more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

25 million plus Onomah for Sess

Started by Big T, July 27, 2020, 09:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 28, 2020, 08:19:04 AM
Isn't this thread the classic example that as much as we all speculate and argue on here about the players, the Manager knows best because he see's the players daily in training where us fans don't.

The likes of Onomah and AK are developing still.

Well done Onomah.

Agreed, of course the manager almost always knows better because he has so much more information. We can judge what we see live or on the screen for 90 minutes, but nothing else that happens for the rest of the week. Most of us don't even bother or have interest in rewatching and analyzing the 90 minutes, meaning that there is likely a high chance that in many cases players are judged mainly on key moments rather than overall performance.

Personally I rarely get to watch the games live, and have to rely on watching it on the telly. This has the slight advantage of replays, but the huge disadvantage of not being able to see much of the defensive shape or off the ball movement. Thus, it is really hard to fairly assess the performance of players.

With that being said, Onomah was great today and finally looked like he clicked with the other midfielders which is something I have seen as his biggest flaw before. I also never understood why so many are so eager to write players off after a few poor performances. It is one thing to state that a player had a poor game, and that you don't want them starting next week for example, but there are always so many posts saying that this or that player is crap and should never pull on the shirt again. People never seem to learn even though time and time again they are proven wrong. I don't expect this to be any different, and the same people will probably just move on to bashing another player instead, because there is almost always someone off form.

rebel

Spurs fans wanting Onomah back. Hopefully that will give him the confidence to do a lot more of that, especially as he's built like a 'wardrobe'. I would of gone for the far post, that's just me.

copthornemike

Onomah, and the obvious influence & support of Scotty, deserve every bit of of praise this morning after last night & recent weeks performances.
Very different to the player we saw early season who was running around with little effect. I do wonder if playing without crowds has been to his benefit & confidence as we must admit some them were giving him obvious grief early on in the season?
Well done Josh - keep up the good work  049:gif 049:gif

filham

Well right at this moment Omoha is doing more for us than Sess is doing for Spurs.
Nice to think of those Spurs fans crying in their beer as they think they may have not done well in a transfer deal with us.

grandad

I can´t see where Sess would fit in now Kebano is on fire. He is no different to Bryan as a FB.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: grandad on July 28, 2020, 05:52:43 PM
I can´t see where Sess would fit in now Kebano is on fire. He is no different to Bryan as a FB.

Except far more potential than either Bryan or Kebano.  Have you forgotten already just how good he was for us?

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2020, 06:44:35 PM

Except far more potential than either Bryan or Kebano.  Have you forgotten already just how good he was for us?
he hasn't played much football in the last two years though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gang

He was only good in the Championship.

Matt10

In Parker's system, a left footed player would be on the right hand side, so if Sess ever came back - I imagine he'd take Knockaert's spot.

Fernhurst

Quote from: gang on July 28, 2020, 06:56:33 PM

Gods Sake, sometimes I get furious at our own fans.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

gang

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 28, 2020, 07:14:02 PM
Quote from: gang on July 28, 2020, 06:56:33 PM

Gods Sake, sometimes I get furious at our own fans.

No good getting furious, unfortunately it's true. He didn't shine in the Premiership.

Big T

Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2020, 06:44:35 PM

He's not playing at Tottenham for a reason, he's just not good enough at the highest level I'm sorry to say, he was terrible in the prem when we got promoted, runs into nowhere, I'm not sure he's got what it takes to become a top player

Onomah on the other hand has everything
Strength, skill, class etc. etc.

Fernhurst

Maybe all he needs is the manager to put his arm around him as SP did with Josh. Could see Ponch doing it but not Jose. The boy won every award possible during his time with us, did anyone expect an eighteen year old keep us up in The Premiership?
Let's revisit this after Josh's first half season in The Prem.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Let us not get too carried away, Onomah looks good right now but really we are judging him only on our ten Championship games since Lockdown when the whole team has been on pretty good form.

Tabby

Might be worth remembering that Onomah is 23 as well. And if you want to judge Sess on not playing at Tottenham, I shudder to think what you think of Onomah who spent two seasons in the Championship looking pretty average before joining us and having a rough start of it.

And it is getting a bit ridiculous when we've gotten to the point of dismissing an 18 year old player for not carrying a Premier League team.

Woolly Mammoth

We did a Daniel Levy on Daniel Levy with that deal.
Definitely came out winners. We may at some stage in the future even get Sess back in a cut price deal. In the meantime we are the ones benefiting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Tabby on July 29, 2020, 12:01:03 AM
Might be worth remembering that Onomah is 23 as well. And if you want to judge Sess on not playing at Tottenham, I shudder to think what you think of Onomah who spent two seasons in the Championship looking pretty average before joining us and having a rough start of it.

And it is getting a bit ridiculous when we've gotten to the point of dismissing an 18 year old player for not carrying a Premier League team.
Thank goodness for a classy comment after all the dross.

I have been sceptical about Josh Onomah since his arrival and a very good performance against Cardiff doesn't alter that by much.  It does encourage me to believe that he has something else about him that Scott Parker and Mike Wells may have already seen but it doesn't change anything.  It is just one episode of a series that hopefully runs for many seasons.  What amazed me about Josh on Monday night was just how well he made that goal by outfoxing three stalwart Championship defenders and then a reasonable 'keeper.  If he can keep doing that in the matches he plays then he becomes his own man.  Frankly any comparisons with Ryan Sessegnon are odious since they are at different stages of their respective careers and I wish them both all the very best because football can be a lousy career choice for some youngsters. 

SuffolkWhite

I think we should back our players more especially at the cottage, and I wonder how many players venture into a forum like this and read the pessimism that often flows.

Don't get me wrong it's fine to state someone had a mare of a game and was subbed or the system didn't work but the abuse some get at games or on here is mad when they are wearing the FULHAM shirt.

My two pennies anyway.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

LVBPTS

the Sess deal has an element of the Zaha to Man Utd deal back in 2013
i can see it happening with young Sess and i for one would be thrilled to have him back. you cant deny his ability, what he did for us, what he feels for the club and he is ONE OF OUR OWN
Spurs are notorious for scooping up ypung talent and then developing somewhere, i would guess, at 20% of them into what they could be. Sess i see is just another of the 80% that they will discard. his potential is still there and just needs the right club/ manager to be back on track
i can see Sess out on loan next year and then possibly being sold back to us for a fraction of the price we sold him for a year later when there is 12 months on his contract left and Jose hasnt used him....
just a prediction
and lets not forget, he was one of the brighter lights in a dismal premier league campagn. its not fair to say he was awful etc
Supporter since 2000