more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oliver Skipp/ Harrison Reed

Started by JEEVES, July 28, 2020, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

Clutching at straws here but couple of rumours just dropped:

Fulham and Southampton apparently interested in Oliver Skipp who is a defensive midfielder:

https://tbrfootball.com/report-southampton-want-spurs-oliver-skipp-on-loan-fulham-lead-race/

Southampton.. are you insane? You already have an unreal DM in Harrison Reed on your books..

Please go ahead and steal the Skipp transfer from us I'm begging you. I'd do anything to make Reed a perm! Who's with me on this one!?

The Swan

I agree with you. When we got promoted we lost another Southampton player called Targett. Who signed for Villa.
The Swan

HV71

Right Ho Jeeves! I should cocoa !

filham

Reed has proved himself for us over a season and is a zero risk signing. Surely he is now top of our wanted list.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on July 28, 2020, 10:48:40 PM
Reed has proved himself for us over a season and is a zero risk signing. Surely he is now top of our wanted list.

Top of mine.   Great team player, good #6.    Not even worried about injuries.

I seriously doubt Spurs are going to loan us a player.  SERIOUSLY doubt it.

The Rational Fan

Harrison Reed could be far out of our price range, and he could be a bad investment over five years if too expensive.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 29, 2020, 12:33:14 AM
Harrison Reed could be far out of our price range, and he could be a bad investment over five years if too expensive.

What a load of Conkers, you have been found guilty of reminiscing again. You being the man who was happy to see millions wasted on the flops Zambo and Seri who found it below their station to play for Fulham in the Championship, in fact they were not that interested in playing for us in the Premier League, great team men I think not, and they owe us millions for being too milky.
Whereas Harrison Reed is a players player and would run through a brick wall and come out fighting on the other side. Zambo and the light weight Seri wouldnt even bother to get their shorts dirty. They had their opportunity far more than others did and disappointed.
Let's not go down that bumpy road again, we want players with a strong mentality which they do not possess. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

And you can of course say that about every future potential transfer, so it's kind of saying nothing unless there is more context. Also, it is quite likely that a transfer fee has already been agreed but may depend on our league status for next year.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 29, 2020, 02:20:06 AM

And you can of course say that about every future potential transfer, so it's kind of saying nothing unless there is more context. Also, it is quite likely that a transfer fee has already been agreed but may depend on our league status for next year.

True, buying Harrison Reed unless you know the price is crazy. If the transfer fee was agreed for Harrison Reed and it was only a little more than Knockaert's, I have no doubt we would have already bought Harrison Reed. My guess is Harrison Reeds transfer fee could be considerably more than Matt Targett's fee, we cannot afford that much in this league for a player that is frequently injured qnd hasn't proven himself at the next level.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 29, 2020, 02:30:28 AM

True, buying Harrison Reed unless you know the price is crazy. If the transfer fee was agreed for Harrison Reed and it was only a little more than Knockaert's, I have no doubt we would have already bought Harrison Reed. My guess is Harrison Reeds transfer fee could be considerably more than Matt Targett's fee, we cannot afford that much in this league for a player that is frequently injured qnd hasn't proven himself at the next level.

TRF permission to have a word in
your shell like ear. It is important to look at the wider picture, Harrison Reeds warrior quality's alone is worth its weight in gold. If Fulham have any genuine ambition which I reckon they do have then they will push the boat out and sign him as he fits like a glove into Fulham system of play, and Harrison Reed will pay back that investment far quicker than the flops you have been found guilty after a full investigation of idolising.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hongkongfulham

Imagine this is exactly the case - and Reed eluded to as much in a recent interview. He needs to make the career move now after 3 years in the championship, and it seems clear that he prefers to be playing premier league football with us if the situation allows. If and when we go up (positive here lads), I am almost certain we will see the announcement of HR as a permanent member of the ranks soon thereafter - and what a coup that will be.