more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Help needed!

Started by bog, July 31, 2020, 01:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bog on August 01, 2020, 10:23:47 AM
It's the silly old sod again. I am going for the £9-99 for a day. Can someone tell me if I can stipulate the day now? 

Thanks again, thicko bog
I'm pretty certain you can buy it in advance and invoke it on whichever day you wish.  So, subject to confirmation by others who may have bought one recently, don't use it to view before THE day.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 01, 2020, 01:25:54 PM
It's the silly old sod again. I am going for the £9-99 for a day. Can someone tell me if I can stipulate the day now? 

Thanks again, thicko bog
I'm pretty certain you can buy it in advance and invoke it on whichever day you wish.  So, subject to confirmation by others who may have bought one recently, don't use it to view before THE day.

Thanks for your trouble.  :54:

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bog on August 01, 2020, 01:42:36 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 01, 2020, 01:25:54 PM

Thanks again, thicko bog

Thanks for your trouble.  :54:
My daughter, who has bought Now TV day passes previously, confirms that what I've said is correct and has already bought hers for Tuesday, but will not activate it until then.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on July 31, 2020, 06:09:25 PM
Theory has it you could use a VPN service, for example I use NordVPN in the states.

From there you can access the web from any country on their list (you select a server to channel your internet traffic through), say for example the US. With a monthly subscription to ESPN for 5 bucks, you can then log onto the espn site as though you were watching from the US.

I have managed this to access UK sites from the States that were previously out of reach for me when they used an IP lookup to verify location, and also verified the same when using my own site that records IP addresses accessing certain pages whilst 'logging on' from different Countries.

Obviously someone else on here would be better to provide the full tech details, but that's it in a nutshell.

I do exactly the same Tony, using NordVPN   I paid $120 for 3 years
Also "Daddy Live"  seems to show virtually every game anywhere in the world + every major sport
eg: I watched most of the England vs West Indies although I can't find any games for Romney Marsh Rovers.
IFollow is another source, I think they have a contract with the EFL and also show 2nd and 3rd divisions

As someone said, you do have the risk of buying and Russian Bride and need to 'dodge' the popups.

Casting my mind back, I think it was you who told me about all this stuff s few years ago, all perfectly Logical
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bog

Amazingly I have managed to get a Nowtv stick thing and bought a voucher which I will use on Tuesday.  COYW!!

Thanks for all who offered help to this thick old sod.   :54:

092.gif

Southcoastffc

Let's hope it was money well spent.  049:gif

Twig

Quote from: bog on August 01, 2020, 03:21:03 PM
Amazingly I have managed to get a Nowtv stick thing and bought a voucher which I will use on Tuesday.  COYW!!

092.gif

Wow Bog, 21st century stuff!

bog

Quote from: Twig on August 02, 2020, 12:40:19 AM
Quote from: bog on August 01, 2020, 03:21:03 PM

092.gif

Wow Bog, 21st century stuff!

Yes! Unlike my 1960's wardrobe.... :022: