there who was always going to have to find his feet somewhere else (and has subsequently found it at a good level), who if we had put effort into developing and bringing on and made feel welcome could possibly be a player for us.
Sorry should have been clear, I was making a comment in general, not specifically you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Penfold

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on July 24, 2020, 01:44:03 PM
Wasn't he online from Brighton ?

I think you are getting this muddled up a la Father Ted. 'Didn't he have a trial for Liverpool, Ted?'... 'No, he was on trial in Liverpool, Dougal'.

Irrelevant, I know. Just love to get a Father Ted bit on here....