A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Sess back on loan?

Started by N_O_W_S, August 05, 2020, 09:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you take Ryan Sess on loan for a season?

Yes
120 (52.9%)
No
63 (27.8%)
Depending on permanent signings
44 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Voting closed: August 06, 2020, 09:25:51 AM

bog

rebel

No, purely because, he hasn't had much game time with Tottenham, previously in the Prem with us he was out of his depth. Just those reasons, I know he's young, learning etc. 

hongkongfulham

he's one of our own - always welcome back

The Rock

It's a difficult one. If he had continued to get experience it would have helped. He basically hasn't played in a competetive match in a year and left to rot.

I'd think he could pick up where he left off, but it might take time we don't have for that to matriculate for price paid.

Mince n Tatties

Not good enough...Hyped up,we got the better deal with Josh...But this discussion we've had before,and I suppose it will pop up again...Wish him the best.

gang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2020, 01:55:38 PM
Not good enough...Hyped up,we got the better deal with Josh...But this discussion we've had before,and I suppose it will pop up again...Wish him the best.

I agree Mince, he came, he played, he moved on; so should we.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: gang on August 05, 2020, 02:13:57 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2020, 01:55:38 PM

I agree Mince, he came, he played, he moved on; so should we.

Unfortunately I agree as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Steeeeeeeeeed

Big T

No where close to being good enough for premier league level, he was terrible for us in our promotion year, runs into know where And was totally found out

He left for Spurs and that's where he belongs
On the bench

WolverineFFC

I said no. He is not a quality enough wide player in the Premier League which is where the club would need him.

I see a lot of similarity between him and Onomah. Most of Onomah's playing time as a youngster was out wide for Spurs. It took getting older, stronger and a manager who saw where his skills lie to place him in the middle of the park where he has flourished. I think Sess is going to end up as a central midfielder as well when all is said and done.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2020, 09:31:32 AM
No, he hardly lit the prem up for us last time and we are well covered in that area. So we either bring in a massive upgrade on what we have which he is not. or trust what already there. Imo
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Big T on August 05, 2020, 10:05:18 PM
No where close to being good enough for premier league level, he was terrible for us in our promotion year, runs into know where And was totally found out

He left for Spurs and that's where he belongs
On the bench
Have to agree.

Andy S

I would bring him back spurs have not been good so I would bring him back with no guarantee of a starting place 

Brawn

I would do it, personally. And I would also think about seeing if we can't get Lazar Markovic back.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riverside on August 05, 2020, 09:53:17 AM
I watched the video of the play off and Wembley in 2018
Ryan was involved in all 3 goals

He was never flashy but had the end product - assists and goals - that our wingers do not have ( except Kebano in the last few weeks )
And he combined brilliantly with Mitro

I the premier league he was OK under Joka and then again under Parker .
He looked like a lost school but with Ranieri

So yes I would take him back to play as a narrow wing
Not as a LB
Agree with this post...and I agree that we need a winger that plays better with Mitro.  I don't think sess is the answer.  I'd rather roll the dice with Ryan Babel

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Deuce

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-want-tottenham-hotspurs-ryan-sessegnon-on-loan/307104/

QuoteBarcelona are also keen on Sessegnon as his ability to also play in attack and his huge potential have caught their attention

First Séri, now Sess. Apparently we're beating Barca to the punch yet again  :022:

f bloke

SP likes his widemen inverted and he played Sess on the right a few times at the end of last season. There are a few players who can thrive playing inverted, Duff being a good example, but most struggle since they are too easy to read unless going on the outside with their weaker foot is a credible option.  However I have never seen one of our  widemen struggle as much as Sess when played inverted. He looked totally lost. I wouldn't even consider it if the intention was to play him inverted.  Even if played on the left, I'm not sure. Unless he regains the ability to be in the right place at the right time to score his tap ins, I don't think his on the ball skills are good enough for this level

Twig

Absolutely I'd take him back. Unlike a Babel he's still developing, still learning and getting physically stronger. Sadly Babel is going in the opposite direction, he will be 34 in December and time waits for no man.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deuce on August 06, 2020, 06:54:59 AM
https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-want-tottenham-hotspurs-ryan-sessegnon-on-loan/307104/

QuoteBarcelona are also keen on Sessegnon as his ability to also play in attack and his huge potential have caught their attention

First Séri, now Sess. Apparently we're beating Barca to the punch yet again  :022:

Pie in the Sky,I should think Barca have half a dozen kids in their academy better than Sess.

Mince n Tatties

Radio saying he could come back here,also Forest and Portsmouth looking at the situation.