News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“Mitrovic” start him or bench him on Thursday if he’s fit ?

Started by Big T, July 28, 2020, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Start or bench?

Start
12 (38.7%)
Bench
19 (61.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Big T

Tough Tough question
Who'd wanna be his manager and tell him he's not starting ?

Me personally I'm leaning towards "Bench"

Yes he is our highest goal scorer but there's no denying we are playing better without him

fulhamben

Bench. The time to risk him was last night, he wasn't needed. Makes even less sense to risk him now we have a two goal cushion
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

I saw nothing from Bobby DR to think he doesn't drop to the bench of all people. I think Mitrovic walks back into the squad and that's our only change. Maybe Bobby Reid for Knockers even?

All of that is predicated on Mitro being fully fit. If there's even the slightest doubt, bench him unless we need him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: OhConnah on July 28, 2020, 03:00:11 PM
I saw nothing from Bobby DR to think he doesn't drop to the bench of all people. I think Mitrovic walks back into the squad and that's our only change. Maybe Bobby Reid for Knockers even?

All of that is predicated on Mitro being fully fit. If there's even the slightest doubt, bench him unless we need him.
kamara should start

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2020, 03:02:05 PM

kamara should start

Yup, you're right. I was just coming back to say that. Spot on. Forgot about AK given his absence.

Big T

Hmmm and I've seen nothing in Mitrovic for a while to think he deserves to start either,,,,,

BDR runs his arse off and creates room and space all over the pitch, it might not be so noticeable but trust me he's a grafter

fulhamben

Quote from: Big T on July 28, 2020, 03:05:05 PM

Hmmm and I've seen nothing in Mitrovic for a while to think he deserves to start either,,,,,

BDR runs his arse off and creates room and space all over the pitch, it might not be so noticeable but trust me he's a grafter
he might be a grafter, but he's a terrible lone striker. Kamara should surely get the nod

Big T

I like Kamara on the right
And maybe that's the missing link as Mitro plays better when Kamara's on the pitch

fulhamben

Quote from: Big T on July 28, 2020, 03:13:48 PM
I like Kamara on the right
And maybe that's the missing link as Mitro plays better when Kamara's on the pitch

this is certainly true imo. And I also like kamara on the right, but I'm a bigger fan of actually playing a striker up top. So if mitro is injured kamara should start

RaySmith

A lot of crosses, particularly from Kebano, who was able to create space, and beat the defender, something we've
craved, went across the box, and there was no-one there to get on the end of them and put them away , as we  began to pose a threat, and i was wondering where our goals would come from, and it did take  two examples of sheer genius to score, though we had other chances - Carney's shot for example- but I did think we missed Mitro's presence up front, particularly in the first half.
He is also good  at defending set pieces, with his heading, though Hector and Ream coped very  well last night.

AK is definitely someone who could play instead, but I think  Mitro should start, with all his experience, with AK on the bench.

ChesterTheTabby

Great discussion lads. I'll admit, BDR is a workhorse in his own right - but when he's playing the striker position we basically play with a False 9. Really need a striker up top to focus some of our passes and crosses towards.

sunburywhite

Also dont forget the defensive work Mitro does especially with their long throw ins
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Big T

Quote from: RaySmith on July 28, 2020, 03:18:01 PM
A lot of crosses, particularly from Kebano, who was able to create space, and beat the defender, something we've
craved, went across the box, and there was no-one there to get on the end of them and put them away , as we  began to pose a threat, and i was wondering where our goals would come from, and it did take  two examples of sheer genius to score, though we had other chances - Carney's shot for example- but I did think we missed Mitro's presence up front, particularly in the first half.
He is also good  at defending set pieces, with his heading, though Hector and Ream coped very  well last night.

AK is definitely someone who could play instead, but I think  Mitro should start, with all his experience, with AK on the bench.
True but he's not played much opposed to BDR who's been playing lots of games

There's no bigger Kamara supporter then me BUT last thing you want him doing is coming back and getting a red or doing something silly as we all know he's a live wire and sometimes not to be trusted

You never know what your gonna get from him and that's part of his charm but just not sure if this is the correct time to gamble,,,,,,
If you know what I mean 

AnOldBrownie

I knew this question would come up.

Bench (or as someone pointed out) have him be a sub for the game.

I love having a #9 with a ton of work rate.   

The next game is all about keeping Cardiff from scoring 2 goals.   It would be nice if we could put up two more ourselves, but even if we don't score Cardiff HAVE to score at least two.

Let Mitro rest...but have him come off the bench when needed.

Mitro's height would be something nice to have to defend their set pieces...but I think exhausting the Cardiff players by having them chase around BDR would have a greater impact.

4 games without Mitro, 4 wins.    If he's needed he can come in at the 60 minute mark and run his ars off.

hongkongfulham

A lot depends on how risky the injury is, but to not even include him on the bench must be some indication of severity. If he is able to get on with minimal risk then I say do it as he has missed a decent amount of football with suspension and could really do with a goal to propel us to the final. Similarly, I imagine Cardiff will have to play with a high press and so being able to go long to him will be very handy top curb the risk of playing through the lines. Tony Knock also gets a start based on his work rate which is vital in these types of games, so unfortunately BDR drops to the bench for me. Kamara remains an impact sub as he just hasn't had enough football in him to warrant a start in recent times.

grandad

If 100 % fit I would play Mitro but with AK47 on the right. Bench for BDR & Knockers. I would also start with Stef Jo & bench Cairney. We will need to absorb a lot of early pressure & Stef Jo gives a bit more as a DMF. If Cardiff do press in numbers Kebano & AK47 can use their pace for quick counters to exploit the gaps.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 28, 2020, 03:36:54 PM
Also dont forget the defensive work Mitro does especially with their long throw ins

That is right, Mitro would earn his keep defending those long throws and other set pieces. Ried is just not a success as a lone striker, more useful in a wide right role instead of Knock.

The only reason to leave Mitro on the bench is to ensure he avoids injury for a possible final but we can only safely do that when we are sure of winning the semi final and that is not the case with just a 2-0 half time lead.

cottage expat

Bench. Bring him on later if needed. Also, if he's not fully fit, better to save him for Wembley.

Finnans Right Peg

Leave him on the bench if you can not risk him on a monday night you can not risk him on a thursday night play the same team except start kamara  up front his speed will frighten the life out of cardiff and they will leave loads of space for him to run into

Whitestone

A fully fit Mitro is a nailed on starter and so he should be with his record this season. If there are doubts about his fitness thats a different matter.