watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Jude Bellingham

Started by Tabby, July 23, 2020, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Birmingham have decided to retire Jude Bellingham's number after he left for Dortmund. Might be the most tin pot thing I've ever seen in football.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/bellingham-expresses-his-gratitude/

Wolf

Laughable. They'll soon have players' numbers in the hundreds after retiring the dozen or so outgoing players every season.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Nero

must of got a decent fee that kept the club alive

Slaphead in Qatar

He acted like a ******* when we played them - diving and complaining .

Good player though.

elgreenio

absolutely shocking behaviour this
touch my camera through the fence

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 23, 2020, 07:31:26 PM
He acted like a ******* when we played them - diving and complaining .

Good player though.

Tried to get in Mitro's face at St Andrews. Not a good idea kid. So anonymous that I didn't even notice he was playing tbh.

The Rational Fan

I'm happy to retire number 24, if we can sell Seri for a £20m profit to Dortmund too, or less if Chelsea buys him.

sunburywhite

He was a total clumpable bell end when he played against us

I am surprised his ego can fit in a dressing room
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Ironically all they've done is totally humiliated the lad because this story has made him and them the laughing stock of football right now

Southcoastffc

He only played 40 odd games for Birmingham - hardly legendary.  Good luck to him whatever happens from now on but at this stage he's 'just' another young lad with potential.  Hero or zero? We'll fund out in time.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Huxley

To be fair, when will the next time be that they bring through a POTENTIAL world class player. No for a long time. I quite liked that they had a moment with family and staff to thank everyone involved. Nice touch. I said potential as he has achieved nothing yet to be considered in the elite echelons of football. I bet he wanted to stay, in the old days he would have probably stayed, but football being football, if a chance to play for one of the best side in Europe and also the best for his development crops up, you got to take it. if you look at Sess, was Spurs the best place to develop? No...

love4ffc

Quote from: Nero on July 23, 2020, 07:27:16 PM
must of got a decent fee that kept the club alive
Believe they got a fee worth €23 million, plus add-ons and a sell-on clause.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

General

Bloody hell, another very overly unnecessarily grumpy statement. What's happening on this board. Why can't Birmingham do that?

Firstly number 22 is a bit of a whatever number, secondly the kid may genuinely have an awful lot of talent and birmingham may have high hopes and pride of seeing him join Dortmund who are one of the top clubs in bringing through top young talent. Pulisic, Sancho, Witsel and giving the platform to Haaland too. Let them be.

In many ways it's also potentially quite a interesting way to show appreciation for a youth player and maybe a clever marketing tip to see them maybe be somewhere he goes back to in thanks for giving him his break, letting him leave so early and having been at Birmingham since he was 8!

on top of that the kid was born 30 minutes away from birmingham city centre. What's wrong with being proud of a local boy done good?

For all the players on this list - you have to look pretty hard to find any recognisable names that are still playing... https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Footballers_from_Birmingham,_West_Midlands&from=J

sunburywhite

I have clicked on about 10 so far and they all played for WBA (in some shape or form)

Check out Kyle Perry. He must have played for over 20 clubs. He must have more shirts than Sports Direct
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: General on July 24, 2020, 03:42:40 PM
Bloody hell, another very overly unnecessarily grumpy statement. What's happening on this board. Why can't Birmingham do that?

Firstly number 22 is a bit of a whatever number, secondly the kid may genuinely have an awful lot of talent and birmingham may have high hopes and pride of seeing him join Dortmund who are one of the top clubs in bringing through top young talent. Pulisic, Sancho, Witsel and giving the platform to Haaland too. Let them be.

In many ways it's also potentially quite a interesting way to show appreciation for a youth player and maybe a clever marketing tip to see them maybe be somewhere he goes back to in thanks for giving him his break, letting him leave so early and having been at Birmingham since he was 8!

on top of that the kid was born 30 minutes away from birmingham city centre. What's wrong with being proud of a local boy done good?

For all the players on this list - you have to look pretty hard to find any recognisable names that are still playing... https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Footballers_from_Birmingham,_West_Midlands&from=J

No 22 is a bit of a whatever number?
Watch it mate I was born on the 22nd..lol

mrmicawbers

Initially thought it was a post about the woman in the Bisto add.
RIP.