watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next seasons captain

Started by The Swan, August 07, 2020, 09:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

He has been outstanding since he started to play with us in January.
I know he only played since January but I have voted for Michael Hector as player of the season.
Scott Parker should appoint Hector as the captain for next season.
I think he will be outstanding.
The Swan

Twig

Why on earth would you change captaincy and risk disrupting morale?  TC may not be the most demonstrative skipper but he has dome the job for quite a while and presumably is well respected.
I think we have more important considerations.

Andy S

Totally agree. I would like to see 11 captains on the field next season

Finnans Right Peg

Tom isnt your typical shout and roar captain but he lead by example in the play offs no need to change captain imo

Statto

Quote from: Twig on August 07, 2020, 09:29:10 PM
Why on earth would you change captaincy and risk disrupting morale?  TC may not be the most demonstrative skipper but he has dome the job for quite a while and presumably is well respected.
I think we have more important considerations.

+1

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

The Club Legend that is TC. There's only one Tom Cairney!

Although if Tom is out for whatever reason, big Hec is a phenomenal stand in skipper.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RoyTund

mrmicawbers

Ain't nobody like Tom Cairney.

Dodgin

Tom Cairney, if he's out it's Mitro. No need to do anything

'

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)

roberto w6

I see no point in changing it. As someone has already said, it could disrupt morale. Also, ManU fans tell me Cantona was never the same after he was given the arm band - they felt it curtailed him form being the wild card and therefore took away from his game. The same could happen to whoever takes on the role and we wouldn't want to risk that. Years ago in Italy, the captain was always the person who had made most appearances for the club (not sure if still the case) regardless of form, position or how regularly they played.
At the end of the day, the leaders will show regardless of whether they have a piece of elastic around their arm, so why focus on it? Cairney is as good as anyone and it seems to be accepted so why risk upsetting the apple cart?
We have other more important things to focus on...like signing players and organising team play so as we secure a longer-term place in the Premier
COYW

filham

We may need the introduction of two or three really good players but it is essential we keep the team that has fought so well over the season
Certainly no need to change the captain, that would be by far the easiest way to break up what we have.

HV71

Change as little as possible -