watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Help needed!

Started by bog, July 31, 2020, 01:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Does anyone know how i can buy to see the game on TV next Tuesday please?

092.gif

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

Wish I could help you Captain, luckily I have two Grandsons who are forever rectifying my fat finger mistakes.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SuffolkWhite

I will be in a bloody tent in a bloody field so it will be the radio in the car I think  :012:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Ged

Quote from: bog on July 31, 2020, 01:17:26 PM

092.gif
Now TV if you have a smart TV or Tablet its £10 for the day or hesgoal on a tablet or computer its free but a little bit of refreshing the page needed during the game

bog

Quote from: Ged on July 31, 2020, 01:52:44 PM

092.gif
Now TV if you have a smart TV or Tablet its £10 for the day or hesgoal on a tablet or computer its free but a little bit of refreshing the page needed during the game

Thanks. I do have a smart TV I would prefer that way. How do I get on that? 

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 31, 2020, 01:38:37 PM
Wish I could help you Captain, luckily I have two Grandsons who are forever rectifying my fat finger mistakes.

I rely on my two son in laws as my walnut size brain goes on shrink down.... :022:

Ged

Quote from: bog on July 31, 2020, 02:08:18 PM

092.gif

Thanks. I do have a smart TV I would prefer that way. How do I get on that? 
you have to download the now tv app from the app store

Southcoastffc

092.gif
And if you use hesgoal you can get a russian bride to watch the game with you.  :033:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 31, 2020, 02:49:05 PM

092.gif
And if you use hesgoal you can get a russian bride to watch the game with you.  :033:

Oooh.... over two legs? :022:

Peabody

Dunno if this will help bog but I have been able to watch a lot of Fulham games, I was told about an APP call Live Sports. You generally get a range of English games, mostly Premiership but so far all of the play off games have been shown, so I am quite confident Bharat game on Tuesday will be on the menu. Oh yes, it's free. It is called LIVE SPORTS+

bog

Quote from: Peabody on July 31, 2020, 03:04:00 PM
Dunno if this will help bog but I have been able to watch a lot of Fulham games, I was told about an APP call Live Sports. You generally get a range of English games, mostly Premiership but so far all of the play off games have been shown, so I am quite confident Bharat game on Tuesday will be on the menu. Oh yes, it's free. It is called LIVE SPORTS+

Thanks Peabody I will try. I like the word 'free'. Would this be watched on my computer? 

Logicalman

Theory has it you could use a VPN service, for example I use NordVPN in the states.

From there you can access the web from any country on their list (you select a server to channel your internet traffic through), say for example the US. With a monthly subscription to ESPN for 5 bucks, you can then log onto the espn site as though you were watching from the US.

I have managed this to access UK sites from the States that were previously out of reach for me when they used an IP lookup to verify location, and also verified the same when using my own site that records IP addresses accessing certain pages whilst 'logging on' from different Countries.

Obviously someone else on here would be better to provide the full tech details, but that's it in a nutshell.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

I watched the two semi finals  on Now TV using my Samsung Smart TV. Logging in for the first time wasn't straightforward ,( nothing that involves modern technology is easy for me) you get access to Sky Sports Channels for 24 hours. at a cost of £9.99. I did the tuning in a couple of times during the day to ensure I had the hang of things before the match and once set up it was a doddle. Good reception, no transmission breaks, just half time adds and Sky pundits who seem very pro Brentford just now.

LittleErn

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 31, 2020, 01:42:18 PM
I will be in a bloody tent in a bloody field so it will be the radio in the car I think  :012:

IF you've got a smart phone you can watch it on that. You would need a 4G or 3G signal on your phone which will depend which field you are in (or a connection to the camping site's WiFi if they've got one). If it's the 3G/4G connection then you also need a reasonable amount of data unused on your phone plan. Then you need to download the NOW TV app and create an account. (You can do that any time from anywhere so don't leave it too late to get it set up.) Once you've set up your account you open the app and click on the three lines at the top left. You need to buy a day pass for Tuesday. I have never used the app on a phone but only from a PC so I'm not sure how you buy a pass using the phone (I've had a quick look but can't see it). Perhaps someone else can tell you. It is possible that you have to set up the account and buy the day pass via a PC in advance but I don't know. Then on the day and time of the match you open the app, click on sports, and then (I think) it's "Watch now". Ideally I would sit in your car with the engine running and your phone on charge. Good luck.

Twig

Quote from: bog on July 31, 2020, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: Peabody on July 31, 2020, 03:04:00 PM

Thanks Peabody I will try. I like the word 'free'. Would this be watched on my computer? 

Come on, it's a final, must be worth £9.99 to see it on your TV in UHD rather than some cr4ppy laptop feed?

HV71

Twig is right Bog -  has to be worth if and no more expensive than Fulham Tv match pay / view. Totally understand how complicated it can seem but plenty of time to get your kids to sort it out . You , of all people, have to be there - the white wall still exists -get initeithFernhurst and the rest of us ! COYW!

bog

Quote from: HV71 on July 31, 2020, 10:18:11 PM
Twig is right Bog -  has to be worth if and no more expensive than Fulham Tv match pay / view. Totally understand how complicated it can seem but plenty of time to get your kids to sort it out . You , of all people, have to be there - the white wall still exists -get initeithFernhurst and the rest of us ! COYW!

You are so right Twig. The white wall doesn't even need any pointing yet!  049:gif

bog

It's the silly old sod again. I am going for the £9-99 for a day. Can someone tell me if I can stipulate the day now? 

Thanks again, thicko bog

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: LittleErn on July 31, 2020, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 31, 2020, 01:42:18 PM

IF you've got a smart phone you can watch it on that. You would need a 4G or 3G signal on your phone which will depend which field you are in (or a connection to the camping site's WiFi if they've got one). If it's the 3G/4G connection then you also need a reasonable amount of data unused on your phone plan. Then you need to download the NOW TV app and create an account. (You can do that any time from anywhere so don't leave it too late to get it set up.) Once you've set up your account you open the app and click on the three lines at the top left. You need to buy a day pass for Tuesday. I have never used the app on a phone but only from a PC so I'm not sure how you buy a pass using the phone (I've had a quick look but can't see it). Perhaps someone else can tell you. It is possible that you have to set up the account and buy the day pass via a PC in advance but I don't know. Then on the day and time of the match you open the app, click on sports, and then (I think) it's "Watch now". Ideally I would sit in your car with the engine running and your phone on charge. Good luck.

Thanks Little Ern, I will check it out .
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"