watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The pressure is all

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 31, 2020, 07:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Brentford's.... we will be the underdog on Tuesday..... Hope Brentford like the pressure pot, because the news will be all over them leading up to the game.

Have they played at Wembley before, that alone is an occasion

SuffolkWhite

We are definite underdogs and don't forget Brentford have beaten us twice this season, so let the media have a field day!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Not only are we 'under dogs', we are 'no dogs', that's what the betting odds tells me.

No 'dogs' were harmed in the making of this post.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

you are all barking mad (sorry i couldn't resist)

ChesterTheTabby

I mean, come on guys, just throw them a bone.. they've done well this season (also could not resist) 😄
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Classic94

Make no mistake. The pressure is all on them. Bottled the chance of automatic promotion, media darlings and already beaten us twice this season. Brentford are big favourites... let's see how they deal with the pressure.

Ged

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 31, 2020, 07:54:50 AM
Brentford's.... we will be the underdog on Tuesday..... Hope Brentford like the pressure pot, because the news will be all over them leading up to the game.

They have played in 3 play off Finals two at Wembley  and one at the Millennium Stadium losing all three

rebel

Brentford and Fulham both won their play - off matches 3 - 2 on aggregate. 

willesdenwhite

You can get Fulham at almost 3/1 at william hill.

Worth a few quid COYW!

Jim©

Brentford have lost 3 out of the last 4 matches.

Statto

Quote from: willesdenwhite on July 31, 2020, 02:33:09 PM

Worth a few quid COYW!

Ridiculous odds considering we have the better players and are guaranteed to dominate possession.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2020, 04:10:39 PM

Quote from: willesdenwhite on July 31, 2020, 02:33:09 PM

Worth a few quid COYW!

Ridiculous odds considering we have the better players and are guaranteed to dominate possession.

Reminds of a bet, me and a mate placed with a Bookmakers on Romario (Brazil) scoring, a long time ago. We thought we couldn't lose. Well he wasn't even in the country. We'd placed it weeks ago, before the line up was announced.
It's as 'ridiculous' as that, so embarrassment getting the money back.

Arthur

I see two fairly even-looking line-ups until I compare wingers. Kebano and Mbeumo are perhaps on a par (albeit on different wings) but the difference between Benrahma and Knockaert seems stark to me. I don't doubt that Knockaert will be trying hard but I struggle to think he will have anything like the same impact on the game as the Brentford guy.

If we are likely to have an edge anywhere, it will be midfield. If Cairney and Onomah play to their best, we should be able to put Brentford under longer spells of pressure than they can us. But even if we do, Brentford's counter-attacking ability means that we must carry some consistent threat of our own; more so than against any other opponents, we can't afford to let our spells in possession of the ball simply fizzle out for the lack of anyone to attempt to do something incisive.

Carborundum

Those odds sound ridiculous.  The teams are evenly matched.  Finished within a whisker of each other. 

Just how evenly matched the playoffs are is evidenced by the results of the semi finals. All four teams were P2 W1 D0 L1.

Enfield

Quote from: Carborundum on July 31, 2020, 09:31:32 PM
Those odds sound ridiculous.  The teams are evenly matched.  Finished within a whisker of each other. 

Just how evenly matched the playoffs are is evidenced by the results of the semi finals. All four teams were P2 W1 D0 L1.

We are not evenly matched. Sky want Bentford in the Prem, not us because we are a threat to the establishment. They will instruct the ref to act accordingly, free kicks for non fouls ,awarding non penalties, and if that fails one or two of our team will be sent off.
This is confirmed by the fact that Sky were able to get a completely justified sending off revoked in just one day. And also confirmed by the actions of the ref last night by ignoring the holding of Rodak for the initial goal and allowing constant foul throws by Cardiff , the throwers foot encroached onto  the pitch constantly. Free kicks were awarded around our area continuously in the second half for non-fouls , for example when Hector headed the ball away and the Cardiff player made contact with Hector after the ball had gone.
Sky would have preferred that Bentford played Cardiff and not us.
The odds are stacked against us and theres no way we will be able to overcome Sky's bent ref.  I only hope we will be able to gain enough video evidence to es-pose  the injustice following our defeat and sue for adequate compensation.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Ged on July 31, 2020, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 31, 2020, 07:54:50 AM

They have played in 3 play off Finals two at Wembley  and one at the Millennium Stadium losing all three

Is that current players

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Enfield on July 31, 2020, 10:05:59 PM

We are not evenly matched. Sky want Bentford in the Prem, not us because we are a threat to the establishment. They will instruct the ref to act accordingly, free kicks for non fouls ,awarding non penalties, and if that fails one or two of our team will be sent off.
This is confirmed by the fact that Sky were able to get a completely justified sending off revoked in just one day. And also confirmed by the actions of the ref last night by ignoring the holding of Rodak for the initial goal and allowing constant foul throws by Cardiff , the throwers foot encroached onto  the pitch constantly. Free kicks were awarded around our area continuously in the second half for non-fouls , for example when Hector headed the ball away and the Cardiff player made contact with Hector after the ball had gone.
The odds are stacked against us and theres no way we will be able to overcome Sky's bent ref.  I only hope we will be able to gain enough video evidence to es-pose  the injustice following our defeat and sue for adequate compensation.

I too enjoy fanciful conspiracy theories 😂 well said though!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Carborundum

Quote from: Enfield on July 31, 2020, 10:05:59 PM

That's me told them!  Think I'll still bother to watch.  You know, just in case like.

Fulham Joe

QuoteWe are not evenly matched. Sky want Bentford in the Prem, not us because we are a threat to the establishment. They will instruct the ref to act accordingly, free kicks for non fouls ,awarding non penalties, and if that fails one or two of our team will be sent off.

But don't forget, Horse and Hound magazine want Fulham to win, and they will have two bent linesman working for us on the day, so we've still got a chance.