watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalties

Started by Kimbleman, August 01, 2020, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbleman

God help my blood pressure should it happen on Tuesday evening but who's the preferred choice pen takers and do you think they should all watch this video first.... https://youtu.be/od-dwl1QCbQ

Andy S

Not Cairney He would have hit the corner flag

The Rational Fan

Statistically, according to transfermarkt our best penalty takers are Reid, Cav and Kamara as they all have scored 85% of penalties; I guess Parker rates Mitro as best that is just below them and Kebano has scored 8 penalties in his life but missed a couple too. The difficult what is to end the game with enough top penalty takers, because all our good penalty takers are forwards. We need a midfielder, but most of them only have 66% or worse.

Kimbleman

So given we can make up to five substitutions during the match (in three 'in game' exchanges we may (if we use the non counting half time to make changes) be able to re-use anyone taken off (who's a good pen taker) to come back on again (as a player taken off can be re-used as a substitute just before extra time ends). Thus as long as we use say no more than three during the game (and use the half time as one of the seal-overs) there might be a case of re-subbing a previously subbed player back on in the dying minutes of extra time if that player is a good penalty taker??? The new rules might make this worth thinking about. Even if it were just one (say Mitro was subbed in the game but comes back on to bang in a penalty).
I think with the likely close call on this match thinking strategically (bit like F1) might be worth thinking about.....or am I talking bollox????

Kimbleman

My phone's predictive text made a dog's dinner of my post above.... apologies....I did get a grade A O-level honest I did 😂

Woolly Mammoth

Penalties are not out of the question.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kimbleman

Which is precisely why the guys should all be receiving penalty taking guidance and practicing daily for this possible outcome. Same goes for our keepers (saving not taking obviously).

rebel

We need to get it 'done and dusted' in the 90 minutes if possible. The Play Offs are a lottery, then extra time becomes a brutal lottery, then down to the worst, the penalties are the ultimate lottery. 

fulhamben

If it does go to penalties, then I hope Parker brings on Betts. He has a phenomenal goal to save ratio for a keeper
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rebel

Quote from: fulhamben on August 01, 2020, 01:58:57 PM
If it does go to penalties, then I hope Parker brings on Betts. He has a phenomenal goal to save ratio for a keeper

Won't happen.

fulhamben

Quote from: rebel on August 01, 2020, 02:17:00 PM

Won't happen.
penalties or that Parker would bring on the best keeper to be in the shoot out?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

I'm sure the game will be decided before we get down to penalties. Let's not think we are getting two hours of football and all will be level

rebel

Quote from: fulhamben on August 01, 2020, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 01, 2020, 02:17:00 PM

Won't happen.
penalties or that Parker would bring on the best keeper to be in the shoot out?

Both.