watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr Eberechi Eze

Started by Andy S, August 10, 2020, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Are Championship clubs taking the Micky asking £20m for a player who has finished in the bottom half of the table?

Cambridge Pete

No. If the buyer is willing to pay the asking price, but the old adage was "buyer beware". One of the essentials of a contract is consideration (Payment) There are no rules saying what consideration is fair. Would we complain if Man U offered £75mill+ for Mitro? If he scored 25+  goals every year for the next six seasons they would probably consider the price a bargain

Tabby

It isn't like they're looking to sell him or need to. I think they'd be happy with him staying.

The Rational Fan

They need to sell him because their squad is rubbish and Eberechi Eze is easily worth £20m IMO as his wages are low. I don't think people appreciate how much premier league players cost these days and even how much players cost that can help your team win the championship. I'd love to get him for £20m if we could sign him for five years on a low wage, we need a good 22-year-old attacking player like him.

The Cravenette

These figures are often broken down I thought.  Maybe down payment of £10 mil and rest in appearances, goals, etc.  Not sure anyone would be paying £20 mil upfront for an unproven player in the current climate would they?

humussapiens

Quote from: Andy S on August 10, 2020, 11:10:50 AM
Are Championship clubs taking the Micky asking £20m for a player who has finished in the bottom half of the table?

Eze is a really perspective player, only 22 and might be the next Cairney or better. In 2018/19 we didn't consider Madison who is the similar player, who jumped right into Leicester team and did little wonders in his first season.   

MikeTheCubed

Don't see why not if someone is willing to pay it. We sold a 29-year-old McCormack for ~£13million on the back of 17th & 20th place finishes.

mrmicawbers

Wasn't Eze with us as a kid?Sure I read something along those lines.

FFC1987

Seems like this is the kinda argument where one makes when it goes against us. I don't think we were taking the mick asking for excess amounts of this for Cairney, Sess and Mitrovic, so why shouldn't clubs protect themselves and try and get the most dollar out of their top talents. For what its worth, I currently wouldn't pay that but I'd expect QPR to value him as such considering how much of a key player he is to their team.

shepperton white

Think you'll find he had a spell with Milwall

JimOG

Quote from: humussapiens on August 10, 2020, 11:54:35 AM
Quote from: Andy S on August 10, 2020, 11:10:50 AM

Eze is a really perspective player, only 22 and might be the next Cairney or better. In 2018/19 we didn't consider Madison who is the similar player, who jumped right into Leicester team and did little wonders in his first season.

I find him 'easy on the eye' like Ozil but is he really determined/aggressive enough or a lighter version of Cairney? Dunno

CincyFulham1

He looks like Dwayne Dibley

simplyfulham

Yeah he did play in our academy for a bit at one point.

On the £20mil figure, Jude Bellingham has just gone to Dortmund for almost half as much again and they finished right down the wrong end of the table.