watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never tell me the odds...

Started by Brawn, August 01, 2020, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

With Bet365 (who I'm with and use once in a blue moon as I'm not a betting man), the odds make for very poor reading:

After 90 minutes:
Brentford Evens
Draw 12-5
Fulham 11-4

To get promoted:
Brentford 8-15
Fulham 6-4

Yeah. Not great.

Andy S

The odds mean nothing on our day we could beat anyone in that league. Is Tuesday going to be one of those days who knows. Not even us who watch the club every week

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on August 01, 2020, 10:50:30 PM
The odds mean nothing on our day we could beat anyone in that league.

We can. But so, I guess, can Brentford. The odds suggest that 'our day' hasn't come along as frequently this season as has our opponents'.

ex-Pat

We will not beat Brentford, been saying it all along,,they  are to strong going up the middle. Hope I'm so wrong,very much doubt it.

The Rational Fan

Who are we kidding, they are not terrible odds, we have a more than a 30% of being in premier league this time next week. Brentford will probably outplay us, but who wins at the end of the day is a lottery.

rebel

The key to winning the match, is moving the ball quickly (Brentford will do that), not being one dimensional in attack (Brentford will do that), make good use of possession (Brentford will do that) and take the opportunities (Brentford will do that). The big question is can we match up and do better? I think so, I'm going for a Fulham win.

rebel

The odds of Arsenal beating Chelsea were similar, so quite meaningless.

Robbie

Perfect scenario, we are the underdogs..... 
All of the pressure is on them

The Rational Fan

Anyone can beat anyone in the championship; Brentford and Fulham records are almost identical this season. Fulham have beaten the best team of the season Leeds and lost to the worst team of the season Hull. No doubt Fulham can win.

rebel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 02, 2020, 07:55:47 AM
Anyone can beat anyone in the championship; Brentford and Fulham records are almost identical this season. Fulham have beaten the best team of the season Leeds and lost to the worst team of the season Hull. No doubt Fulham can win.

That is true, but Brentford has been prolific in front of goal, every time they go forward you feel they could score. With us it really is 'hit or miss'. The other difference is both sides could be in possession of the ball in the opposition half, Brentford will try to mount an attack, we on the other hand will try to protect the ball, instead of looking for forward options, the ball would be passed back deep into our own half. One of those is counter productive. 

filham

Sure Brentford look the more likely winers but remember that last match when they beat us was pretty close, it could have gone the other way.
We just need to find a way to score and Kamara and Kebano could be our surprise weapons.

tigs

The odds favoured Chelsea yesterday.. in football you never can tell (still feel sick.. but TBH - we were thrashed every week in the Prem - and it was nicer to at least win some!!)

BestOfBrede

Many thought we would lose to Villa at Wembley too

toshes mate

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 02, 2020, 12:43:43 PM
Many thought we would lose to Villa at Wembley too
That is most certainly true.  I was the only one in a bunch of five of us who believed FFC would win against Villa.  The group is now 3-2 split and two of us have changed minds once already.  Much depends on who turns up on Tuesday night on both sides of the equation.  I simply wouldn't bet on the outcome even if I could afford to lose the money.