watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Elm

Started by LRCN, February 09, 2010, 08:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

What a shame he isn't a bit quicker. apart from his pace he does look like a good forward. good touch, intelligent, good in the air, decent technique too (the shot he had from the edge of the area where the ball was caught under his feet was really nice actually, alot of curl on it somehow, similarly a nice reverse pass he made against bolton which both stick in the mind). He looked good against bolton with some nice zamora-like layoffs and the same thing today. when I saw him play the chelsea stiffs despite scoring two goals including a lovely curler from the edge of the area I wrote him off. But fair play to him, give him a new contract roy. And let's hope we can get rasmus or viktor to join him. Or maybe even both!

as for the game I don't know what everyone was worried about. burnley are the most average side in the league, even less quality than hull, who are above them only thanks to a bit of luck and their work rate. Talking about luck, how nice is it to get 3 offside goals go for us in a row. Almost makes up for stoke and blackburn and etc etc.

LRCN

Oh, also, dickson etuhu. he is in general very underrated, we miss him when he's not in midfield as much as I like baird and dikgacoi. Playing really well tonight, but he needs to watch it after picking up a yellow card. In general the ref's been really good tonight but the linesman's been quite bad at both ends (both against burnley too)

Lighthouse

Both played well today. Etuhu I thought was great breaking up play until the booking then he stood off a bit. Elm I like but not sure how deep he needs to play. Playing in the Gera role behind BZ for much of the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobby01

I thought Elm did some good things but he seems to be on his heels all the time, perhaps a lack of match sharpness.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FatFreddysCat

Looked ok, but then again Burnley are crap.