watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Supporters of the two teams

Started by Andy S, July 31, 2020, 11:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

We don't usually get involved with slagging off opponents but sometimes I see it on here from the other side. May be there is more respect for each other's clubs I hope it stays that way

Fernhurst

More rivalry due to close proximity but generally not toxic.
Got more to say on this subject, however, we are all aware how these MB's are read and individual posts put on their boards...... so for now.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WhiteJC

I think, well its true for me anyway, that there's very little animosity towards Brentford, probably because we, over the decades, haven't been in the same league too often?
It's my understanding that "most" Brentford supporters don't like Fulham, much the same as most Fulham supporters don't like Chelsea? I'm guessing that Chelsea supporters think of us the same way we (I, the "Royal we") think of Brentford, and that's not much at all really? I've far more animosity toward QPR & Chelsea, Brentford doesn't really appear on my radar, even if they beat us on Tuesday for me they'd still be meh.

ChesterTheTabby

I honestly have no problem with Brentford - especially this year, they're no one's mugs and they play really nice football. None of the long ball and thug tactics of yesteryear. If they beat us properly at Wembley, with nice flowing football, best of luck to them! Proper, dedicated fanbase too, like our own.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SP

I think it would've been great fun with plenty of banter if the supporters were attending. Their last playoff final was on Sky recently & Brentford took 30,000 fans. I'm sure they'd have sold out for this one though.

bog

Quote from: OhConnah on August 01, 2020, 12:45:25 AM
I honestly have no problem with Brentford - especially this year, they're no one's mugs and they play really nice football. None of the long ball and thug tactics of yesteryear. If they beat us properly at Wembley, with nice flowing football, best of luck to them! Proper, dedicated fanbase too, like our own.

+1. When at school I recall their forward double act of George Francis (father of Gerry) and Jim Towers. 

Andy S

Peter Gelson was a sports master at my school as was Rodney Marsh I doubt if players do such a thing these days

SuffolkWhite

It could be the last derby for a while with one of us going up. I think the comment above about us and Chelski does apply to Brentford to.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Dr Know

Quote from: SP on August 01, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
I think it would've been great fun with plenty of banter if the supporters were attending. Their last playoff final was on Sky recently & Brentford took 30,000 fans. I'm sure they'd have sold out for this one though.
Was that the game v Yeovil in 2013 ?  Attendance was 41,955 and Yeovil took almost 20,000 ! I remember watching most of the game at the Liberty stadium , Swansea , where ffc won 3-0 !

HV71

No problem with them at all unlike the other 2 teams in relative proximity

SP

Quote from: Dr Know on August 01, 2020, 12:00:55 PM
Quote from: SP on August 01, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
Was that the game v Yeovil in 2013 ?  Attendance was 41,955 and Yeovil took almost 20,000 ! I remember watching most of the game at the Liberty stadium , Swansea , where ffc won 3-0 !

I think it was so my maths must be wrong.  Even so, 20,000 is good by their standards I expect. 

Fulham 442

Quote from: whitejc on August 01, 2020, 12:36:03 AM
I think, well its true for me anyway, that there's very little animosity towards Brentford, probably because we, over the decades, haven't been in the same league too often?
It's my understanding that "most" Brentford supporters don't like Fulham, much the same as most Fulham supporters don't like Chelsea? I'm guessing that Chelsea supporters think of us the same way we (I, the "Royal we") think of Brentford, and that's not much at all really? I've far more animosity toward QPR & Chelsea, Brentford doesn't really appear on my radar, even if they beat us on Tuesday for me they'd still be meh.

I agree with this post and sums up my feelings well, especially the last sentence!  I never really thought about Brentford much but have come into contact with a couple of their supporters in the not too distant past and the vitriol spewing from them once they realised I was a Fulham fan was incredible!  I have posted before that I don't have a problem with Chelsea, mainly due to the fact that my mother's side of the family were all, and continue to be Chelsea fans. 
However I have always disliked QPR and I can't see that changing any time soon!!

Holders

I've no problem with them at all as they've normally been a division or two below us I've never seen them as rivals, more like the poor relations down the road. Rather summed up by the time they visited us shortly after Micky Adams (peace be upon him) got the sack and became their manager. They crammed the penalty area with 10 or 11 players for most of the game, determined not to lose. If I remember rightly, Paul Pesch scored in the last minute or so.

The above is not intended to be patronising, I'm quite glad that they're looking at better times now and playing some decent football. They can go up with pleasure to the PL - but not till next year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sgt Fulham

QPR fans make me cringe. Brentford are alright. Little bit of small man syndrome but they are a well run club with a loyal fan base. Much prefer them to teams like Burnley that add very little in terms of entertaining football.

Andy S

I don't have a problem with any other team until we play them. Then I want to win and win well

Twig

I like Brentford, it's actually my closest football league club. However I was always going to be a Cottager. My father and his four brothers were fanatical FFC supporters and from a very young age I was destined to be FFC.
But when Fulham were playing away I often watched Brentford (or occasionally even Chelsea!). I have always enjoyed the real sense of community around Brentford's ground and that includes several very decent pubs!