watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro Last Night.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 31, 2020, 08:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Sitting in the JH Stand he was constantly up and down from his seat(watch the injury lad) shouting encouragement to the lads..
I think he's more than happy here if we go up or not.
Hopefully I'm guessing correctly.

Andy S

I think he was being saved for Tuesday

Bassey the warrior

He will definitely leave if we don't go up, even though he likes it here. I can't bear seeing him go to play for Gollum (Moyes).

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Andy S on July 31, 2020, 08:31:44 AM

If he was up and down from his seat as mince says then his injury cannot be that bad. But are we a better team without him ?

Tabby

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 31, 2020, 10:33:26 AM
Quote from: Andy S on July 31, 2020, 08:31:44 AM

If he was up and down from his seat as mince says then his injury cannot be that bad. But are we a better team without him ?

Something that is missing without him is an easy out ball. You can trust Mitro to be able to knock it down to a midfielder. Bobby tries, but he is a head shorter and a few stone lighter.

Mitro would also have been a huge help defensively yesterday.

Lighthouse

We are less of a threat and we miss his height in both areas. The foul on our keeper for their first goal is something Mitro would happily do in the opposition area. I do understand the argument but as a threat Fulham need to play him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

One of the commentators last night indicated that defenders prefer to defend against the likes of Mitro because he is more static, but with someone like BDR is hard as he is little, quick and all over the place.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on July 31, 2020, 10:51:20 AM
One of the commentators last night indicated that defenders prefer to defend against the likes of Mitro because he is more static, but with someone like BDR is hard as he is little, quick and all over the place.

He's entitled to that opinion but I think if every CB was asked who they'd rather defend, Mitro of Reid, there would only be one outcome. Now, someone like Kamara could fit in that bracket though as I do appreciate whats being said, but Reid just doesn't scare defenders in that sense.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2020, 11:12:31 AM

He's entitled to that opinion but I think if every CB was asked who they'd rather defend, Mitro of Reid, there would only be one outcome. Now, someone like Kamara could fit in that bracket though as I do appreciate whats being said, but Reid just doesn't scare defenders in that sense.

I can see where you are coming from with those two specific players, even though I don't think it's that clear cut as you seem to believe. From an anecdotal point of view I played mostly as a CB in my career, and even though I was quite fast and quick (for my low level) I much preferred a match up against more static forwards every day of the week. It was much more stressful to be up against players that constantly drifted around with the type of intelligence that Reid has on the pitch. Again though, I see why with Mitro in particular most would want to avoid him. 

H4usuallysitting

If fit - I'd start him with AK....we could then go short or long

Whitestone

Slav surprised us and started Kamara in the final 2 years ago. Will Scott do the same. I hope so. Kamara and Mitro work well together.

toshes mate

Kamara is blossoming nicely and shows in every opportunity he gets to play just how good he may one day become because of his natural skill.  He is also very difficult to defend against once he gets up to speed.  BDR may not like playing on the wings but he relies on others getting defenders out of shape in order to create opportunities for him when playing as a striker.   Kamara may have less stock of experience but that also makes him a difficult player to plan how to play against.  It just depends on Parker's tendency to play those with whom he feels he shares more affinity with, a common problem with inexperience.

filham

Parker now suggesting that Mitro will be fit for Tuesday night. The worry is now Kebano.

I think a Kebano Mitro Kamora strike force could cause  a little fear in the Brentford defence.

Hatch007

I'm in my late forties now but in my early teens playing CF, I was never that tall so always preferred the ball in to feet. My dad always said about the opposing CBs, "make 'em sweat, son, and let 'em know they've been in a game".

Never forgotten that and always judged CFs' effectiveness by their performance as much as their goals and assists. Mitro makes CBs sweat most games and I'd hate to mark him.

In the two Play-off semi-final legs against Derby 2 years ago, Curtis Davies had Mitro in his pocket in the first leg. In the second leg, Mitro was on fire and Davies had no answer.

I bet if you ask any Brentford fan who they'd rather see up front for us on Tuesday it would be BDR everytime.

Mitro, for me, has to play if he's fit for what he gives us in both penalty boxes.

sunburywhite

Was Arter and Cav there watching or does this show how much Mitro loves the club?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 01, 2020, 11:42:13 AM

I'm in my late forties now but in my early teens playing CF, I was never that tall so always preferred the ball in to feet. My dad always said about the opposing CBs, "make 'em sweat, son, and let 'em know they've been in a game".

Never forgotten that and always judged CFs' effectiveness by their performance as much as their goals and assists. Mitro makes CBs sweat most games and I'd hate to mark him.

In the two Play-off semi-final legs against Derby 2 years ago, Curtis Davies had Mitro in his pocket in the first leg. In the second leg, Mitro was on fire and Davies had no answer.

I bet if you ask any Brentford fan who they'd rather see up front for us on Tuesday it would be BDR everytime.

Mitro, for me, has to play if he's fit for what he gives us in both penalty boxes.

My coach out here growing up (also Fulham vet Tony Sealy for you older lads) said the exact same thing. Run a defender all game and you see how many top strikers get goals in the last 10 minutes.

I would be very very suprised if Mitro isnt on for the ginal. The game is worth too much to the club and so they will 100% risk a one month injury post game

Hatch007

My coach out here growing up (also Fulham vet Tony Sealy for you older lads) said the exact same thing. Run a defender all game and you see how many top strikers get goals in the last 10 minutes.

I would be very very suprised if Mitro isnt on for the ginal. The game is worth too much to the club and so they will 100% risk a one month injury post game
[/quote]

Chrikey now there's a player that evokes fond, personal memories for me.

As a birthday present in April 1985 I was Fulham's match day mascot.

We beat Grimsby 2-1 and I seem to recall Tony Sealy scored both our goals

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 01, 2020, 12:08:21 PM

Chrikey now there's a player that evokes fond, personal memories for me.

As a birthday present in April 1985 I was Fulham's match day mascot.

We beat Grimsby 2-1 and I seem to recall Tony Sealy scored both our goals
[/quote]

haha wow! Nice connection :)

Hes still a really good guy. I grew up and played with his son Jack growing up who was at one point the only English player in the Chinese Super League.

Tabby

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 01, 2020, 11:47:55 AM
Was Arter and Cav there watching or does this show how much Mitro loves the club?

Cav was on the bench. Arter was somewhere in the stands I assume.

General

Quote from: filham on August 01, 2020, 10:06:27 AM
Parker now suggesting that Mitro will be fit for Tuesday night. The worry is now Kebano.

I think a Kebano Mitro Kamora strike force could cause  a little fear in the Brentford defence.

I'd be more confident having those three. As you say they're all looking sharp or are dangerous to the point you wouldn't relax in the same way.. you'd be kept on your toes.