watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Respect to Neil Harris and Cardiff

Started by KingofCheese, July 30, 2020, 10:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

His interview afterwards made me think that, hopefully after we get promoted, they will get promoted next year. A really decent and intelligent manager in my opinion.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

ChesterTheTabby

I think his psychology during and after playoffs are so uniquely different. No doubt a competitor and he was doing some in-playoff trash talking, but he wanted every chance for his team to get at us, both verbally and on the pitch, and Cardiff deserve respect (except Bennet for that stamp). Tough, intelligent, resilient, and gutsy. They'll be a force next season if they can keep generally the same squad and have Harris at the fore of management.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

KingofCheese

Quote from: OhConnah on July 30, 2020, 10:31:40 PM
I think his psychology during and after playoffs are so uniquely different. No doubt a competitor and he was doing some in-playoff trash talking, but he wanted every chance for his team to get at us, both verbally and on the pitch, and Cardiff deserve respect (except Bennet for that stamp). Tough, intelligent, resilient, and gutsy. They'll be a force next season if they can keep generally the same squad and have Harris at the fore of management.

Agreed!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: bobbo on July 30, 2020, 10:31:44 PM
He was very honest

Yes - I suspect that Cardiff will do well under him. I like Cardiff as a City and I like the Welsh so...good luck for next year..unless we don't beat Brentford!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Sgt Fulham

Always liked the guy as a manager, though perhaps not for Fulham. He tried everything in his locker but in the end he usually makes some fair comments. Similar to Mick McCarthy in a way. Compared to Warnock he seems like Guardiola anyway, and I'm glad he is generally moving them away from that grubby cynical side. They will be a better team for it.

ffc73

Cardiff are very good at what they did tonight.  The best in the league at it.  Relentless onslaught, forcing us to go long when we are ill equipped to.  Especially with Mitro unavailable.  Harris is trying to change Cardiff style to more footballing but they reverted to type tonight and we simply could not handle it.

We just could not get the ball down onto the ground and for once I was screaming for Parkerball, inane sideways and backwards passing going nowhere but keeping the ball away from the opposition. 

Fair play to them tonight.  Cardiff did a job on us and deserved their win.  Mightily relieved that we hung on.

KingofCheese

Quote from: FFC73 on July 30, 2020, 10:59:18 PM
Cardiff are very good at what they did tonight.  The best in the league at it.  Relentless onslaught, forcing us to go long when we are ill equipped to.  Especially with Mitro unavailable.  Harris is trying to change Cardiff style to more footballing but they reverted to type tonight and we simply could not handle it.

We just could not get the ball down onto the ground and for once I was screaming for Parkerball, inane sideways and backwards passing going nowhere but keeping the ball away from the opposition. 

Fair play to them tonight.  Cardiff did a job on us and deserved their win.  Mightily relieved that we hung on.

Me too - it isn't easy supporting FFC.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

RaySmith

I didn't think w'd make it, that they'd be bound to score another, and win in  extra time, but well done to the lads for standing up  to be counted, and battling it out, and  coming out on top.

Showed great mental strength form players and manager, as well as  not succumbing in a physical battle, where we weren't allowed to play our normal game.

Well done Cardiff too - they  did number on us and it nearly worked out, but I  didn't like their cheating tactics, of  conning the ref for free kicks all the time, and   taking out our players.

General

They gave it absolutely everything tonight, threw the kitchen sink and some, had their tactics well thought through, long throws, brought on pace in second half - they have a strong squad.. and in fairness deserved to win the match today but not the tie. and I think whilst they did lose, they're in a rebuilding job like us and Harris will secretly be happy he's beaten us as we were his bogey team of sorts.

It's a fair overall result and two games, our possession stats were also pretty consistent, but we will have to do a lot better at Wembley to win, otherwise we could be on the end of a hiding. Will try and do a deep dive analysis of Brentford on the weekend. Did well considering Cavaleiro, Mitro and Arter weren't even part of the squad (cav only second leg).

One thing we HAVE to work on is our set pieces - freekicks and corners. We wasted so much control of the game today in either giving them away or aimlessly hoofing the ball across goal or into the box with no real intention.

SP

Judging from his post match comments he also has a gift for predicting the future.

FFC1987

I appreciate its not popular and a lot of people dislike both Harris and Cardiff, but we share a lot in common, especially recently as fans so I hold mutual respect for them. We've had a lot of ups and downs together and know all too well the pains of relegation's, poor managerial appointments etc. I will say I'm still jealous that we haven't experienced an automatic promotion slot in recent years, something I really wanted this year. But hey ho. Wish them all the best next year.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2020, 11:16:04 AM
I appreciate its not popular and a lot of people dislike both Harris and Cardiff, but we share a lot in common, especially recently as fans so I hold mutual respect for them. We've had a lot of ups and downs together and know all too well the pains of relegation's, poor managerial appointments etc. I will say I'm still jealous that we haven't experienced an automatic promotion slot in recent years, something I really wanted this year. But hey ho. Wish them all the best next year.

I don't mind them as a club but I do think that in the last few years they've had an excessive amount of thugs in their team and played poor football under Warnock and now Harris. If Harris is changing that, fair play to him, but they need to get rid of the likes of Morrison (and Bennett really) and stop relying on long-throws, blocking the keeper and other goals from set pieces, before they'll become likable. Stop committing so many fouls and stop the manager coming out with silly underdog/"wounded animal"/"why didn't anyone lay a glove on Onomah" comments as well.

bog

Quote from: FFC73 on July 30, 2020, 10:59:18 PM

+1. We played our game on their ground and won then they played their game on our ground and won. A very good semi final. Good luck to them next season.   

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2020, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2020, 11:16:04 AM

I don't mind them as a club but I do think that in the last few years they've had an excessive amount of thugs in their team and played poor football under Warnock and now Harris. If Harris is changing that, fair play to him, but they need to get rid of the likes of Morrison (and Bennett really) and stop relying on long-throws, blocking the keeper and other goals from set pieces, before they'll become likable. Stop committing so many fouls and stop the manager coming out with silly underdog/"wounded animal"/"why didn't anyone lay a glove on Onomah" comments as well.

I agree, I put in the bad managerial appointments bracket of my comment. Clearly they've gone down the path of anti football.

JoelH5

Neil Harris is a moron. He only shut the fck up as they went out.. Should have heard him after the first game and about Forest too.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Ara's bacon crisps

Think he went right off us when we strung together 934 passes and played his Millwall team off the park earlier this season. Got the impression he thought we were taking the mickey and it riled him.

Andy S

They are not one of my favourite clubs but they deserved to be where they were in the league. They battled well but for me the fouling of the keeper for their goal shows me that they are not deserving oh promotion