watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Long throw in from Cardiff

Started by The Swan, July 25, 2020, 09:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Although we beat Cardiff 2-0 after the lockdown. We managed to deal with their long throw in. We did deal  with it by using Rodak as the one to attack the ball every time it came into the penalty box.
I am afraid that the Cardiff players may try to block Rodak from getting to the ball.
The Swan

Andy S

Southcoastffc

Don't play Rodak, that'll confuse them. :023:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Install crash barriers around the pitch?

filham

Surely with such tactics they will be risking yellow cards.

SuffolkWhite

No point worrying about it all, we will go up or we won't. Speculating on everything will just do your head in.

Enjoy the ride.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Usually worry about every game and this one no different. If Cardiff get noses in front they will be very difficult to dislodge, much more difficult than last time around.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

We play to our strengths and let them know who the governors are, we play to our tempo and let them do the  worrying.
Our players will man up and be first and second to the ball. They will think there are 12 or 13 Fulham players on the pitch, that's how busy our players will be all over the pitch.
We will run them off their own pitch on Monday.
We will out pass them,  outplay them,  out run them,  out fight them, out class them, because we have to.
We are far better prepared and equipped to move up into the Premier Division than they are.
As long as we match them for tenacity, desire and belief there will only be one winner.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OtherHodgson

ScalleysDad

From a match prep coaching perspective the answer would seem to be quite simple, don't put the ball out in our third.  The gambles are many. Will hoofing it out with only one outlet simply allow Cardiff to build an attack again, will playing the ball out mean we lose possession in the middle of our third or is there a high risk of losing possession trying to do either/or as Cardiff figure it out and close us down at pace. I would like to think there is a plan involving communication, Hector, Rodak and Onamah eating their weetabix and we are three up before they win a throw in.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2020, 11:16:20 PM
We play to our strengths and let them know who the governors are, we play to our tempo and let them do the  worrying.
Our players will man up and be first and second to the ball. They will think there are 12 or 13 Fulham players on the pitch, that's how busy our players will be all over the pitch.
We will out pass them,  outplay them,  out run them,  out fight them, out class them, because we have to.
We are far better prepared and equipped to move up into the Premier Division than they are.
As long as we match them for tenacity, desire and belief there will only be one winner.   

Under Parker we have no 'tempo', we aren't dynamic, the only time we have shown anything different is against Sheff Wed, then against Wigan we returned to type.

rebel

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 26, 2020, 10:00:50 AM
From a match prep coaching perspective the answer would seem to be quite simple, don't put the ball out in our third.  The gambles are many. Will hoofing it out with only one outlet simply allow Cardiff to build an attack again, will playing the ball out mean we lose possession in the middle of our third or is there a high risk of losing possession trying to do either/or as Cardiff figure it out and close us down at pace. I would like to think there is a plan involving communication, Hector, Rodak and Onamah eating their weetabix and we are three up before they win a throw in.

Look at the last match against Wigan, we lost possession so so easily. Possession is one of our strengths, Cardiff will really press. The reason why it works against us is because we are so 'pedestrian', we don't move the ball quickly. 'Treacle football' at it's best. 

ScalleysDad

True enough. I think theCardiff dressing room only needs one banner, Get at em, and the equivalent in Welsh.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on July 26, 2020, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 26, 2020, 10:00:50 AM

Look at the last match against Wigan, we lost possession so so easily. Possession is one of our strengths, Cardiff will really press. The reason why it works against us is because we are so 'pedestrian', we don't move the ball quickly. 'Treacle football' at it's best. 

Treacle football, that is a good description, let us hope we do not fall into that trap.

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Think Parker will go defensive in the first leg and focus on not trying to concede a goal. I hope he doesn't do this - I think we're a much better team when we have an attacking mindset.

LittleErn

Now this is what Scotty should be saying to our players. I fear he will, instead, say what a hard game it will be and how good Cardiff are!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Nice one Woolly

I read somewhere they tried to cross you with a kangaroo to make a ..................UG
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on July 26, 2020, 02:25:56 PM

Nice one Woolly

I read somewhere they tried to cross you with a kangaroo to make a ..................UG

Oh dear !!

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 26, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
True enough. I think theCardiff dressing room only needs one banner, Get at em, and the equivalent in Welsh.

Surely thats 2 banners
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alfie

Quote from: LittleErn on July 26, 2020, 02:19:27 PM

Now this is what Scotty should be saying to our players. I fear he will, instead, say what a hard game it will be and how good Cardiff are!
Why? How many times have you been in dressing room to know that.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't