watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan...has impressed...

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 01, 2020, 02:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

since we've come back.   YES, he didn't close out on that goal that Wigan scored.   Michael Hector chewed him out about it.

He's been steady.

I've given him stick all season, but I think he's solidified himself as the #1 LB. (for now)

Odoi is a good backup...and MLM is an ok #3 option...but I'm ok with Joe holding down the left.

Make sure Cyrus is on the right though.

ChesterTheTabby

Agreed. He's our #1 LB. Next season, regardless of league... strengthen his position or keep him? I'd keep personally. Love me some JoBry. Questionable about starting in the PL though, if we make it passed Brentford.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

rebel

Going forward and crossing, has fallen short overall in recent times.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on August 01, 2020, 08:09:10 AM
Cause he's focused on actual defending. That's a FB main responsibility.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 01, 2020, 04:31:01 PM

Yes, but he's provided 8 assists for Mitro, the team needs him to go forward and cross.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on August 01, 2020, 04:40:49 PM

Yes, but he's provided 8 assists for Mitro, the team needs him to go forward and cross.

Which will feed into Brentford's defense.

Crosses aren't going to help us beat them.   Last two games against them, no goals from crosses.  No goals against Leeds from crosses.   

We need to stop relying on crosses, unless Mitro is distraction and we're trying to set up another player on the back post.

Finnans Right Peg

If kebano is not fit bryan needs to be on the wing with odoi at left full

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 01, 2020, 08:40:38 PM

Crosses aren't going to help us beat them.   Last two games against them, no goals from crosses.  No goals against Leeds from crosses.   

We need to stop relying on crosses, unless Mitro is distraction and we're trying to set up another player on the back post.

We also scored no goals in any other way in those games, so it is a strange argument against crosses in particular.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 01, 2020, 11:17:04 PM

We also scored no goals in any other way in those games, so it is a strange argument against crosses in particular.

There is a concerted effort to get crosses into the box when we play with Mitro, and I'm saying it's been ineffective against the top tier teams in the Championship.    We need to figure out something different.   I'd much rather build up from the middle of the pitch and allow our FBs to focus on defending and not letting the attacking team get uncontested crosses into our box.

St Eve

Unfortunately he is not good enough for the premiership if we make it

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 01, 2020, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on August 01, 2020, 11:17:04 PM

There is a concerted effort to get crosses into the box when we play with Mitro, and I'm saying it's been ineffective against the top tier teams in the Championship.    We need to figure out something different.   I'd much rather build up from the middle of the pitch and allow our FBs to focus on defending and not letting the attacking team get uncontested crosses into our box.

Maybe that's down to the standard of crosses put into the box. There has been no consistency. We either have 'good crosses' where nobody attacks the ball or bad crosses where everyone attacks the ball, but can get nowhere near it, because it's a bad cross.