https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

cardiff First goal

Started by ALG01, July 31, 2020, 01:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Well it should have been disallowed
not even close to being reasonable
rodak was totally impeded and if VAR would have been in use it would not have been allowed.
I noted that they did not employ that tactic again because I suspect they knew the ref had been made awar of his error by our team.

I loath that referee, I always have. In the first game we did get the rub of the green with the officials, we didn't last night, if they didn't quite have 12 men, they certainly had 11 1/2....  he was looking at Josh being stampped on, but not even a booking... I hope the wembley ref is even handed, we will need him to be.

LVBPTS

i touched on the Josh incident in another thread. i cant believe how it was allowed to pass by and he surely will get a three match ban?
Supporter since 2000

Statto

Brentford are unlikely to use those filthy, cynical tactics IMO

bog

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2020, 02:03:39 PM

No they wont, to their credit they do play good football. Bring it on!!

092.gif

JoelH5

Their manager on the other hand...
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ALG01

Quote from: bog on July 31, 2020, 02:06:04 PM

No they wont, to their credit they do play good football. Bring it on!!

092.gif

I do agree it doesn't seem to be their style but they are reprehensible in their sly cheating ways. Their manager showed what a lowlife he is chucking the ball into the dugout and provoking the swansea player...vanarama kicking the ball away, in a very cynical manner, there was plenty of iritating stuff going on at brentfordbut not quite the hatchet stuff.

rebel

I wouldn't be so sure. I thought they were 'cynical' at times against Swansea in the second leg.

Woolly Mammoth

Brentford can put it about when they want to.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

You'll never see a CB dive and writhe around as much as Brentford's Jansson, he's a master of the dark-arts. Their manager is a pretty unlikeable bloke too- that ball throwing away was petty in the extreme. I really really hope he's got his angry hurt face on at the end of the final.
Back to our game v Cardiff- why did Rodak even touch the throw in?
I too think it was firstly a foul throw and secondly a foul on him (check out the look Ward gave the lino after his "foul").
I thought the ref was very odd last night, that booking for Hector for winning a header one of the strangest.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Rodak touched the ball over because he could not be certain that it had not touched a player on the way through.

grandad

For their 2nd goal Tomlin was way off side when the header was made. The lino should have flagged straight away.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Old Count

Quote from: grandad on July 31, 2020, 03:19:31 PM
For their 2nd goal Tomlin was way off side when the header was made. The lino should have flagged straight away.
Cardiff we're lucky both goals were allowed.

The Cravenette

Quote from: rebel on July 31, 2020, 02:11:17 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. I thought they were 'cynical' at times against Swansea in the second leg.

Josh holding onto the ball last night was pretty comical and earned him a yellow card

sarnian

No problem with the goal. If Rodak's save had gone straight to Tomlin it would have been offside. The fact that Hector had the next touch after Rodak which played Tomlin onside.

The first goal however started from a foul throw as the players feet were not not behind the touch line. Then from the corner as highlighted on Quest TV Rodak was blatantly fouled and Ward was offside after the header blocking the keepers view.

ffc73

If a Cardiff player is allowed to be called a little sheepish Ward was just that as he ran away from Rodak.  Camera caught him having a quick look and not believing his luck the neither ref or linesman had blown up for his fouling / impeding Rodak.

bobbo

If mitro can get a red card and three match ban (rightly so) after the game is done and dusted how come the ref and the Lino can get away with an appalling mistake , considering the finicky other decsions he made yet missed the big one . Either cowardly or incompedant , why is it so one sided and he gets no reprimand or punishment.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Arthur

Quote from: sarnian on July 31, 2020, 03:57:06 PM

No problem with the goal. If Rodak's save had gone straight to Tomlin it would have been offside. The fact that Hector had the next touch after Rodak which played Tomlin onside.

Absolutely agree. No mistake at all on the part of the officials.

Bill2

Agree about the first goal and was saying that at the time, clear foul on the keeper. Generally I thought the ref was poor and gave some decisions to Cardiff I just could not understand. One in particular was the free kick when Hector and the Cardiff player clashed heads, both were looking at the ball both went from a basically standing jump and clashed heads. Ref blew up after a few seconds and I thought it was due to the clash and possible head injury, then he gave a free kick to Cardiff. Can somebody please explain that one to me.

Arthur

I'll try to guess how the referee saw it:

Imagine if the ball had been played along the ground and Hector was just about to kick it clear when, at the last moment, a Cardiff player nipped in ahead of him and Hector, albeit, unintentionally, ended up kicking the Cardiff player instead - thus fouling his opponent. It could be that the referee applied the same interpretation - only Hector was using his head rather than his foot.

Andy S

There are a lot of reasons why it can favour us and a lot why it could favour Brentford.
For Fulham Cairney would love to repeat his goal of 2 years ago. Fulham have a lot more players with experience of the big day. No team will want to concede the first goal. If you sit back we will be in the driving seat. If we score it might be pressure but it won't be easy. It should be a good game. Brentford will know what it feels like to blow it at the last knockings